Headin' into Spring

Who steps up as the leaders of team. We basically lost all of our leaders from last year in Hickman, Suh, Dillard, and Asante. As we all know leadership is huge for any team and I could see this as being a big problem for NU if a couple of people don't step up. I look for Lee, Helu, Paul, Amukamara, and Crick to possibly step up and assume leadership for their respectful side of the ball. I just don't know if any of them has what it takes.

Zac Lee- How is a healthy Zac Lee with a full season's experience behind him going to perform. That will be interesting to see.

Cody Green- I will be looking to see how much improvement he shows if any.

Offensive line- Yoshi. I'm interested to see how next year's unit fair's. In my mind Barney is on the hot seat.

Playcalling- Will Watson still try to run Zac Lee the way he did in 09? Will Watson somehow remember that we actually have fairly good tight ends that can catch the football? Wildcat formation?

Defense- I will be watching the safety position and linebacker position's the most. I am not so worried about the defensive line.

Good topic.

I think leading into spring ball I'll be looking into the Offense more than the defense. I'd like to see these thing develope on the Offensive side of the ball:

- More physical Offensive Lineman who love to pancake people and I hope Hardrick will bring that intensity with him which he has shown as a Juco and the other guys will pick that up.

- Develope all of our QB's into great athletes to the point that all of them could be our starter. I'd like to see Green, Spano, Washington, Martinez, Kellogg Jr. to all emerge and prove to the coaches that once our starter goes down that place one of these guys into the game we'll feel comfortable that that person will lead us to a scoring drive and a win.

- Want to see more WR's emerge into a starting roll and learning to be more physical and catching the ball. Niles Paul surprised a lot of us in the Holiday Bowl and both Cooper and Kinnie are now developing into a WR as a go to guy.

- I'd like to see more formations than just that stupid zone read shotgun formation. I like what I saw during the Holiday Bowl and the Wildcat formation surprised everybody and was very effective.

I'm not to worried about our defense because Bo has shown us that he can move players around to fill in those gaps and to get the most out of that player.

Good topic.

I think leading into spring ball I'll be looking into the Offense more than the defense. I'd like to see these thing develope on the Offensive side of the ball:

- More physical Offensive Lineman who love to pancake people and I hope Hardrick will bring that intensity with him which he has shown as a Juco and the other guys will pick that up.

- Develope all of our QB's into great athletes to the point that all of them could be our starter. I'd like to see Green, Spano, Washington, Martinez, Kellogg Jr. to all emerge and prove to the coaches that once our starter goes down that place one of these guys into the game we'll feel comfortable that that person will lead us to a scoring drive and a win.

- Want to see more WR's emerge into a starting roll and learning to be more physical and catching the ball. Niles Paul surprised a lot of us in the Holiday Bowl and both Cooper and Kinnie are now developing into a WR as a go to guy.

- I'd like to see more formations than just that stupid zone read shotgun formation. I like what I saw during the Holiday Bowl and the Wildcat formation surprised everybody and was very effective.

I'm not to worried about our defense because Bo has shown us that he can move players around to fill in those gaps and to get the most out of that player.

:yeah

good topic.

I've heard Lee will miss spring ball (on this site) so I want to see a fierce competition from all other QB's

I expect the added depth to increase competition on the O-line

I want to see who emerges out of the other wide receivers besides Niles Paul.

I want to see a healthy Roy Helu

I am curious to see who emerges at LB and who steps up as leaders on the defense.

It would be nice to see some formations that exploit our talent at TE.

It is always interesting to see if any true fresh can come in and get PT.

1. Offensive Line

2. Quarterback

3. Safety

If we can successfully address all three, we'll be a top 10 team. If not, we might lose four again. The O-line play against Arizona was promising. Hopefully they're approaching the offseason with the same mentality of the O-line going into the '94 season. The quarterback issue is obvious. Either Zac Lee gets it together or somebody else needs to step up and be the type of confident leader any top ten teams needs. And at safety, we lost two pretty good ones. Rickey T is back but no one knows how good he will be after the injury.

#1 The offensive line: Are they going to step up become a better unit as a whole? We need them to for our whole offense to work better IMO.

#2 QB play: Whether it's Lee or Green, IMO Lee, they need to step up and be a leader, have the confidence to lead this offense.

#3 Playcalling: How will Watson call the plays this next season? Is he going to continue to tip toe around the playbook or is he going to call the plays that need to be called in the tough situations?

#4 Defensive play: Was Bo feeding us a line along with Suh or is this unit going to be better than last seasons?

• Fire 1

Heading in to spring, I am hoping that all this snow and cold ends.

As for the Huskers, I am interested to see if they really will raise their gam eto be a top 10 program. I cannot imagine any one player, especially a DT, could truly carry a team, but you all have a lot coming back so I am wondering if you actually get better.

And I am looking forward to the Easter Bunny and my kids Spring Break.

Zac Lee- How is a healthy Zac Lee with a full season's experience behind him going to perform. That will be interesting to see.

Cody Green- I will be looking to see how much improvement he shows if any.

Offensive line- Yoshi. I'm interested to see how next year's unit fair's. In my mind Barney is on the hot seat.

Playcalling- Will Watson still try to run Zac Lee the way he did in 09? Will Watson somehow remember that we actually have fairly good tight ends that can catch the football? Wildcat formation?

Defense- I will be watching the safety position and linebacker position's the most. I am not so worried about the defensive line.

True dat...A healthy Zac Lee and playcalling will be interesting to watch too.

Here's what I'm looking for.

1) Leadership. Who will be the guys to take this team and put it on their shoulders?

2) Offensive line play. Is the talent we recruited last year and this year really going to push everybody to be a better OL squad? We have a lot of good players waiting in the wings, and I've heard many people say that the only returning starter we may see on the OL come next season is Ricky Henry.

3) WR's. Who, other than Paul, is going to make this offense dynamic? Paul was our only real homerun threat last year. All of our other receivers were either spending too much time being demoted to scout team or just being too inconsistent to be on the field.

4) Does Cody Green step up and take the starting job, does Lee maintain it, or does somebody we have seen play extremely limited time if any at all (Spano, Washington, Martinez, Carnes, etc.) step up and take the role?

I'm not 'worried' about the defense either, i just want to see it be "better than last years." That would be an exciting thing to look for.

Offensively, I personally will be looking mostly at play calling. It was fun to watch and effective during the bowl game, more of that. Add a little hard-nose on the side.