Pelini contacted for Tennessee's DC Position

Wouldnt suprise me if hes gone next year. Especially if he feels now that the AD wants him gone.

I have heard nothing about this. Why would T.O. want Carl gone?

I don't think Carl Pelini will leave Nebraska until the perfect opportunity arises. He isn't going to take a DC position at any other school because it'd be a lateral move, and he has a great thing going here at Nebraska. Why would he want to leave a Big 12 title contender for a Tennessee program that has been flailing for the last few years?

IMHO, he will only leave for a head coaching position at good school. He more than likely won't go to a non-AQ. Just my opinion though.

Wouldnt suprise me if hes gone next year. Especially if he feels now that the AD wants him gone.

I don't think Carl Pelini will leave Nebraska until the perfect opportunity arises. He isn't going to take a DC position at any other school because it'd be a lateral move, and he has a great thing going here at Nebraska. Why would he want to leave a Big 12 title contender for a Tennessee program that has been flailing for the last few years?

IMHO, he will only leave for a head coaching position at good school. He more than likely won't go to a non-AQ. Just my opinion though.

It goes back to the whole booster deal. After the incident I have heard that TO tried to get rid of him, but Bo said that if he goes, they both go. Idk if that was posted in the thread about it, but I've heard it from a pretty reliable source. I have also heard that Carl is/was at some point, living in Bo's basement. But thats rather irrelavent.

seriously...where do some of you come up with this stuff....wow

It goes back to the whole booster deal. After the incident I have heard that TO tried to get rid of him, but Bo said that if he goes, they both go. Idk if that was posted in the thread about it, but I've heard it from a pretty reliable source. I have also heard that Carl is/was at some point, living in Bo's basement. But thats rather irrelavent.

• Fire 1

seriously...where do some of you come up with this stuff....wow

Seriously, don't kill the messenger. Im not trying to start anything. Its over. Chill out.

Just another BS rumor.

TO is an honorable man and I frankly think TO "wanting Carl gone" is simply a vicious lie.

I know a guy whose friends with the boosters wife. Its just what Ive been told. Im not choosing to believe anything. Just relaying the information. The basement one is a little hard to believe, but TO possibly wanting Carl gone I could possibly see, just because TO is a man of high morals and wouldnt want that negative light on his program.

I know a guy whose friends with the boosters wife. Its just what Ive been told. Im not choosing to believe anything. Just relaying the information. The basement one is a little hard to believe, but TO possibly wanting Carl gone I could possibly see, just because TO is a man of high morals and wouldnt want that negative light on his program.

I don't think TO wants Carl gone. Carl wanted a raise up to what Watson is making, and was trying to force Tom to do it. Tom might do it in a year or so, but I think he just wants to do it on his own terms.

Everything you're saying has been discussed in the thread about this rumor, and it's all been passed off as bunk. Whether Carl had an affair isn't anyone's business, and this notion that Tom is some do-gooder boy scout who can't tolerate a member of his staff having an affair is absolute nonsense. It goes against everything we know about Tom from his coaching days and the things his staff did/said. Those coaches under Osborne weren't all getting to bed at 9pm to get up for church every Sunday, don't you believe that for a second. It's a ridiculous stereotype people are putting on Osborne and it's not factual.

You can throw up your hands and say "don't shoot the messenger," but the problem is you're perpetuating a myth. Don't want to get called out? Then don't pass off rumor as fact. Pretty simple equation.

Everything you're saying has been discussed in the thread about this rumor, and it's all been passed off as bunk. Whether Carl had an affair isn't anyone's business, and this notion that Tom is some do-gooder boy scout who can't tolerate a member of his staff having an affair is absolute nonsense. It goes against everything we know about Tom from his coaching days and the things his staff did/said. Those coaches under Osborne weren't all getting to bed at 9pm to get up for church every Sunday, don't you believe that for a second. It's a ridiculous stereotype people are putting on Osborne and it's not factual.

You can throw up your hands and say "don't shoot the messenger," but the problem is you're perpetuating a myth. Don't want to get called out? Then don't pass off rumor as fact. Pretty simple equation.

I didnt pass the rumor off as a fact. I said I thought it was previously discussed also. Delete the post then.

You know. I heard from Bo Pelini's second cousin's wife's hair stylist's gardener that Dr. Tom got really red faced when Bo told him that if Carl goes, he does too. So Osborne offered to settle the issue by arm wrestling. So they squared off and Osborne had Bo, and just as he was about to slam Bo's arm to the table, Bo told him a dirty joke involving Bob Devaney, a boosters wife, 2 Japanese fighting fish, a salt water aquarium guy, Nebraska All American Tom Novak, a jeep wrangler, 4 geese, a pitbull and a rocket launcher. To which Tom lost his composure and Bo overpowered him. Winning the match and saving Carl.

• Fire 1

Lyons, I have actually heard the same thing. Not so much on the sleeping in the basement but than an ultimatum was issued when Bo was approached regarding the situation. The alleged happened the day after signing day. I was surprised that it was not mentioned.

To the original poster comment, when we reach the top again there will be a fair ever year of losing the staff. TN may be a lateral move but there may come a point when he want to hear Carl Pelini defense; instead of Bo and Carl or Bo Pelini defense. Look at Texas no ever say Mack Browns offense or defense. Ever year their defensive coordinator is in hot demand across the country.