SIGNED OG Ryan Klachko

Nexus

Finally some respect! 4 out of our 5 recruits are 4* by scout. Only Dylan Admire is left and he is not rated yet. Although I feel Scout is not as good as rivals, this is still nice to see, along with the fact that A. Green is now a 5* by them. Lets get him, Russell (now 4*) and Williams (4*) locked up at the spring game and we will be cruising.

Not only that but their all Offensive players instead of defensive players which is surprising since we have a defensive minded Coach who has proven to make true athletes on the defensive side of the ball in his previous stints as DC. Thats a really good sign that things are improving and kids are taking notice of Nebraska again.

This massive, grinding, dominating mountain of a man at 6’4” 280-pounds projects very well…at GUARD. Having Klachko on the inside is a prospect that shows commitment to a solid running game as has been stated by Pelini in recent weeks. His tenacity and uninterrupted controlled violence from snap to whistle is nothing short of impressive especially for a junior.

Pulling seems a natural instinct to Klachko which can be a hindrance for some lineman, but not this brute. If there’s a double-edged sword with Ryan, and I’m sure this will be addressed, he goes for pancakes and wins that battle more often than not. There is some worry that if his hands remain high, a more seasoned Big XII defensive tackle could smack him aside, but with proper hand placement, he could find himself drenching them in maple syrup easily. As stated, some worry not extreme worry.

While Klachko is a running back’s dream, don’t think he can’t do wonders for a passer. It’s hard for a defensive end or tackle to make a play when they’re flat on the turf and that appears to be Ryan’s mission in life. If he were mechanically designed, his priorities would look a little something like 1. Flatten opponent 2. See priority #1. It actually gets funny to watch defenders try to get an advantage on him as they eventually turn into part of the playing field.

I could go on about Ryan and will as his senior season continues, but I want you to take a moment to realize what appears to be happening here. Jamal Turner commits, okay, great commit in the bank, but then FOUR offensive linemen in a row? That reeks of “get on the train now or we’ve got others who will happily take your place.” Not necessarily a bad thing, but with the depth that Nebraska appears to be able to pile up again, the Pipeline may be ready to make its presence known not only in 2010, but far beyond into the future with the three current commits added to Klachko.

http://www.hothuskers.com/huskerhype/initial-evaluation-ryan-klachko/#more-703

All four of our OL commits all have the ability to pull and block and they do it quite well and aggressively...something that we haven't seen much since Solich was here and during the Osborne era.

:yeah

I completely agree. There really isnt a slow OL on our current list of kids. They all have great feet.

Tyler Moore is an absolute overpowering run blocker. I was extremely impressed with his film. Completely worthy of 5 :star

Tyler Moore is an absolute overpowering run blocker. I was extremely impressed with his film. Completely worthy of 5 :star

Agreed... If he hadn't committed so early and let the offers pile up (see westerman) he probably would have been rated higher, but since he is a SOLID NU commit they don't scout them as much and his offer list doesn't get as impressive so he stays a measly 4 :star:sarcasm . Whatever, He is still a beast!

• 1 month later...

Hopefully we can get these guys with good speed and great feet, not to mention size, year in and year out... That way Barney won't be coaching a m*a*s*h* unit. And people can get off his a$$. And ya got give Barney credit, never made excuses all year.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...