Suh pledges 2.6 million donaton to UNL

One thing I'm disappointed about is the lack of coverage this story has on ESPN. Seeing as this is something that could greatly impact future top ranked draftees, I'm surprised that ESPN hasn't jumped on this at all.

Honestly, I don't see stories like this uncommon enough for media coverage.

on Yahoo main page in one of the their little tickers.

My link

VERY big hearted of Suh. Interesting timing though - it's money he doesn't exactly have yet :P

From the time the clock struck 00.00 at the holiday bowl Suh has confronted by potential agents to represent him. Big time player actaully get a bonus from there representing firm that the chose to be represented by. I'm not saying he has the money right now but come thursday he will be able to write the check from the guarenteed money in his contract.

Disclaimer: I am absolutely amazed at this gesture from Suh, and it shows he is a very morally sound and good person, and I have the utmost respect for the man.

The only thing that kind of disappoints me about this is what that money could have gone to. Sure, he could have kept the money, but it also could have done so much more in this world than improve a strength and conditioning program that is already one of the nation's best, and offer scholarship money or whatever it will be used for to the engineering department. Don't get me wrong, I think what he did is great, but thin of what $2,600,000 could do in this world that is ravaged by so many terrible things.

Sorry, that was off-topic.

Disclaimer: I am absolutely amazed at this gesture from Suh, and it shows he is a very morally sound and good person, and I have the utmost respect for the man.

The only thing that kind of disappoints me about this is what that money could have gone to. Sure, he could have kept the money, but it also could have done so much more in this world than improve a strength and conditioning program that is already one of the nation's best, and offer scholarship money or whatever it will be used for to the engineering department. Don't get me wrong, I think what he did is great, but thin of what $2,600,000 could do in this world that is ravaged by so many terrible things.

Like I said.

Reading some of the comments on various articles about this, people WILL really complain about anything.

Everyone's so quick to point out what other people should have done with their money.

So are you saying that people really will complain about anything (I don't think I had any complaints in my my post), or are you saying that people are quick to point out what people should do with their money (I didn't say that either)?

However you veiled it, yes and yes. Or, I suppose the alternative is you usually express disappointment in people who you feel did the right thing and I'm just not understanding you.

I think some poeple missed the point about the weight room money, He wants to better all the football players whenever they come in the future so they can be studs like him. therefor they will be able to give back like he did. All athlete at unl should be able to use it too, or is the weightroom football only?

To me it sounded like he gave the dopnations to the two things that changed him as a person the most.I think it's great.

cmon man, the guy donated it for personal reasons. yeah im sure that 2.6 million dollars could be used to help poor families etc. but the fact is that is not suhs responsibility. on top of all of that, i am sure that he will be doing plenty of charity work over his tenure in the nfl. just because someone has money to donate, it doesnt mean that they all have to donate it for the same cause.