How do you feel about the Spring Game

HuskerMoon

Spring Game Opinion  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Husker Football of nearly any kind is a fun event as far as I'm concerned. After a long, bitter winter with no sports and next to no outdoors time, spending a Spring day in the sun at Memorial Stadium is a wonderful thing to do.

Even if the football is exhibition-level only, it's better than nothing. And you can't beat an excuse to tailgate. :thumbs

Moon, I am going to ask you a question, and I want an honest answer....What the hell is a spring game? <_<

I'd be happy to answer that question Maudfather! :)

The spring game is the annual full scrimmage held at the end of spring football. It usually conisists of limited play by the starters and is often the most playing time some of the pine riders will see in their entire football career at Nebraska. It is meant to help progress and prepare all of the players for the regular football season in the fall.

It also serves as an appetizer to some fans who go through football fever in the off season. I personally find that it's like taking a childrens tylenol for the "fever" in relation to the football metaphor. It just doesn't hack it. :nanalama

Moon, I am going to ask you a question, and I want an honest answer....What the hell is a spring game? <_<

The spring game is the annual full scrimmage held at the end of spring football. It usually conisists of limited play by the starters and is often the most playing time some of the pine riders will see in their entire football career at Nebraska. It is meant to help progress and prepare all of the players for the regular football season in the fall.

It also serves as an appetizer to some fans who go through football fever in the off season. I personally find that it's like taking a childrens tylenol for the "fever" in relation to the football metaphor. It just doesn't hack it. :nanalama

Moon, i think it's more like looking forward to and attending a giant reunion of your favorite college buddies... it's more about the beer, brats, weather, hot chicks, etc., etc., the game is something on 'in the background', and you pay attention to it whenever something really catches your eye (in this case mostly watching for individual players you want to see.) IMO, it ain't real football, and you soon focus your attention back on your beer, brats, buds,......

Moon, i think it's more like looking forward to and attending a giant reunion of your favorite college buddies... it's more about the beer, brats, weather, hot chicks, etc., etc., the game is something on 'in the background', and you pay attention to it whenever something really catches your eye (in this case mostly watching for individual players you want to see.) IMO, it ain't real football, and you soon focus your attention back on your beer, brats, buds,......

\

Well thats an interesting way to approach it. I guess we can all use an excuse to party once in a while. :cowbell:

I suppose if the college buddies I have at UNL had any interest in tail gating and I wasn't one of the only Nebraska football fans among a group of nerds and geeks it would help. lol

I listened to the spring game on the radio last year because i didn't get tickets in time and i was new to the area. But this year im going. I went today to pick up 3 for me, my sister and my grandmother. It will be my first time in Memorial Stadium, same for my sister and grandmother.

Really looking forward to it, and hope its a good experience.

i like the spring game i go to it every two to three years. I dont go every year because i think of it as a chance for people who normaly couldnt afford to go to a Husker game enjoy the experience at a relatively low cost. so i feel that if i go i am taking someones spot who normally coulndt afford to go to a husker season game.

You just described the regular season of every division 1 team that isn't Nebraska. :boxosoap

I think it is lame now that you have to have reserved seats. I remember back in the 90’s going to a handful of them and there was a just a free will donation as you walked through the gate. That was before it turned into this gigantic event and the stadium was only half full. Whatever though it is an easy way for the University to make some cash for the program. I also don’t understand why they can’t put it on NET for the folks that can’t make it down to Lincoln.