I enjoy reading Huskers Illustrated for insights into recruiting and the NU FB program, but has anyone else gotten tired of the drama on it lately? There are a few posters there who seem to be well connected to the program and have some pearls not readily found elsewhere (other than Huskerboard, of course), but over the past few weeks it's been more personality and less information. I know some ppl here also post there (I don't post there) and I won't mention names but I have to believe others have noticed this as well. Chalk this up to another reason why I like the character of this board so much. Generally, if someone here gets testy they almost always apologize later. I think I'm going to take a sabbatical from HI for awhile.

I don't post on Huskers Illustrated much. It's not as free-spirited nor is it as interesting as HB. It is partially censored, after all. I started a thread asking if anybody knew info on the Suh accident from last fall, and it got deleted by MODS.

I've said this many times, and knapplc feels the same way. Huskerboard is arguably the most informed Husker site on the entire internet. We find out about anything Husker related long before the media ever reports on it. We broke the Yoshi breaking his hand incidence, I started the thread about Suh's car accident last year, etc. Stuff pops up on here before it does on HI, the local media, national media, and so on.

I've had an HI subscription for awhile, but even I'm considering dropping it. Their idea of "special access" includes little snippets about recruiting information. It's never anything overly interesting. And, like I said, stuff they say ends up on here before they post it or it ends up in conversation.

The people whining on HI about Suh being an a-hole are awesome. Guess he hasn't done enough for them lately. There's a lot of posters on their who clearly have their subscription paid for by their parents...

EDIT: Now that I think about it, there seems to be a ton of people on there that think paying 10 dollars a month for access makes them somehow know more about football than, well, anyone.

I do have a HI account. But my heart belongs to huskerboard! I use my HI subscription to keep you guys informed, specifically in the recruiting forum. With that being said, I believe there are members here that are relied upon to supply the information that only paid sites give out. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the recruiting forum ran entirely by people with subscriptions to rivals and scout?

I do have a HI account. But my heart belongs to huskerboard! I use my HI subscription to keep you guys informed, specifically in the recruiting forum. With that being said, I believe there are members here that are relied upon to supply the information that only paid sites give out. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the recruiting forum ran entirely by people with subscriptions to rivals and scout?

I too have a subscription and use it in the same way. I like to read the full recruiting articles and then post summaries here. Our group is pretty well informed and those articles spark a lot of conversation.

I personally could give two sh*ts what HI tells me regarding anything outside of recruiting.

• 3 weeks later...
I've said this many times, and knapplc feels the same way. Huskerboard is arguably the most informed Husker site on the entire internet. We find out about anything Husker related long before the media ever reports on it. We broke the Yoshi breaking his hand incidence, I started the thread about Suh's car accident last year, etc. Stuff pops up on here before it does on HI, the local media, national media, and so on.

Interesting theory.

:moreinteresting