Nebraska denies ESPN3/360 Spring Game Coverage?

zoogs

http://huskerextra.com/videos/#vmix_media_id=12763407

In the Sip/Christopherson video on Red-White Game recruiting, Sip mentions ESPN360 wanted to broadcast it online, but Bo wasn't interested.

Awww, what. I'm disappointed.

I read in another thread that broadcasting the spring game just offers opponents an extra piece of footage to use when it comes time to prepare to play us. I am of the opinion that this logic is foolish because the play-calling/scheming of the spring game is greatly subdued (I believe they call it vanilla). Oh well, doesn't matter to me because i have tickets!!! :koolaid2:

i think the game being as big as its gotten has already become a distraction for Bo in some sense.. i think sure its great for recruits but i think based on some stuff that bo is taking things super serious this year and perhaps views even espn360 as a bit of a distraction even for a SRPING GAME :laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

the guy is all business this year

For one, we're not North Carolina. We're Nebraska. We dont need to televise our practices for the sake of publicity (don't kid yourself, that's all it's for). I know a lot of top programs have their games televised, but i just dont understand the point. It's no different than NFL preseason games on tv or spring training baseball on tv. It's a practice. No ifs ands or buts, and frankly, i'm very glad our coaches dont want our "practice" on national tv or internet or whatever it is.

For one, we're not North Carolina. We're Nebraska. We dont need to televise our practices for the sake of publicity (don't kid yourself, that's all it's for). I know a lot of top programs have their games televised, but i just dont understand the point. It's no different than NFL preseason games on tv or spring training baseball on tv. It's a practice. No ifs ands or buts, and frankly, i'm very glad our coaches dont want our "practice" on national tv or internet or whatever it is.

I will take free publicity (or publicity where the university is paid, even) any day of the week, for any reason as long as it's positive. No high horses around here, you always take what you can get, unless you have reasons not to (I believe Bo does).

I will take free publicity (or publicity where the university is paid, even) any day of the week, for any reason as long as it's positive. No high horses around here, you always take what you can get, unless you have reasons not to (I believe Bo does).

Usually agree with Bo but not sure why he would not want to take the free NATIONAL publicity. Our place is going to be packed and it is going to be a great atmosphere to showcase NU football and the support of all the fans. I could not believe North Carolina on ESPN the other day for their lousy spring game. :wtf I mean that was a joke as it looked like a complete side of their stadium was empty! North Carolina? This is not basketball!

Bo said in a recent interview that this "game" was going to be really, really basic. There won't be much excitement or much to take from it, apparently. I'm guessing the bland game they're going to play wouldn't look much better than that boring North Carolina snoozefest, and Bo thinks that a snoozefest wouldn't make great pub for the team.

i would definitely watch if it was on ESPN III, but the great thing about our spring game is that it is an opportunity for the fans to come out and show their support. it is really about and for the fans that show up, that is what makes it special. it should not be made into anything more, and it might be better that it is not. it might lose some of its luster if people could view it at home, because it might make it less special for the fans who are actually in the stands. fans showing up for a spring game is what makes husker nation special.

it is just a take, it might be wrong, but i don't necessarily think not showing it on ESPN the third is a big deal. i mean it is just a spring game, and the only reason it is special is because of the gathering of the fans, not necessarily because of what is going on the field.

i would definitely watch if it was on ESPN III, but the great thing about our spring game is that it is an opportunity for the fans to come out and show their support. it is really about and for the fans that show up, that is what makes it special. it should not be made into anything more, and it might be better that it is not. it might lose some of its luster if people could view it at home, because it might make it less special for the fans who are actually in the stands. fans showing up for a spring game is what makes husker nation special.

it is just a take, it might be wrong, but i don't necessarily think not showing it on ESPN the third is a big deal. i mean it is just a spring game, and the only reason it is special is because of the gathering of the fans, not necessarily because of what is going on the field.

yeah, you guys are probably right. But I'm upset. It's been like four months, I need my Husker fix. They better put up some good highlights.

yeah, you guys are probably right. But I'm upset. It's been like four months, I need my Husker fix. They better put up some good highlights.

i hear that. refreshing the page on huskerboard just is not cutting it. i feel like an ex-smoker who has been wearing the same nicotine patch for a year.