Tiger Woods / Michael Vick: Who did worse?

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think Tiger is "scum." I think he's stupid for cheating on his wife, but the tabloid nature of this is what's making him look bad. It's not my business who Tiger sleeps with, and while I wouldn't do what he's done, I understand why he did.

To me there's no comparison. It's Vick all the way.

I couldn't agree more.

I completely disagree with what Tiger did. Every fiber of my being tells me that what he did is wrong. But, Michael Vick was responsible for death and torture.

Well, I guess Michael Vick is responsible inasmuch as his name was on the title of the house. He didn’t live there or personally care for the dogs.

Sure, Tiger didn’t kill any dogs. But he did screw a few dogs.

I think Vick is an a$$hole and didn't get punished enough. I also think the management of the Phil. Eagles stink, they bring Vick back and not even a year later they ship off Donnavan McNabb off to the Redskins.

T_O_B

:facepalm:

Wow. I seem to be in the minority here. Okay, think about it this way. Say you are a soldier stationed in Iraq for two years. You come home and find out that your wife is in deep yogurt. Really serious trouble. Which of these two alternatives would upset you more:

1) She ran a dog fighting club and was responsible for a dozen pit bulls getting killed; or

2) Your wife had multiple affairs, screwing a dozen different guys over the past couple of years. Without condoms. Some of the guys were male prostitutes. And stories about it appeared in every newspaper in your town and every website you read.

I would be more angry with #2.

Wow. I seem to be in the minority here. Okay, think about it this way. Say you are a soldier stationed in Iraq for two years. You come home and find out that your wife is in deep yogurt. Really serious trouble. Which of these two alternatives would upset you more:

1) She ran a dog fighting club and was responsible for a dozen pit bulls getting killed; or

2) Your wife had multiple affairs, screwing a dozen different guys over the past couple of years. Without condoms. Some of the guys were male prostitutes. And stories about it appeared in every newspaper in your town and every website you read.

If you put it in that sense, most people would be more upset with option #2. The only problem is that we're not directly involved in the situation. We are outsiders looking in on both of these terrible incidents. Ergo, most of us really have nothing personal at stake with either of these topics.

Because of this, #2 is more frustrating to me. From an outsiders perspective, which is worse? The torture, and sometimes death, of many dogs that could have lived a long, fruitful life, or one man's travesties against his wife?

Or, you can also look at our judiciary system for which is worse. One man received jail time and hefty fines, the other man (with the exception of public image) walks away clean. Our society has already deemed the death and mutilation of dogs as worse.

Here is a snippet from wikipedia (I know, it's wikipedia, but stay with me) that discusses his direct involvement.

He admitted to sharing in the proceeds from these dog fights. He further admitted that he knew his colleagues killed several dogs who did not perform well. He admitted to being involved in the destruction of 6–8 dogs, by hanging or drowning

LINK

Easily Vick. I don't think either is scum, they both made mistakes, though vicks is much worse in my eyes. Sure Tiger cheated on his wife, but the only reason that was such a big deal is because everyone loved him. Yah cheatings obviously bad, but why is that our business. Celebritys cheat all the time, obviously that doesn't justify it, but it happens, we just think its so much worse because its our beloved Tiger.

Well, I dont know about the corporate farming either. But I do agree with MIKE in that Tiger hurt people (his family) while Vick only hurt dogs. Or at least Vick bankrolled the people who hurt (killed) the dogs.

The way I see it,

people > dogs

tiger worse than vick /jmho

people > dogs???

OK..Since I've become a parent, I'll grudgingly agree with you...But how fair is it for us (people) to decide?

It could've been much worse, though.

Tiger could've had consensual sex with dozens of Pit-Bulls and Vick could've sponsored chick-fights...Uh..OK..That sounds like more than a little fun to watch...'Specially in deep yogurt..

Where was I going with this?

Oh yeah..

I'd guess the slant that we tell ourselves that the reason it's any of our business, is how it affects our own kids (I used to laugh at parents that were always concerned about affecting kids).

When My Son came home from second grade with three girlfriends, I acted all concerned about their feelings while his Mom was in the room, but after she left, high fives all around..

But if I found out he'd mutilated some animals (a prerequisite for mass murderers) I'd loose a lot of sleep.

Tiger cheated on his wife...it sucks and it is not the best decision, there are thousands and thousands of athletes/celebrities that do this on a daily basis and we hear nothing about....or hardly anything. Tiger does this and he is completely ostracized for making the stupid, stupid decision.

Vick on the other hand was running one of the most disgusting, disheartening "scams" and taking a lot of money in the process, lied to everyone over and over about his involvement. What he did is/was far worse than what Tiger did.

How about we throw Madoff in the mix? Where does he crime sit?

Only won of them broke the law!!!! The public shame that tigger has caused his family and his friends is immense but I don't what he did broke any laws and he wasn't charged and sent away for doing anything wrong.

He was probably under the influence of drugs when he left his house and crashed his car but he wasn't charged with a serious crime on that. So in terms of breaking the law and doing worse, you would have to say that Mike Vick did much worse but tigger is guilty of having no morals. Not a crime in my opinion. He has to deal with the damage to his marriage but no jail time.

Only won of them broke the law!!!! The public shame that tigger has caused his family and his friends is immense but I don't what he did broke any laws and he wasn't charged and sent away for doing anything wrong.

He was probably under the influence of drugs when he left his house and crashed his car but he wasn't charged with a serious crime on that. So in terms of breaking the law and doing worse, you would have to say that Mike Vick did much worse but tigger is guilty of having no morals. Not a crime in my opinion. He has to deal with the damage to his marriage but no jail time.

Ahhh, morals versus the law. Not always so clear.

Consider a guy sitting on a park bench who passively watches a toddler wander away from her mother, fall into the fountain and drown. But the guy does nothing to save the toddler. The guy would not break any law, but would certainly have questionable morals. But if that same guy walked his dog through the park without bothering to clean up his dog’s poop, well then he would be a lawbreaker, although not necessarily an immoral person.

Even though Vick broke laws and served jail time, I still think Tiger’s actions were worse because the people Tiger hurt most were his own family. But that's just my own opinion.

• Fire 1

im with you, nuance. watch my back. ;)

Ha ha! Sure thing. btw, I would save the toddler from the fountain. And I would kill 100 pit bulls with a 3 lb sledge before I hurt my family.

That's a good point. I've thought about this a little more and decided to change my vote. A dog is just an animal, and obviously treating your family good is more important than how you treat animals, even if you do treat them pretty badly.

Lots of people cheat.. doesnt make it right, but killing a helpless animal is horrid beyond belief

No doubt, but what would you rather do if you had to choose, ruin your marriage and make your kids look at you negatively, or be responsible for the terrible deaths of animals?

Yikes, that could be a tough choice. :ahhhhhhhh

Lots of people cheat.. doesnt make it right, but killing a helpless animal is horrid beyond belief

No doubt, but what would you rather do if you had to choose, ruin your marriage and make your kids look at you negatively, or be responsible for the terrible deaths of animals?

Yikes, that could be a tough choice. :ahhhhhhhh

Ruin my marriage.. because that doesnt end in death and torture.. neither is right.