Is T-Magic the future?

ADS

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know its only spring, but man he looked pretty good running that offense yester day. What I want your guys's opinion on is whether T-Magic is the key or is one of the younger QB's? Jamal Turner? Brion carnes? Cody Green?

Personally I think it will be battle between Taylor and Jamal.

Thoughts?

As of right now, the battle for next year's quarterback spot is between Lee, Green, and Martinez. Right now I'd have to give the realistic slight edge to Lee and Green because they both saw PT last year (Lee with the most, of course) and they both have the most experience with the playbook and the most experience using that playbook in real game situations.

I don't know much about Jamal Turner's capabilities, but he appears to be an ESPN 150 guy and a four star, so he must be showcasing some good things. He also has been receiving interest from Oklahoma. Carnes, I don't much about the kid so we'll have to wait and see. But, a guy that we had to fight WKU for kind of makes me wonder just what he brings to the table. Not to say that who a player gets recruited by designates how good they are, but he was a rather late addition that seemed to be one of those "he's available so lets just grab him" guys.

I think looking past this upcoming season, your realistic quarterback fight will be between Green and Martinez. Carnes will have an edge over Turner because he'll be here for fall camp, but Turner seems to have a lot of potential under his belt.

Just going off of past experiences and example, I don't think anybody other than Martinez or Green has a realistic shot at the 2011 starting job. I foresee a Jamal Turner redshirt unless injuries happen, because Green and Martinez will figure to be two very capable guys.

I know I left out Spano, but I just don't see the kid getting significant. I think injuries have sidelined his progression and we still don't know what he's fully capable of because he has yet to be 100% healthy.

As of right now, the battle for next year's quarterback spot is between Lee, Green, and Martinez. Right now I'd have to give the realistic slight edge to Lee and Green because they both saw PT last year (Lee with the most, of course) and they both have the most experience with the playbook and the most experience using that playbook in real game situations.

I don't know much about Jamal Turner's capabilities, but he appears to be an ESPN 150 guy and a four star, so he must be showcasing some good things. He also has been receiving interest from Oklahoma. Carnes, I don't much about the kid so we'll have to wait and see. But, a guy that we had to fight WKU for kind of makes me wonder just what he brings to the table. Not to say that who a player gets recruited by designates how good they are, but he was a rather late addition that seemed to be one of those "he's available so lets just grab him" guys.

I think looking past this upcoming season, your realistic quarterback fight will be between Green and Martinez. Carnes will have an edge over Turner because he'll be here for fall camp, but Turner seems to have a lot of potential under his belt.

Just going off of past experiences and example, I don't think anybody other than Martinez or Green has a realistic shot at the 2011 starting job. I foresee a Jamal Turner redshirt unless injuries happen, because Green and Martinez will figure to be two very capable guys.

I know I left out Spano, but I just don't see the kid getting significant. I think injuries have sidelined his progression and we still don't know what he's fully capable of because he has yet to be 100% healthy.

I really dont care much for Carnes, either. The whole recruiting thing kinda made wonder why kept going after this kid after visited and then committed WKU, then decided on NU all within about a week or 2.

Anybody that thinks Martinez or Green isnt gonna start in 2011 is dreaming. FWIW I really wanna see Spano can do when healthy hopefully he can see some action this fall in mop up duty. But I think unfortunately we have another Jordan Adams like injury plaque career and get lost in the shuffle.

It's impossible to say if T-Mart is the future at this point but I think he is a step in the right direction. Obviously the coaches want more than just a drop back passer. They want someone who can both pass and break down a defense with his legs. Martinez, Carnes, Turner, Green are all very similiar in this respect. I wish I could fast forward through all of the mistakes and just the whole learning curve in general to see who ends up being 'the guy'. Part of me wants this whole quarterbacks 'race' over with already.

As I mentioned in another thread, I thought Spano made better decisions, looked more comfortable, and was a better passer than Green or Martinez. Lee is clearly the starter (having only seen the others in a single practice, mind you) unless an injury occurs. If Spano is fully recovered by fall, I look for him to be the backup.

With Spano, the million dollar question is how he'll return mentally and physically from those two ACLs. Pros (Palmer and Brady) who were at the height of their game took their lumps recovering from knees shredded less badly (or at least just once).

I think we'll see Spano assert himself into the mix next year. Kid's only a sophomore now, right? He could even get a medical. Next year the race is wide wide open.

jamal = too small and i don't think will play QB. i know you have your Chase Daniels and Todd Reesings of the world but they dont come around often. i do think T-Mart has a great chance at being the starter someday because he just has the confident (maybe even cocky) swagger that a starting QB needs. IMO everyone looks past Brion Carnes. great runner and underrated passer.

jamal = too small and i don't think will play QB. i know you have your Chase Daniels and Todd Reesings of the world but they dont come around often. i do think T-Mart has a great chance at being the starter someday because he just has the confident (maybe even cocky) swagger that a starting QB needs. IMO everyone looks past Brion Carnes. great runner and underrated passer.

AGREE 100%! Brion Carnes will compete for QB in a couple years. Just watch his video's on youtube. You'll have an idea of the skill set he brings to the table. As for Turner, I haven't seen as much on him. Small or not, he'll play QB. Especially with the movement towards a heavy running game rather that pure passing.