Pelini contacted for Tennessee's DC Position

Lyons, I have actually heard the same thing. Not so much on the sleeping in the basement but than an ultimatum was issued when Bo was approached regarding the situation. The alleged happened the day after signing day. I was surprised that it was not mentioned.

And here's where the problems arise with this rumor. Signing Day was 2/3/10. Here's a post from 1/26/10:

Connected to that rumor is the rumor that Osborne told Bo that Carl had to go and Bo responded something to the effect of "If Carl goes, I go." Lets hope it doesn't come to that.

See how the rumor changes? Still think this is likely to be true?

People hear this rumor from multiple sources and assume it's true because "where there's smoke there's fire." That had to be posted like five times in the original thread, as if it's some truism we should all live our lives by. Reality is that there has never been a single credible source even hint at this. Carl was doing interviews during this whole time, he was coaching in the bowl game, he was out on the recruiting trail, and he got a huge raise - all while allegedly halfway out the door because Goody Two-Shoes Tom Osborne couldn't tolerate his philandering.

The bottom line is that most of the basis of this rumor comes from this very board. People read it, talk, and tell their friends and neighbors, word gets around, and suddenly everyone's hearing it from everyone else so they presume it's true.

There's a sucker born every minute.

Amen, PT. Amen.

• Fire 1

You know. I heard from Bo Pelini's second cousin's wife's hair stylist's gardener that Dr. Tom got really red faced when Bo told him that if Carl goes, he does too. So Osborne offered to settle the issue by arm wrestling. So they squared off and Osborne had Bo, and just as he was about to slam Bo's arm to the table, Bo told him a dirty joke involving Bob Devaney, a boosters wife, 2 Japanese fighting fish, a salt water aquarium guy, Nebraska All American Tom Novak, a jeep wrangler, 4 geese, a pitbull and a rocket launcher. To which Tom lost his composure and Bo overpowered him. Winning the match and saving Carl.

Source? Link? I can't just can't believe Tom had Bo at one point, much less Bo have to capability to tell a joke that would cause the loss of composure on Osborne's part. I'm sorry but i just can't partake in this without a link and/or source.

• Fire 1

Wouldnt suprise me if hes gone next year. Especially if he feels now that the AD wants him gone.

I have heard nothing about this. Why would T.O. want Carl gone?

I don't think Carl Pelini will leave Nebraska until the perfect opportunity arises. He isn't going to take a DC position at any other school because it'd be a lateral move, and he has a great thing going here at Nebraska. Why would he want to leave a Big 12 title contender for a Tennessee program that has been flailing for the last few years?

IMHO, he will only leave for a head coaching position at good school. He more than likely won't go to a non-AQ. Just my opinion though.

seriously...where do some of you come up with this stuff....wow

It goes back to the whole booster deal. After the incident I have heard that TO tried to get rid of him, but Bo said that if he goes, they both go. Idk if that was posted in the thread about it, but I've heard it from a pretty reliable source. I have also heard that Carl is/was at some point, living in Bo's basement. But thats rather irrelavent.

I think TO giving him an 80% raise may have quieted some of the rumors.

If he wanted Carl gone why would he give him a raise????? :dunno

You know. I heard from Bo Pelini's second cousin's wife's hair stylist's gardener that Dr. Tom got really red faced when Bo told him that if Carl goes, he does too. So Osborne offered to settle the issue by arm wrestling. So they squared off and Osborne had Bo, and just as he was about to slam Bo's arm to the table, Bo told him a dirty joke involving Bob Devaney, a boosters wife, 2 Japanese fighting fish, a salt water aquarium guy, Nebraska All American Tom Novak, a jeep wrangler, 4 geese, a pitbull and a rocket launcher. To which Tom lost his composure and Bo overpowered him. Winning the match and saving Carl.

Source? Link? I can't just can't believe Tom had Bo at one point, much less Bo have to capability to tell a joke that would cause the loss of composure on Osborne's part. I'm sorry but i just can't partake in this without a link and/or source.

I'm sorry. I don't have a link but you have to admit that I have a pretty reliable source.. I mean, Bo Pelini's Second cousin's wife's hair stylist's gardener! How can you get any closer to the situation? I think everyone can agree that it's almost like hearing it from Bo or T.O. themself.

I'm sorry. I don't have a link but you have to admit that I have a pretty reliable source.. I mean, Bo Pelini's Second cousin's wife's hair stylist's gardener! How can you get any closer to the situation? I think everyone can agree that it's almost like hearing it from Bo or T.O. themself.

But it's just a gardener, theyre outside all the time, could be missing a bunch of info. Now if it had been say, a maid, or housesitter, or even a broomstick, it would make all that more believeable.

Lyons, I have actually heard the same thing. Not so much on the sleeping in the basement but than an ultimatum was issued when Bo was approached regarding the situation. The alleged happened the day after signing day. I was surprised that it was not mentioned.

And here's where the problems arise with this rumor. Signing Day was 2/3/10. Here's a post from 1/26/10:

Connected to that rumor is the rumor that Osborne told Bo that Carl had to go and Bo responded something to the effect of "If Carl goes, I go." Lets hope it doesn't come to that.

See how the rumor changes? Still think this is likely to be true?

People hear this rumor from multiple sources and assume it's true because "where there's smoke there's fire." That had to be posted like five times in the original thread, as if it's some truism we should all live our lives by. Reality is that there has never been a single credible source even hint at this. Carl was doing interviews during this whole time, he was coaching in the bowl game, he was out on the recruiting trail, and he got a huge raise - all while allegedly halfway out the door because Goody Two-Shoes Tom Osborne couldn't tolerate his philandering.

The bottom line is that most of the basis of this rumor comes from this very board. People read it, talk, and tell their friends and neighbors, word gets around, and suddenly everyone's hearing it from everyone else so they presume it's true.

There's a sucker born every minute.

Amen, PT. Amen.

Right after the Gator Bowl last year I heard Tom was having to decide if he should fire Carl or not for very similar reasons... I wasn't checking message boards yet so don't know if that went around, but I found it pretty funny to read those things this year, seeing as how I had heard almost the exact same thing a year ago.

That being said, yes I think Carl will be gone at some point. I give him two more years here. He didn't comment on the Tennessee thing specifically (as far as I know) but he did say that Nebraska is on the verge of something very special and he likes working with Bo, so I think it will take just the perfect offer to get him to go. He is good enough, though, that the perfect offer will eventually come.

I know a guy whose friends with the boosters wife. Its just what Ive been told. Im not choosing to believe anything. Just relaying the information. The basement one is a little hard to believe, but TO possibly wanting Carl gone I could possibly see, just because TO is a man of high morals and wouldnt want that negative light on his program.

Well if thats the case, Solich was rummored to have an affair of his own, and T.O. was pissed after he was fired. So what gives? :dunno

Interesting rumors...

I think someone morphed the fact that Carl used to live in Stoops basement when he was a grad assistant.

didn't he live with bo in 2003?

Wait, I thought it was Mark Mangino who lived in Stoops basement?

I’ll bet it was Carl who actually lived with Stoops. And somebody saw Carl’s waterbed in the basement and thought the waterbed was Mangino.

• Fire 1

Interesting rumors...

I think someone morphed the fact that Carl used to live in Stoops basement when he was a grad assistant.

didn't he live with bo in 2003?

Wait, I thought it was Mark Mangino who lived in Stoops basement?

I’ll bet it was Carl who actually lived with Stoops. And somebody saw Carl’s waterbed in the basement and thought the waterbed was Mangino.

:rollin