CU and Nebraska to the PAC-10?

UGAHusker

San Diego State or maybe UNLV would be logical choices. NU or CU joining the PAC 10 is just silly talk.

Ultimately the PAC 10 will not add any other team. This conference realignment talk happens every offseason.

However you're forgetting that the PAC 10 + Big 10 are witnessing just how much cash and notoriety they're missing out on by not having a Champ game. They see the writing on the wall. The BCS contracts are up in 2013, with the MWC gaining more and more steam, which is a direct threat to the PAC 10, they almost have no choice but to expand.

The Big East has 8 teams in it's league, by far the crappiest BCS conference. If the MWC is still around then, and they add Boise, Fresno and maybe some others, look for them to take the big east's bid while holding a CHAMP game. This would severely hurt the PAC 10. I don't think they want any of that. The Big 10 + PAC 10 may have no choice but to expand to the CCG route and add teams. Either way, this could really impact NU and I hope TO and the NU AD are being very proactive and watching out for NU.

I'm pretty sure stuff will go down in the next couple years, too much $$$$$$$$$$$$ on the line.

• Fire 1

Why would Nebraska leave the Big 12 and ruin some good rivalries?

$$$$$ and primarily not being left out in the cold when the dust settles. You tend to throw those rivalries by the wayside when you're looking out for your own neck.

If CU and Mizzou think about bolting, TO better have his ducks in a row and get on the phone with his former player Alvarez at Wisconsin. Because even before it gets to that point Texas will blow the conference up and go to the PAC 10 or Big 10 and let every one else to fend for themselves.

CU to the PAC 10 is not unrealistic. Its a good fit for Colorado and for the PAC 10--the Denver market would be a huge get for them. While I dont believe Nebraska would ever go to the PAC 10, its foolish to think that somewhere down the road one of these conferences isnt going to do something that will affect the Big 12--business is business, and college athletics are a huge one at that. That could be 10 years from now, or it could be next year. Im sure, like some have mentioned, there are contingencies of at least some sort in Dr Toms desk.

CU to the PAC 10 is not unrealistic. Its a good fit for Colorado and for the PAC 10--the Denver market would be a huge get for them. While I dont believe Nebraska would ever go to the PAC 10, its foolish to think that somewhere down the road one of these conferences isnt going to do something that will affect the Big 12--business is business, and college athletics are a huge one at that. That could be 10 years from now, or it could be next year. Im sure, like some have mentioned, there are contingencies of at least some sort in Dr Toms desk.

Yeah, CU isn't all that unrealistic. I'm betting the Big 12 would just add TCU if any one team left.