If you could have one talent that was just for you

I've always wanted to be able to sing well. Not to make money or be famous, just for me. I like to sing, but I'm not good. It's not pretty, sometimes, but passable sometimes. My daughter likes it when I sing to her, especially on the hour drive home from grandma's house. If I could have just one talent that I was really, truly good at, that I would never make a buck on and would only just be for private purposes, it would be to be able to sing really well.

If you had just one talent that was really good, but you never made money on, what would it be?

Is flying considered a talent? No?

I would have to say I would really like to be able to play an instrument. I inherited a guitar when my Grandfather passed away, but I haven't taken the time to learn it yet. It'll probably be pretty hard because I'm sure that I'm tone deaf and my finger dexterity isn't great.

Is flying considered a talent? No?

I would have to say I would really like to be able to play an instrument. I inherited a guitar when my Grandfather passed away, but I haven't taken the time to learn it yet. It'll probably be pretty hard because I'm sure that I'm tone deaf and my finger dexterity isn't great.

Practice makes perfect, no matter what age you are.

I know my dad runs into issues with the guitar these days, because he's getting older and his joints/fingers just aren't as flexible as they once were. Plus, he really hasn't played that much over the last few years so that also hurt his dexterity.

Idk if you are a younger guy or an older guy, but either way I would suggest trying it. Go into a place like Russo's (very, very smart musicians there) and they can hook you up with a great starter book or you can take lessons for something like 10 or 15 bucks a week. I took lessons there for 6 months and it was a great investment. Hopefully you've got some callused fingers, otherwise it's going to be a little painful (especially if you are learning on the acoustic) for the first few weeks. But, I started learning when I was 12 and had wimpy little fingers lol.

Anyways, my talent would be to heal anything on anyone, kind of like those religious healers. I would love to be able to heal people just with a touch. Think about it, I could have fixed Zac Lee's arm. Or, I could repair a WR's torn knee ligament so he can continue his senior season. Or, I could save a family member from dying prematurely of a deadly disease.

I'm going to take a differant route. I wish I could pitch well as in major league baseball well. It is strictly for the money well a little because playing baseball for a living would be awesome.

Just think it would be nice to sign a 6 year 180 million dollar contract than retire at age 45? This 28k a year stuff and working until I'm 70 is starting to look pretty grim(and I'm only 27)

For those of you wanting to learn to play guitar, I'd like to recommend THIS. Don't let the name of the site fool you - whether you want to learn to "shred an axe" or play accoustic, this is an excellent system.

I'd like to sing - but combined with the ability to write songs as well. A wonderful way to express yourself. You can sometimes say things in song that you can't seem to say with a spoken word.