Westboro Baptist Church

I thought that the Supreme Court had already decided to take the case. Even though this article is dated for yesterday, I could have sworn I heard this news weeks ago and new the S.C. was planning to take the case later this year. Perhaps I heard wrong though.

I understand that you can't take the WBC's free speech away, but the Snyder family should be given the right to bury their loved one in private, and not be disturbed by the WBC. Plus, I don't see how you can find the WBC NOT GUILTY of intentional emotional distress. Just baffles me...

These people want to be martyrs:

Both Phelps and Snyder's attorney said they were surprised that the 4th District chose to weigh in on the issue of legal costs when they could have waited until after the Supreme Court hearing.

Phelps believes the ruling bodes well for her side.

"It is a good harbinger of the fact that the Supreme Court will remind this nation that you don't have mob rule. The fact that so many people hate these words does not mean you can silence or penalize them. That's supposed to be the great liberty that we congratulate ourselves on protecting in this nation. We strut all around the world forcing people to give all the liberties we supposedly have," she said.

Phelps anticipated that a Supreme Court ruling in the church's favor would be unpopular, but she said Westboro's members viewed the potential outcome in Biblical terms.

"When the Supreme Court unanimously upholds the 4th Circuit, it's going to put this country in a rage, and we will be expelled," she said. "But whenever it was time for an epic event in the Bible, the thing that happened right before is the prophets were removed from the land, and that's what's going to happen to us. ... We're going to sprint to the end of this race."

They'll probably get their wish but it won't be by some random crazy either.

I'm afraid it will be a family member or friend distraught with their loss and something really bad will happen -- making for a tragedy that could have been averted.

These people want to be martyrs:

Both Phelps and Snyder's attorney said they were surprised that the 4th District chose to weigh in on the issue of legal costs when they could have waited until after the Supreme Court hearing.

Phelps believes the ruling bodes well for her side.

"It is a good harbinger of the fact that the Supreme Court will remind this nation that you don't have mob rule. The fact that so many people hate these words does not mean you can silence or penalize them. That's supposed to be the great liberty that we congratulate ourselves on protecting in this nation. We strut all around the world forcing people to give all the liberties we supposedly have," she said.

Phelps anticipated that a Supreme Court ruling in the church's favor would be unpopular, but she said Westboro's members viewed the potential outcome in Biblical terms.

"When the Supreme Court unanimously upholds the 4th Circuit, it's going to put this country in a rage, and we will be expelled," she said. "But whenever it was time for an epic event in the Bible, the thing that happened right before is the prophets were removed from the land, and that's what's going to happen to us. ... We're going to sprint to the end of this race."

If this is how they feel, I think there is a compound in Guyana that's available that would be perfect for them.

Heck, if we're lucky there may even be some leftover barrels of Flavor-aide there for them. Don't worry folks I'm sure they're harmless, drink up! :koolaid2::waste:thumbs

I will put this out there for everyone to read and see. If my boys grow up and want to become members of our military, I will stand behind them 100%. If for some reason they lost their lives fighting for this country, god help me, and somebody showed up and did the things these people have done, I would literally hunt them down and kill them slowly and painfully. I would enjoy the time in prison that would come with my punishment knowing that I stood up for my sons. No trial, no long and drawn out court mess, I did it and enjoyed it. This is absolutely the biggest pile of bull$hit I've ever read. The Supreme Court may be acting in the best interest of what the constitution says, but it's not even close to being right. This fills me with a rage that I can't even explain and I'm very hard-headed about it. These jerks need to be gone from the face of this earth.

I'm not crazy, I just know what's right and what's wrong and I know several of you agree with me.

I will put this out there for everyone to read and see. If my boys grow up and want to become members of our military, I will stand behind them 100%. If for some reason they lost their lives fighting for this country, god help me, and somebody showed up and did the things these people have done, I would literally hunt them down and kill them slowly and painfully. I would enjoy the time in prison that would come with my punishment knowing that I stood up for my sons. No trial, no long and drawn out court mess, I did it and enjoyed it. This is absolutely the biggest pile of bull$hit I've ever read. The Supreme Court may be acting in the best interest of what the constitution says, but it's not even close to being right. This fills me with a rage that I can't even explain and I'm very hard-headed about it. These jerks need to be gone from the face of this earth.

I'm not crazy, I just know what's right and what's wrong and I know several of you agree with me.

I'm with you BRI. I think the Supreme Court would be making the right decision, but that doesn't mean it's OK. I don't have kids but if I did and that happened in the future, I'd want to do the same.

This is totally BS...I cannot stand these people and they deserve what is coming to them. I have a buddy who has gone on the Freedom Riders to help prevent these idiots cause problems at the funerals of these brave men and/or women who lost their lives serving our country.

They really need to look at what their doing and reflect how f-ing stupid they really are.

This is totally BS...I cannot stand these people and they deserve what is coming to them. I have a buddy who has gone on the Freedom Riders to help prevent these idiots cause problems at the funerals of these brave men and/or women who lost their lives serving our country.

They really need to look at what their doing and reflect how f-ing stupid they really are.

These guys are the true patriots. God bless them for what they do.

And BRI - I know just what you mean, brother.

+1...if that was still an option.

I thought these guys would be easy to troll, but damn. Enhance is right. They are very well aware of their first amendment rights and have been very privy to infiltrators such as myself. A serious tax attorney could probably find some dirt on them, however.

It's been tried to revoke their exempt status. Time and time again, they always seem to skate by operating just enough in the gray areas without actually breaking the law.

they're con artists...that's all they are. They may believe to some extent some of the crap they spew...but I believe a lot of it is all a giant big con. Trying to get people to do something to them so they can file a lawsuit. It's how they make their money! They all have law degrees and even they're own law firm.

I'm no fancy big city lawyer (stretches suspenders)...but in the case of the marine's father, I think if the Appeals court had decided the "church" were within their first amendment rights, then fine. It's stupid, but fine. But I don't think it's fair that they should order the father to pay legal fees to the "church." As far as I'm concerned the original court case was closed. It was the "church" who decided they should proceed further and appeal it....and I think if they want to do that, they should do so on their own dime.

they're con artists...that's all they are. They may believe to some extent some of the crap they spew...but I believe a lot of it is all a giant big con. Trying to get people to do something to them so they can file a lawsuit. It's how they make their money! They all have law degrees and even they're own law firm.

I'm no fancy big city lawyer (stretches suspenders)...but in the case of the marine's father, I think if the Appeals court had decided the "church" were within their first amendment rights, then fine. It's stupid, but fine. But I don't think it's fair that they should order the father to pay legal fees to the "church." As far as I'm concerned the original court case was closed. It was the "church" who decided they should proceed further and appeal it....and I think if they want to do that, they should do so on their own dime.

I can tell you that Phelps is a true believer. I've watched a documentary on these cooks and it basically burns down to a tyrannical father who probably has at least one mental disorder. Three of his children left his family and one or two of them was interviewed by phone for the documentary. According to them he was violent and rage-prone in the home in addition to his cherub-like social interactions.

I can tell you that Phelps is a true believer. I've watched a documentary on these cooks and it basically burns down to a tyrannical father who probably has at least one mental disorder. Three of his children left his family and one or two of them was interviewed by phone for the documentary. According to them he was violent and rage-prone in the home in addition to his cherub-like social interactions.

What are their best dishes? :laughpound

Check this out. This comes from another proponent site similar to the one the WBC has. Apparently, this type of music will turn your child "gay".

Ween (Rainbow)

Lil'Wayne

P!nK (gay family)

The Black Keys

Coldplay

SlipKnot (make-up)

RadioHead

Michael Jackson

Boredoms

School of Seven Bells (gay twins)

Jason Mraz

Jonas Brothers

Rilo Kiley

Death Cab for Cutie

Sarah McLachlan

George Strait

Cold War Kids

Toby Keith (cowboy)

P-Diddy

Black People

Vampire Weekend

King Crimson

Kate Bush (kissed a girl)

Bob Dylan

Fleet Foxes

Sigur Ros (nudists)

Twisted Sister

The Spores (endorse suicide)

Scissor Sisters

Turbonegro

Rufus Wainwright

Merzbau

Ravi Shankar

The Butchies (lizbians)

Wilco

Bjork (mb)

Tech N9ne

Ghostface Killah

Bobby Conn

Morton Subotnik

Cole Porter

The String Cheese Incident

Eagles of Death Metal

Polyphonic Spree

The Faint

Interpol

Twisted Sister (jj)

Tegan and Sara

Erasure

The Grateful Dead (drugs too)

Le Tigre

Marilyn Manson (dark gay)

The Gossip

The Magnetic Fields

The Doors

Phish

Queen

The Strokes

Morrissey(?questionable?)

Metallica

Judas Priest

The Village People

The Secret Handshake

The Rolling Stones

David Bowie

Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Man or Astroman

Richard Cheese

Jay-Z

Depeche Mode

Kansas

Ani DiFranco

Fischerspooner

John Mayer

George Michael (texan)

Angel Eyes

The Indigo Girls

Velvet Underground

Madonna

Elton John

Barry Manilow

Indigo Girls

Melissa Etheridge

Eminmen

Nirvana

Boy George

Jon Brion

The Killers

Lou Reed

Lil' Wayne

Motorhead

Jill Sobule

Wilson Phillips

DMX

Wesley Willis

Lisa Loeb

Ted Nugent (loincloth)

Dogstar

Thirty Seconds to Mars

Lil' Kim

kd lang

Frank Sinatra

Hinder

Nickleback

Justus Kohncke

Bob Mould

Clay Aiken

Arcade Fire

Bright Eyes

Corinne Bailey Rae

Audioslave

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Panic at the Disco

The Cure (makeup)

Spin Doctors

The Deers

Lindsey Lohan

The Smiths

Beck

Tom Waits

The Cramps

Cannibal Corpse

Britney Spears(kissed Madonna)

Perfect Sin

The Queers

NoFx(gay punk)

Soup Dragons

Elton John(really gay)

So, tell me. To any of you who have listened to these bands a lot (or maybe one of them is your favorite), have you "gotten gay"?

:facepalm:

Link