Terrence Moore to replace Suh

I have very high hopes for Cam Meredith. I was impressed with him in limited action this year. With full season under his belt, I expect a leap forward.

Ankrah will keep Meredith honest if Meredith has any inclination to slack off. Anytime you have three guys vying for two spots, competition shouldn't be a problem. I expect whomever wins those starting RE spots to be fierce this year.

Considering T. Moore only played in 4 games compared to 13 that Baker played in, I'd have to say it's Baker's spot to lose. That's not to say that Moore or someone else could take it. This coaching staff preaches competition in everything, so nothing is a given. Just saying what I saw from looking at the stats.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If he were as involved in Husker football as we are, then he'd know Baker is the more likely candidate at this point.

Considering T. Moore only played in 4 games compared to 13 that Baker played in, I'd have to say it's Baker's spot to lose. That's not to say that Moore or someone else could take it. This coaching staff preaches competition in everything, so nothing is a given. Just saying what I saw from looking at the stats.

Again, let's not forget that Moore played a portion of last year injured. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, I'm just saying Stein isn't a lock for the spot.

September is pretty far away and alot could change, but at least on paper, having Crick and Stein in the middle is probably the next best thing to Suh and Crick. How many teams can claim they'll have 2- 6'6" DTs with the athletism of these two...

Also pretty confident in Meredith filling in for Turner on the end, hope he doesn't make me eat my words

GBR

It's been mentioned that Ankrah will be battling Meredith for a starting spot at DE. Does that mean the loser of that competition will play backup to the winner, or perhaps backup to Allen? Who will be Allen's backup assuming he gets the nod as a starter again in 2010?

It's been mentioned that Ankrah will be battling Meredith for a starting spot at DE. Does that mean the loser of that competition will play backup to the winner, or perhaps backup to Allen? Who will be Allen's backup assuming he gets the nod as a starter again in 2010?

From what I understand the two-deep will be a competition between:

Allen (almost certainly a starter)

Cameron Meredith

Jason Ankrah

Josh Williams

It's too hard to say how Ashburn, Vestal, Rome and Okuyemi will figure into the mix at this point, but with four quality rush ends in place, it's hard to imagine that most/all of these guys won't redshirt.

I think that ESPN should move to division coverage as opposed to full conference coverage. So you have one guy covering the Big XII North, and then one guy covering the South. Do the same for the ACC and SEC, or maybe get a neutral guy to cover the Big XII because Griffin's has a bias for Texas that's far and above all the other writers on ESPN can say. Siefert's bad with his bias of the Vikings in the NFC North blog, but he still provides good stories about the other 3 teams in the division. That and he openly admits to being a Vikings fan and makes a joke about it, so I have no problem if the writer has a bias just as long as they can get good stories about the rest of the teams they are supposed to be covering.

IMO the addition of Yoshi had a considerable impact on Baker staying at DT, OT is considerably more solid for the next couple seasons with Hardrick in the mix.

Plus if Stein were gone I think Randle would give Moore a considerable run for his money, Randle was 1st-team All-Texas and he's added some quality size since then.