Washington message board.

muddy_dawg, thanks for stopping by and welcome to the board. I am so excited for this game. I will actually be heading out to the game as I'm sure thousands of others Huskers are as well. I look forward to seeing the city, the campus, and of course, the game.

We have a large group getting on a boat three hours prior to kickoff to tour the bays and lakes....should be a lot of fun...booze is involved.

Let us know if there are any other can't miss attractions to see while in Seattle.

Best of luck! ....are boys will be ready to play.

Prediction:

NU 24

UW 13

There's nothing like going to a UW football game by boat!

Hopefully it will be a nice weekend, our September games usually have great weather: Sunny, low 70s something like that. Definitely take a walk through campus and find Drumheller Fountain. You'll get a nice view of Mt. Rainier framed by campus and the autumn leaves. I'd also advise heading out to West Seattle. It's off the tourist path has got some great views and some decent fish and chips as well! If you want to go to a bar for some refreshments and to watch some highlights of the game avoid the Ram in U Village like the plague. Try the Big Time Brewery in the U district instead. The atmosphere isn't great, but school won't be in yet so the frat boys will be undetectable and the beer is unbelievable and hard to find elsewhere. If you want something a little more formal check out Ray's Boathouse.

What sort of turn out do you expect from NU fans? We had Boise State and Ohio State here in 2007 and both schools traveled extremely well, I'd say 10,000 OSU fans and closer to 15,000 BSU fans.

Prediction: UW -23

Nu -17

Welcome to the Board Muddy! Seattle is a beautiful city. I actually have family that lives around Seattle (Kent and Auburn) and my dad was raised in the area. I lived in the Seattle area until I was 10. Really looking forward to this game. My wife and I were in Seattle last year and my aunts, uncles and cousins were already giving me crap about being a Huskers fan. Should be a lot of fun!

muddy_dawg, thanks for stopping by and welcome to the board. I am so excited for this game. I will actually be heading out to the game as I'm sure thousands of others Huskers are as well. I look forward to seeing the city, the campus, and of course, the game.

We have a large group getting on a boat three hours prior to kickoff to tour the bays and lakes....should be a lot of fun...booze is involved.

Let us know if there are any other can't miss attractions to see while in Seattle.

Prediction:

NU 24

UW 13

There's nothing like going to a UW football game by boat!

Hopefully it will be a nice weekend, our September games usually have great weather: Sunny, low 70s something like that. Definitely take a walk through campus and find Drumheller Fountain. You'll get a nice view of Mt. Rainier framed by campus and the autumn leaves. I'd also advise heading out to West Seattle. It's off the tourist path has got some great views and some decent fish and chips as well! If you want to go to a bar for some refreshments and to watch some highlights of the game avoid the Ram in U Village like the plague. Try the Big Time Brewery in the U district instead. The atmosphere isn't great, but school won't be in yet so the frat boys will be undetectable and the beer is unbelievable and hard to find elsewhere. If you want something a little more formal check out Ray's Boathouse.

What sort of turn out do you expect from NU fans? We had Boise State and Ohio State here in 2007 and both schools traveled extremely well, I'd say 10,000 OSU fans and closer to 15,000 BSU fans.

Prediction: UW -23

Nu -17

Welcome to the Board Muddy! Seattle is a beautiful city. I actually have family that lives around Seattle (Kent and Auburn) and my dad was raised in the area. I lived in the Seattle area until I was 10. Really looking forward to this game. My wife and I were in Seattle last year and my aunts, uncles and cousins were already giving me crap about being a Huskers fan. Should be a lot of fun!

I'm from Tacoma originally, so I know that area all too well! And it's always fun to have a early season opponent like Nebraska. Creates a nice buzz around town. It saddens me that next year UW will be playing a 1-AA school for the first time. Seriously, why do I want to pay 60 bucks to a see 65-3 thrashing of Cupcake Technical College of the Nazareth?

I know the game is a LONG time away but I was board and found this site. This is a thread a husker fan started all the Husky fans seem very respectful of us so I thought I would share.

huskyfan.com

Sorry it is the mobile site

We went up to Seattle for the last NU/WA game played there and flew from Denver to Lincoln and back with DAWG's for the last game in Lincoln. The DAWG fans are great. Nebraska won both of those games by BIG margins and their fans were just nice - no jeers or cussing - just nice people. The DAWG's were right up there with the class of fans at a Home Game in Lincoln. It is too bad the NCAA had to run Don James out of the school - James had built a very good program year in and year out - this would be like TO being forced out in Lincoln.

The Seattle stadium is a wonderful place to see a game. We've got tickets for this fall. Hope we have as many people in RED as the last time.

GBR

Prediction:

NU 24

UW 13

My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail :(

It's open....buy a plane ticket, swim to the boat :laughpound

You jerk! You know I can't swim!!

Dem bones don't float?

Husky fans are considered the most "SEC-ish" fans in the Pac-10, but we have some bandwagoneering jerks as well. They get their kicks trolling message boards.

I'm not going to say that I'm confident about the Nebraska game, but despite how gawd awful we've been the last few years we still protect a home record close to .700. Fresh off an 0-12 2008 we got LSU for the season opener. I was pretty worried about the stadium being empty by the 2nd quarter, but the Dawgs marched down the field and scored on the opening possession in four plays. The place was rocking (finally). We ended up losing the game by 8 and went 5-2 at home on the year, but ever since then I haven't ruled us out in any game.

The media attention will be on your marquee defense vs. our emerging offense, but our defense is on the rise. Based on what we have, it looks like an aggressive ball hawking defense that is prone to giving up a big play. The interior line is deep as is the secondary. The ends need to stay injury free as do our linebacker corp which is uncomfortably green after the first unit.

I would be surprised if this one is decided anytime other than in the last three minutes. Heartbreaks await.

Husky fans are considered the most "SEC-ish" fans in the Pac-10, but we have some bandwagoneering jerks as well. They get their kicks trolling message boards.

I'm not going to say that I'm confident about the Nebraska game, but despite how gawd awful we've been the last few years we still protect a home record close to .700. Fresh off an 0-12 2008 we got LSU for the season opener. I was pretty worried about the stadium being empty by the 2nd quarter, but the Dawgs marched down the field and scored on the opening possession in four plays. The place was rocking (finally). We ended up losing the game by 8 and went 5-2 at home on the year, but ever since then I haven't ruled us out in any game.

The media attention will be on your marquee defense vs. our emerging offense, but our defense is on the rise. Based on what we have, it looks like an aggressive ball hawking defense that is prone to giving up a big play. The interior line is deep as is the secondary. The ends need to stay injury free as do our linebacker corp which is uncomfortably green after the first unit.

I would be surprised if this one is decided anytime other than in the last three minutes. Heartbreaks await.

I can respect that opinion. Very fair.

The offense is the talk of Washington, while our defense is the talk of Nebraska. I think it will be a close game, but I won't make any predictions until the week before the game, so I can take into account everything I have seen thus far.

Our quarterback situation will be the key determinant as to what happens for us next year. If we have solid quarterback play, I think we are very legitimate BCS bowl contenders. If we have quarterback play similar to last year, it will be another long season full of "almost won those" games.

Do you think you guys could beat USC again this year? My brother is a USC fan and I love rubbing it in his face when they lose.

Do you think you guys could beat USC again this year? My brother is a USC fan and I love rubbing it in his face when they lose.

Yeah, it's a definite possibility. This the first year in a decade that Washington has more talent than USC at any position other quarterback: Running Backs, Receivers and possibly DBs. Also, it's way too early to tell for sure, but based on their respective work history, Sarkisian is a better coach than Kiffin.

On Idaho: We play them every two or three years and last year was the first time I've ever seen them with NFL caliber talent. They definitely turned some heads with their passing attack and the OL's blocking schemes. Really disciplined hard nosed team. That said, I don't think Nebraska has to worry. Idaho has to play four quarters against you. They'll try to get in a shoot out with you and hope that your offense makes some mistakes.

Wow! I'm not even a third down the page, and already Andy P (representing Nebraska) is being a raging bag of d*cks! Good job, buddy! Good work using the f-word, and the ever-dreaded c*nt word. Way to represent!

Wow! I'm not even a third down the page, and already Andy P (representing Nebraska) is being a raging bag of d*cks! Good job, buddy! Good work using the f-word, and the ever-dreaded c*nt word. Way to represent!

he's a real troll. you gotta wonder if it isn't a colorado fan jobbing us and trying to ruin our good name, but who would waste time doing that. maybe he is a mean drunk. guy's outta control and needs to be stopped.

Like I said earlier in this thread, it's just a matter of poor board management. Their moderators should have banned that idiot long ago. He wouldn't last a day behaving that way here. I don't understand what they think they're gaining by allowing him to go on like that. It kills conversation.

Like I said earlier in this thread, it's just a matter of poor board management. Their moderators should have banned that idiot long ago. He wouldn't last a day behaving that way here. I don't understand what they think they're gaining by allowing him to go on like that. It kills conversation.

I would like to post on that board but this guy killed it for NU fans. I want to go to this game, it depends on $$$$ at this point but it will be nice to try to hook up with a few regulars, if I can pull it off. This game is one of the top games in September. I think Gameday will be there. West Coast trip with some nice subplots and great scenery. Do they announce the Gameday sites/games in advance???