Which signee are you guys most excited about?

My favorites?

Cooper, Corey

Carnes, Brion

Marsh, Bronson

Bell, Kenny

Heard, Braylon

Hardrick, Jermarcus

David, Lavonte

Harper, Chase

Cotton, Jake

Okuyemi, Tobi

Mitchell, Joshua

Guy, Jay

Enunwa, Quincy

Rome, Chase

Evans, Ciante

Ashburn, Walker

Jackson, Harvey

Vestal, Donovan

Evans, Tyler

Moudy, Mike

Rodriguez, Andrew

Way to go out on a limb. <_<

I vote for Yoshi because hopefully it means Mike Smith is out of the line-up.

My favorites?

Cooper, Corey

Carnes, Brion

Marsh, Bronson

Bell, Kenny

Heard, Braylon

Hardrick, Jermarcus

David, Lavonte

Harper, Chase

Cotton, Jake

Okuyemi, Tobi

Mitchell, Joshua

Guy, Jay

Enunwa, Quincy

Rome, Chase

Evans, Ciante

Ashburn, Walker

Jackson, Harvey

Vestal, Donovan

Evans, Tyler

Moudy, Mike

Rodriguez, Andrew

Out of that whole list, i couldnt take my eyes off of cottons name. With all the thoughts running through my head about him being the next great nebraska lineman. :facepalm:

congrats on a very solid class! after all the moaning by the faithful all summer they finished very strong. getting cooper is a huge deal as he is outstanding. have seen rome play and don't get his high rating, he wasn't best D linemen on his team and didn't do much and I watched him closely. Same with Ty Gabbart who was a 4 star as well but was rather average.

Most articles I saw on carnes said he was an outstanding athlete who would play another position in college, wr or db.

Bo's guys went out and recruited a bunch of high level D players and Olinemen but where were the skill players on O they so desperately need? One wr and he is ok and no top flight qb that is needed to put in competition, NU needed at least 4 high level wr's to upgrade position after only one last year and he wasn't much. Rb recruit is rated highly, looks like bo is going back to his roots with a big OLine and going to pound the ball and play ball control.

North will be interesting next year between mu and nu. strong d against a talented O. rest won't be much of a factor.

There are plenty of underrated kids in our class. Harvey Jackson was close to getting an OU offer after he camped there this summer and TORE IT UP!! If OU would have pulled the trigger and offered him he would have gotten a :star:star:star:star ranking. Jay Guy is also a huge sleeper. The kid had about 25 scholarship offers but yet a :star:star:star rating? Come on now.

I am most excited about Corey Cooper, Harvey Jackson, Ciante Evans, and Joshua Mitchell. I am VERY DB bias. :)

congrats on a very solid class! after all the moaning by the faithful all summer they finished very strong. getting cooper is a huge deal as he is outstanding. have seen rome play and don't get his high rating, he wasn't best D linemen on his team and didn't do much and I watched him closely. Same with Ty Gabbart who was a 4 star as well but was rather average.

Most articles I saw on carnes said he was an outstanding athlete who would play another position in college, wr or db.

Bo's guys went out and recruited a bunch of high level D players and Olinemen but where were the skill players on O they so desperately need? One wr and he is ok and no top flight qb that is needed to put in competition, NU needed at least 4 high level wr's to upgrade position after only one last year and he wasn't much. Rb recruit is rated highly, looks like bo is going back to his roots with a big OLine and going to pound the ball and play ball control.

North will be interesting next year between mu and nu. strong d against a talented O. rest won't be much of a factor.

Haha. Yeah . . . that's why schools like Florida offered Rome. Geeze . . . he must be terrible.

You must not have seen the article where Jeremy Crabtree called Carnes the most underrated quarterback in Florida. (not to mention . . . he is the #7 dual threat quarterback in the country . . . only three spots behind MU's QB who I am sure you are geeked about.)

Desperately need? Really? First, why do you say "skill positions" when Nebraska got a good RB and a good QB? If you are saying we didn't get enough wide receivers or high enough quality wide receivers, just come out and say it. Check our depth chart. Nebraska has a LOT of wide receivers. Many of them are young. We can't afford to keep adding wide receivers to the roster and neglect other positions. If I were a Missouri fan I'd be a little worried that Pinkel is putting far too much emphasis on WR and QB and neglecting the offensive line and the defense as a whole. Personally, I love that we are emphasizing recruiting stud offensive linemen and defensive linemen. It all starts up front!

Also, you can't count out KSU. I'm not a Snyder fan but the man can coach.

• Fire 1

Seriously? Let me guess what Big12 North team your a fan of. :facepalm:

The two players I want to see excel in Lincoln are "Slick" Heard and Mike "Mountain Man" Moudy. Slick's upside should be obvious to anyone who's seen his highlights, and the more film I watch of our O-line recruits the more I'm convinced that Moudy will be the underrated gem in this 2010 freshmen class.

I hope you're right. I hope we do go back to a power running team with a dominant OL and good/great RB's along with a top notch defense. There are two things that come to mind with regards to this philosophy. 1) spread teams can't score if their offense is on the sidelines. 2) spread teams even on the field have troubles scoring on our defense. It only makes sense for a team wanting to dominate the Big 12 to go back to a power running style. The spread helps teams that have trouble getting high quality players by spreading the field. However, teams that get good/great players lose some of their effectiveness running the spread. CU was a power running football team, and they won a NC as a power running team. When Rick the Prick became the coach, he took good/great players and became this finesse spread team. Their win/loss record speaks for itself. Barnett took them back to a power running team, and he performed well in the Big 12 until $hit hit the fan with scandals. I don't mind running some spread, but I sure don't want it as the base of our offense.

I hope you're right. I hope we do go back to a power running team with a dominant OL and good/great RB's along with a top notch defense. There are two things that come to mind with regards to this philosophy. 1) spread teams can't score if their offense is on the sidelines. 2) spread teams even on the field have troubles scoring on our defense. It only makes sense for a team wanting to dominate the Big 12 to go back to a power running style. The spread helps teams that have trouble getting high quality players by spreading the field. However, teams that get good/great players lose some of their effectiveness running the spread. CU was a power running football team, and they won a NC as a power running team. When Rick the Prick became the coach, he took good/great players and became this finesse spread team. Their win/loss record speaks for itself. Barnett took them back to a power running team, and he performed well in the Big 12 until $hit hit the fan with scandals. I don't mind running some spread, but I sure don't want it as the base of our offense.

Hear, hear. Only thing I would add to all of that is that we do need to be competent in the passing department. The defense can't always be "on" and when they're having an off-game (like Texas Tech) the offense needs to be able to score. If we can roll through our schedule with a power running attack, I'm all for it. If we have to throw, though, I want a threat at Wide Receiver that the defense has to respect. Enunwa could be that guy in a couple of years.

Other than possibly Wilson Thommas, our reveivers are much better than the ones we had back in the glory years. I'd say each and everyone of our QB's are also much better passers than what we had back in the glory years as well. We will be able to throw the ball, and I suspect we will throw the ball close to 40 percent of the time. However, I also suspect we go back to a power running team between the tackles on those other 60 percent of the offensive plays. I don't think we'll see a lot of triple option in the future. Sure, it will pop up from time to time but won't be the basis of our offense.

North will be interesting next year between munu and nu. strong d against a talented O. rest won't be much of a factor.

Uneduacted post. We did not need four WRs in this class. Even if we did 4 true freshman are NOT going to upgrade that position. We are young on offense and we had a QB with a messed up elbow. We filled our needs in this class just fine.

I dont see MU contending for the North next year. Our offense will be much improved and their defense has never been anything to get excited about. Never has been never will be. Their top defensive recruit this year wont make it to campus. Their DL was thin to begin with. Helu and Burkhead will be able to run through some huge holes that our much improved and deeper OL create.

Uneduacted post. We did not need four WRs in this class. Even if we did 4 true freshman are NOT going to upgrade that position. We are young on offense and we had a QB with a messed up elbow. We filled our needs in this class just fine.

I dont see MU contending for the North next year. Our offense will be much improved and their defense has never been anything to get excited about. Never has been never will be. Their top defensive recruit this year wont make it to campus. Their DL was thin to begin with. Helu and Burkhead will be able to run through some huge holes that our much improved and deeper OL create.

I hope you're right but I think we still have some points to make up from the loss to them in 2007. We all know you can't make those up in one year. ;)