Player: Trai Turner

Hometown: New Orleans, LA

School: St. Augustine HS

Position: OT

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 330

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Baylor, Kansas St., Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi St., Nebraska, SMU, Southern Miss, Tennessee, Tulsa

Committed to LSU

Rivals: :star :star :star :star (#11)

Scout: :star :star :star (#19)

ESPN: :star :star :star (#33)

His first step is seems really slow. He studders on almost every play. I only watched the first few minutes, but it looks like he has 150+ pounds on every defender. Some looked like 125 pound rag dolls.

At least we won't have to worry about Bo yelling at him though...the school he goes to seems fairly strict...

Throughout its history St. Augustine has maintained a tradition of strong discipline, achieved in particular through the extensive use of corporal punishment. Time magazine reported in 1965 that "the atmosphere at St. Aug's is warm but strict. Misbehaving students are whacked with an oak paddle".[4]

The school's founding principal, Fr Matthew O'Rourke, has said that the discipline instilled by what he called the "Board of Education" was important because learning could not go on without it. With it, students were so well-behaved that visitors to the campus were amazed.[6]

Today still, students frequently are required to bend over for very hard spankings with a paddle for even minor misconduct. This form of punishment is traditionally known within the school as "getting the board," or "getting that wood," or just "getting hit".[7]

The application form for teaching staff makes clear that the school believes that African-American young men respond particularly well to severe paddlings, and seeks to ensure that new recruits to the faculty are in accord with the spanking policy.[8]

His first step is seems really slow. He studders on almost every play. I only watched the first few minutes, but it looks like he has 150+ pounds on every defender. Some looked like 125 pound rag dolls.

At least we won't have to worry about Bo yelling at him though...the school he goes to seems fairly strict...

Throughout its history St. Augustine has maintained a tradition of strong discipline, achieved in particular through the extensive use of corporal punishment. Time magazine reported in 1965 that "the atmosphere at St. Aug's is warm but strict. Misbehaving students are whacked with an oak paddle".[4]

The school's founding principal, Fr Matthew O'Rourke, has said that the discipline instilled by what he called the "Board of Education" was important because learning could not go on without it. With it, students were so well-behaved that visitors to the campus were amazed.[6]

Today still, students frequently are required to bend over for very hard spankings with a paddle for even minor misconduct. This form of punishment is traditionally known within the school as "getting the board," or "getting that wood," or just "getting hit".[7]

The application form for teaching staff makes clear that the school believes that African-American young men respond particularly well to severe paddlings, and seeks to ensure that new recruits to the faculty are in accord with the spanking policy.[8]

To each their own. If this works for them, more power to them.

all i know is that if they tried that with me, they'd be in the er if i was nice to them.

• Fire 1

all i know is that if they tried that with me, they'd be in the er if i was nice to them.

Ya ok, dude, whatever. How's that internet 35 ACT score coming.

“I have offers from Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, Michigan, Nebraska and SMU have all offered. I have eight or nine offers.”

“At this time I don’t have any favorites. I am looking forward to narrowing my list down in the coming weeks. I want to commit this June or July.”

• 4 weeks later...

Alabama has offered.

Alabama hasn't offered yet and instate college LSU hasn't offered yet and might not because they already have 2 committed lineman for the 2011 class and Turner might be on top of LSU's board.

Next week Turner's school is having their spring game and a lot of coaches will be there. Will Bo & Co. show up don't know but it sounds like Tennessee is recruiting this kid hard.

LSU just offered

Turner says that he's honored to get an LSU offer and to finally get an offer from his homestate team.

Turner did speak highly about Mississippi State and he said that he has a really close relationship with coach Dan Mullen and MSU has the family feeling which he really likes. Turner even went further saying that he thinks that MSU is a BCS contender ending into the 2010 season.

He's thinking about making a top 7 at the end of spring and doesn't want to rush his decision.

• 2 weeks later...