Say goodbye to green jerseys...

Saunders

I apologize if this repeats a previous comment, I havent read thru all of them. I am a firm believer in practicing like it's a game. These quarterbacks need all the reps they can get when there is the possibility of getting hit so they can develop a knack of throwing under pressure when theyre not a 100% sure theyre NOT getting hit. It's like what d-lineman were taught during the Callahan year, to NOT put your hands up when the quarterback was throwing during practice so as not to disrupt the timing of the patterns in practice. WHAT THE HELL GOOD DOES THAT DO? You think opposing d-lineman in a game are gonna keep your hands down for you?

Watson says there won't be a green jersey assigned till a QB has proven he's a clear cut above the rest. Here's my quandary - what if no QB has jumped ahead of the pack by the time the Red/White game is played? Does that mean no QBs will where the green jerseys in the spring game?

Watson says there won't be a green jersey assigned till a QB has proven he's a clear cut above the rest. Here's my quandary - what if no QB has jumped ahead of the pack by the time the Red/White game is played? Does that mean no QBs will where the green jerseys in the spring game?

Personally I hope there isnt one in the spring "game". If you want to say its a game then its a game and you dont get a green jersey in a real game.

Agree with this procedure, get them ready in "game-speed" situations to see who can come out a clear cut winner. I heard somewhere that Pelini wants us to be "the most physical team in the country" and this is a step in being tough and physical.

I think the success of our offense lies within the health of the offensive line. Not sold on Lee completely, hoping he can perform like he did against Arizona in every game, but when the line is healthy, he looked good, of course they were healthy together and hurt together too I believe, our offense just needs to stay healthy all around and we will see a better offense.

Is Lee even playing this Spring?

Not according to this:

Q: What do you want to accomplish with the quarterbacks this spring? Will Zac be involved at all?

A: Zac won't be there at all. He'll get back in the mix later. Nobody has the starting job. In our program, as you know, you have to earn it all the time. What that does do is give Cody Green, Kody Spano, Taylor Martinez and the other guys a chance to show themselves. I expect it to be a very productive spring. We'll find out a lot.

So yeah, green jerseys will be off this Spring because no one has proven anything, but lets not read too much into that.

Personally I hope there isnt one in the spring "game". If you want to say its a game then its a game and you dont get a green jersey in a real game.

Don't they have the spring games set up similar to how the pro-bowl is set up, in that you can't have outside blitzes and things of the sort?

If they don't have it set up that way, they should. Just make the rules similar to the pro-bowl and then get rid of the green jerseys.