Which signee are you guys most excited about?

There are plenty of underrated kids in our class. Harvey Jackson was close to getting an OU offer after he camped there this summer and TORE IT UP!! If OU would have pulled the trigger and offered him he would have gotten a :star :star :star :star ranking. Jay Guy is also a huge sleeper. The kid had about 25 scholarship offers but yet a :star :star :star rating? Come on now.

I am most excited about Corey Cooper, Harvey Jackson, Ciante Evans, and Joshua Mitchell. I am VERY DB bias. :)

But... but... Jackson is a :star :star :star :star player according to Scout.

Take those Rivals goggles off EZ-E. :LOLtartar

There are plenty of underrated kids in our class. Harvey Jackson was close to getting an OU offer after he camped there this summer and TORE IT UP!! If OU would have pulled the trigger and offered him he would have gotten a :star :star :star :star ranking. Jay Guy is also a huge sleeper. The kid had about 25 scholarship offers but yet a :star :star :star rating? Come on now.

I am most excited about Corey Cooper, Harvey Jackson, Ciante Evans, and Joshua Mitchell. I am VERY DB bias. :)

Very true Nexus.

Scout = bible

Rivals = The Book of Mormon

:LOLtartar:LOLtartar

Very true Nexus.

Scout = bible

Rivals = The Book of Mormon

:LOLtartar :LOLtartar

:lol:

Touché

How many recruiting threads are going to be posted on the main boards this week? Come on people...

techinically they are on the football team now or count near enough so it's in the right place.

I think I'd agree with this. They're pretty recruit"ed" at this point; some are on campus already and others will be here during the summer. At some point talk about them is going to belong in the main board, where it gets more exposure anyway.

Not an official word, mind you. JMO :)

Im going with Lavonte David. hopefully he can contribute as soon as he steps onto the field..

I second that last statement. Dost my eyes deceive me or am I seeing an exact replica of

? David is the same height & weighs 10 lbs more. He's got similar speed, hits hard, has tons of energy, & is an aggressive ballhawk. See
for yourself, and you'll see the similarities instantly. Bo has a keeper, and I think he'll make his mark very quickly on the 2010 defense.

Wow!!

If he's anywhere in the universe of T. Farley we're rockin! Heck, remember the other olb we had then, J. Williams? He was awesome too!

haha....and under Bo? We're going to have fun!

congrats on a very solid class! after all the moaning by the faithful all summer they finished very strong. getting cooper is a huge deal as he is outstanding. have seen rome play and don't get his high rating, he wasn't best D linemen on his team and didn't do much and I watched him closely. Same with Ty Gabbart who was a 4 star as well but was rather average.

Most articles I saw on carnes said he was an outstanding athlete who would play another position in college, wr or db.

Bo's guys went out and recruited a bunch of high level D players and Olinemen but where were the skill players on O they so desperately need? One wr and he is ok and no top flight qb that is needed to put in competition, NU needed at least 4 high level wr's to upgrade position after only one last year and he wasn't much. Rb recruit is rated highly, looks like bo is going back to his roots with a big OLine and going to pound the ball and play ball control.

North will be interesting next year between mu and nu. strong d against a talented O. rest won't be much of a factor.

I hope you're right. I hope we do go back to a power running team with a dominant OL and good/great RB's along with a top notch defense. There are two things that come to mind with regards to this philosophy. 1) spread teams can't score if their offense is on the sidelines. 2) spread teams even on the field have troubles scoring on our defense. It only makes sense for a team wanting to dominate the Big 12 to go back to a power running style. The spread helps teams that have trouble getting high quality players by spreading the field. However, teams that get good/great players lose some of their effectiveness running the spread. CU was a power running football team, and they won a NC as a power running team. When Rick the Prick became the coach, he took good/great players and became this finesse spread team. Their win/loss record speaks for itself. Barnett took them back to a power running team, and he performed well in the Big 12 until $hit hit the fan with scandals. I don't mind running some spread, but I sure don't want it as the base of our offense.

Simply a great, great post!!

You bet, power running teams coupled with a great defense are vicious. NU's 93, 94, 95, 97, 99 & 01 teams didn't stomp people with finesse "fluffball". It was the road grader OLinemen and the stud backfield.

Bo brought the blackshirts back with a vengence. Now, it's decision time for the offense.

I most desperately hope we're going back to smashmouth too!

Sure the high profile guys are great, Chase Rome, Brion Carnes, Heard, Cooper, blah, blah. But I like to guess which sleepers will be big hits—--the under-the-radar guys who might emerge. I’m excited about Harvey Jackson (kind of a 'known' sleeper) and look for him to get on the field early on special teams. Maybe this season. Another guy I like is Jay Guy. I could see him breaking into the DT rotation season after next, 2011. Jay has a head start being on campus already. One other guy that intrigues me is Kenny “Supercharger” Bell. Looks good on paper, but he is a complete unknown--for me anyway. I wonder if we’ll give Supercharger a look at WR. Our receiving corps needs some help. Lots of help.