How many recruits/current players do we lose when we go to the Big 10?

Sorry if this has been posted already. But if we do go to the Big 11 how many of our players and recruits will be dis-heartened with playing in a new conference and bolt?

I have alot of trepidation with a move to the Big 11. Has there been any interviews with recruits or current players concerning a potential move?

One thing I can think of is like the OP said current players leaving. If say a player is from Texas are they gonna want to play in a conference where they will no longer have the chance of playing in their home state in front of family? I wish this wouldn't be an issue but it could.

One thing I can think of is like the OP said current players leaving. If say a player is from Texas are they gonna want to play in a conference where they will no longer have the chance of playing in their home state in front of family? I wish this wouldn't be an issue but it could.

Sure they may want to play in their home state, but they will be on TV for every game. If those players want to play on the next level, TV exposure is a definite plus.

Sure they may want to play in their home state, but they will be on TV for every game. If those players want to play on the next level, TV exposure is a definite plus.

very good point Sarge, I will say though that family is important to alot of people, players get homesick, like to play close to home

I think the likelihood that we lose any recruits is minute, and I think the likelihood that we lose any current players even smaller. Players are coming here for the coaches and the environment. That's not going to change because we're playing Michigan instead of Texas.

These are our current verbals from 2011.

Ryne Reeves - Nebraska native, so he'll stay.

Tyler Moore - Florida native, but originally had Penn St. and Ohio St. in his Top 5 schools before choosing Nebraska. Plus he's a legacy recruit so he'll stay.

Jamal Turner - Texas native. This kid loves Nebraska, period. All he seems to talk about is winning championships with Nebraska. I'd be shocked if he didn't end up signing his LOI wih NU.

Dylan Admire - Kansas native. His immediate family is within driving distance to make home game trips. Plus he has family that lives in Lincoln. Pretty sure he'll stay.

Ryan Klachko - Illinois native. A move to the Big Ten works in our favor with this kid.

Kevin Williams - Ohio native. Another Big Ten prospect, so it'd work in our favor.

Aaryn Bouzos - California native. Historically speaking, players who come from Cali to play at Nebraska don't care what conference we're in. They just want to play and win.

I just don't see any current players leaving if we were to change cons. They'd lose a year of eligibility, a big price to pay over one or possibly two games in Texas per year.

As was earlier noted the only Texas currently in the is Turner and he is psyched as hell about Neb. Whether it could affect the the recruitment of Green I don't know.

I do think recruiting in Texas would be affected if we jump but we should be able to really hit the Big10 states, especially Ohio. Plus, with us on national tv more we'd get some nice exposure coast-to-coast.

there might be 1 or 2 that might jet out of the recruiting class...but the ones we have now..don,t seem that would happen, being most of em are out of state.

i was hoping nebraska would join the pac 10, and not the big 10...cannot stand the big 10, even if nu joins it,,,,,just don,t like the teams in it

How much worse was Nebraska recruiting before the Big XII when there was no conference title game and the conference only included 6 states? Still got guys from Florida, still got guys from Texas, still got guys from everywhere.

Don't get me wrong, I'm concerned about the recruiting a little bit, but I think that Nebraska is such a national brand that the guys will keep coming as long as the staff keeps going after them...and the Huskers keep winning.

• Fire 1

I'm only concerned that there could be some issues during the period where there is speculation about the conference we will be in. The sooner something is decided the better off we will be. It is not so much whether a kid may care if we are in the Big 12 or Big 10, it is just the state of limbo we are in. "Come play for us at Nebraska, we'll let you know what conference we're in later." Maybe not a huge deal, but a little freaky nonetheless. Other schools could try to use it against us. "They may end up without a conference to play in." On the flip side, if we depart, along with Missouri, it may be nice to go into Iowa and Kansas only going up against the MAC or Conference USA teams to get recruits. :espnsucks:

The only problem I see and I doubt it would affect this class is academic requirements. I think they are considerably higher in the Big 10.

I wonder if there will be a grandfather clause that will need to be worked out for current players not meeting those standards.

I would assume we will start to recruit with those guidelines in affect.

Players leaving is very little to worry about. They would only leave if they were already unhappy is my guess.

The opportunity to play, Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa and possbily Notre Dame should be very exciting for most.

I see no problems on this at all.