The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

Beat Contra III and Goof Troop on SNES with a buddy yesterday. I always wanted one of these as a kid but never got one. Fapfapfapfapfap....

Just bought a Retron3 myself on Amazon. Will see if it's functions right, but if it does work well I'll be able to play NES, SNES, and. Genesis games. If something is wrong I'll just send it back.

Actually interested in one of those myself for my NES and SNES games...plus, these machines have SD card slots for save games if your batteries die in the cartridge...

I'll let you know how it goes. Apparently there's some slight video and specifically audio (sometimes different pitch/volume than original machines) but seeing as how I never owned a real SNES or Genesis, I figured I won't notice the little details.

That and some of the clone companies don't have the best quality control so it's not unheard of to get a unit with a dysfunctional controller port, cartridge slot, etc. Sucks but it's just a part of the game.

Saving to an SD card is a heck of a lot easier than opening up the game and replacing the battery. At least for someone as clueless to that as me... :lol:

My kid started playing, and some fellow nerds I've stumbled across are playing, I got the recruit a friend thing going, so in a few weeks, we'll be able to do 10 mans...

Trust me my friend, I'm not enthused by the prospect in the least...

Even less enthused by the fact that I've missed it...

I think I've kinda hit the proverbial MMO jackpot for the time being. A small guild that is raiding more for the fun of it, than letting it become what drives the guild. 3 of the guild grouped with me to auto queue for some lower level 5 mans...

That's what I always liked most about MMO's and its what I have not been able to full recapture after leaving EQ1.

• 2 weeks later...