Four-game stretch

As we saw last year, just about anyone could beat the Huskers if they play like they did against ISU and they could be just about anyone if they play like they did against Arizona. Plenty to worry about, but plenty to enjoy as well. I look forward to another high energy, high effort season with another trend upwards and a shot at another conference championship.

In my opinion, the 3 main games that will be tough tests for Nebraska will be Texas, Mizzou and Tex A&M. I love throwing out percentages, so i'd say the Texas game is a 50/50 toss up at this point. As for Mizzou, I'd say your chances are around 65% that you will beat them, and and I'd give you a 70% edge against Texas A&M.

Overall I think Nebraska will finish 10-2. But wouldn't be surprised if they go 11-1. I don't see an undefeated season just yet. Tough to bring it week to week in the Big 12 and stay undefeated. I don't think anyone will pull that off this year in the Big 12.

I'm not worried about Texas because the football gods are due to bless the Huskers against the horns. It has to happen this time. Nothing weird or crazy is going to happen. My hopes will not be crushed in the last minute/quarter/drive this time. There's just no way anything but a win occurs. Or I'll cry. And drink. A lot. But that's not going to be necessary. Right...?

I'm not worried about Texas because the football gods are due to bless the Huskers against the horns. It has to happen this time. Nothing weird or crazy is going to happen. My hopes will not be crushed in the last minute/quarter/drive this time. There's just no way anything but a win occurs. Or I'll cry. And drink. A lot. But that's not going to be necessary. Right...?

I cried after they beat is in '06, the year of Nunns fumble. Of course it didnt help that I had been drinkin since 6am either.

Your right the football gods will be on our side this year, nothing freaky is gonna happen to let us lose that game.

i always look at the Okie State game and think that we are overlooking it. but the more i think about it, the more i realize that they really aren't going to be very good without Robinson, Hunter, and Dez

just watch their game against oklahoma last year...after that i couldn't believe they were even thought of as a big 12 dark horse

Okie State only scared me when BC was here. Him and his first 15 average plays only to watch him get killed after that. I remember Muschamp saying after the cotton bowl how he liked playing "those WCO guys, because after the first 15 plays it was easy to figure them out", no sh#t.

i always look at the Okie State game and think that we are overlooking it. but the more i think about it, the more i realize that they really aren't going to be very good without Robinson, Hunter, and Dez

I was looking at the Atlanta Journal Constitution's "way to early Top 25" predictions yesterday and found it interesting that they have an Okie State, 5 starters returning team ranked at 24 while A&M is nowhere to be seen. I personally think that Okie State is going to take a HUGE step back (they missed their chance last year) while A&M will be very formidable in the South.

By the way, if you want to laugh at some joke rankings, take a look at this:http://blogs.ajc.com/barnhart-college-football/2010/05/07/alabama-ohio-state-to-meet-for-bcs-title/ it almost seems like Barnhart was just throwing darts at teams after awhile.

Losing Suh is a major deal no matter what Bo says. I agree we have the ability to be better, but until we see them play without Suh there are questions. You do not lose the best defensive player in the last 20-30 years and not drop some. Player for player we are not as good as last year at this time is what I said. Still feel that way. But as stated, this team has improved yearly, take away the Iowa State game, but as stated those games seem to happen and things do not go as planned.

I never count a victory until the final second ticks off. Anyone thinking Texas, Missouri and A&M are push overs for us is wearing Husker glasses. Texas has had our number for quite awhile, will that change this year. They are the ones I really worry about, Mizzou and A&M a step down for sure.

I want to see consistency week to week. If we can play every week without a Texas Tech performance (flat) then i'll be satisfied. That washington game will be hell. Those kids are starting to believe and if our offense isn't clicking Locker has the ability to catch our newly rebuilt defense off guard without us being able to catchup. I hope to see a lot of growth from that game win or lose.

The mid 90's will never happen again. Teams are lucky to finish the season undefeated let alone blow teams out consistently and conference realignment will make that even more difficult.

Texas A&M's defense will take time to adjust to the new system so Locker and washington will be a good test to get us ready for another mobile qb in college station. There's also the reality that snyder has kstate overachieving again and I see them as the competition for the north not missouri. MU finds ways to lay eggs on the field.

Of course we can't forget the Texas game and playing OU in the conference title game so we have a challenging season ahead of us to make a BCS bowl. I imagine we'll end up top of the north losing to OU and playing in maybe the cotton bowl. Things could go crazy but anything less than that would be a step back for me unless of course we have an early season collapse and one of the young qb's starts to step up and we finish strong leaving hope for the future.

I want to see consistency week to week. If we can play every week without a Texas Tech performance (flat) then i'll be satisfied. That washington game will be hell. Those kids are starting to believe and if our offense isn't clicking Locker has the ability to catch our newly rebuilt defense off guard without us being able to catchup. I hope to see a lot of growth from that game win or lose.

The mid 90's will never happen again. Teams are lucky to finish the season undefeated let alone blow teams out consistently and conference realignment will make that even more difficult.

Texas A&M's defense will take time to adjust to the new system so Locker and washington will be a good test to get us ready for another mobile qb in college station. There's also the reality that snyder has kstate overachieving again and I see them as the competition for the north not missouri. MU finds ways to lay eggs on the field.

Of course we can't forget the Texas game and playing OU in the conference title game so we have a challenging season ahead of us to make a BCS bowl. I imagine we'll end up top of the north losing to OU and playing in maybe the cotton bowl. Things could go crazy but anything less than that would be a step back for me unless of course we have an early season collapse and one of the young qb's starts to step up and we finish strong leaving hope for the future.

The biggest thing i wanna see is Nebraska getting over the that mid october slump. It seems bo has no problem getting this team ready for BIG games. The games that really concern me are the Idaho, A&M, and Kstate. Idaho has a pretty decent offense and will be first test for the defense without SUH. Their offense can get down the field in a hurry, much like TTech. The defense is not very good, but our offense isnt exactly lighting up the scoreboard. A&M just seems like it could be a trap game, the fact its late in the season and last year during the November stretch, I thought our defense look tired. If our offense has improved then Im not to worried about it. No doubt Snyder will have his boys ready for that Thursday Night game. We've all seen some upsets on those Thursday Night games. Snyder I thought manage to overachieve last year, especially late in the season. Beating Nebraska will be HUGE for Kstate and Snyder, it could propel their season.

You're right. The reasons why there no longer are dynasties in college football have been pretty much established. It's just too bad that a lot of ADs feel that it's necessary to pad their schedules with cupcakes (look at Florida's OOC schedule last year, ugh). And as for Locker, you will probably won't see an athlete like him at the qb spot for a very long time. If the Huskies had even mediocre coaching during the the first two years of his career, he'd be a Heisman frontrunner rather than a darkhorse.