SIGNED CB Charles Jackson

CB Charles Jackson, 5-10, 175, 4.36 seconds in the 40-yard dash, of Spring (Texas) Klein Collins said he’s committed to Nebraska but is keeping his options open and is looking at Arkansas and some Texas schools. Jackson, who played in the U.S. Army All American game on Saturday, roomed with Hog commitment Tevin Mitchel during the week of the game. He said Mitchel recruited him while they were in San Antonio.

http://recruiting.arpreps.com/2011/01/11/a-few-tidbits-for-tuesday/

Did you offer his mom a job too?

You know it buddy. :facepalm:

What was that? Terrelle Pryor (projected TE at the next level according to Kiper Jr.) just threw yet another TD pass through Arkansas's horrible secondary.

Oh look, Washington just ran for another 270 yards against the "vaunted" Nebraska Defense.

Ryan Mallet is gone, how is bottom feeding in the SEC?

From today's Arkansas Democrat Gazette (I know this breaks our own rules, but the site is open to subscribers of the paper only - or a case of "Do as I say, not as I do...")

CONSIDERING OPTIONS

Highly-touted cornerback Charles Jackson is still eyeing Arkansas despite committing to Nebraska in early November.

"I'm committed to Nebraska, but I'm still also keeping my options open," said Jackson, who made an official visit to Arkansas on Sept. 25-26 for the Alabama game. "Anything can happen."

Jackson, 5-10, 175, 4.36, of Spring (Texas') Klein Collins played in the U.S. Army All American Game in San Antonio on Saturday. He and cornerback Tevin Mitchel, a Razorbacks commitment, were roommates during the week of the game.

"He was saying Arkansas was the place to be and rubbing it in my face," Jackson said, laughing.

National recruiting analyst Tom Lemming, who provided color commentary for Saturdays NBC telecast, liked what he saw of Jackson in the game.

"He played very well," Lemming said. "He's not afraid to stick his nose in the action. I was impressed with him all week long. He was one of the last guys added to the team, but he was one of the better players in the game."

Arkansas offensive line coach Chris Klenakis hasn't stopped recruiting Jackson, who said he receives more mail from Arkansas than any other school. Jackson has learned to love the veteran coachs fiery attitude.

"He's the guy that gets you hyped,"Jackson said. "I like that hes really enthusiastic. He's energetic, and he gets you going. If you're not a morning guy, he'll make you a morning guy. He'll get you pumped up and ready to go at any moment."

From today's Arkansas Democrat Gazette (I know this breaks our own rules, but the site is open to subscribers of the paper only - or a case of "Do as I say, not as I do...")

CONSIDERING OPTIONS

Highly-touted cornerback Charles Jackson is still eyeing Arkansas despite committing to Nebraska in early November.

"I'm committed to Nebraska, but I'm still also keeping my options open," said Jackson, who made an official visit to Arkansas on Sept. 25-26 for the Alabama game. "Anything can happen."

Jackson, 5-10, 175, 4.36, of Spring (Texas') Klein Collins played in the U.S. Army All American Game in San Antonio on Saturday. He and cornerback Tevin Mitchel, a Razorbacks commitment, were roommates during the week of the game.

"He was saying Arkansas was the place to be and rubbing it in my face," Jackson said, laughing.

National recruiting analyst Tom Lemming, who provided color commentary for Saturday’s NBC telecast, liked what he saw of Jackson in the game.

"He played very well,"” Lemming said. “"He's not afraid to stick his nose in the action. I was impressed with him all week long. He was one of the last guys added to the team, but he was one of the better players in the game."”

Arkansas offensive line coach Chris Klenakis hasn't stopped recruiting Jackson, who said he receives more mail from Arkansas than any other school. Jackson has learned to love the veteran coach’s fiery attitude.

"He's the guy that gets you hyped,"”Jackson said. “"I like that he’s really enthusiastic. He's energetic, and he gets you going. If you're not a morning guy, he'll make you a morning guy. He'll get you pumped up and ready to go at any moment."

As long as you're representing the site pro bono. ;)

CONSIDERING OPTIONS

National recruiting analyst Tom Lemming, who provided color commentary for Saturday’s NBC telecast, liked what he saw of Jackson in the game.

"He played very well,"” Lemming said. “"He's not afraid to stick his nose in the action. I was impressed with him all week long. He was one of the last guys added to the team, but he was one of the better players in the game."”

Arkansas offensive line coach Chris Klenakis hasn't stopped recruiting Jackson, who said he receives more mail from Arkansas than any other school. Jackson has learned to love the veteran coach’s fiery attitude.

"He's the guy that gets you hyped,"”Jackson said. “"I like that he’s really enthusiastic. He's energetic, and he gets you going. If you're not a morning guy, he'll make you a morning guy. He'll get you pumped up and ready to go at any moment."

Old info, new article.

I bet ya that if he wasn't committed to Nebraska, he would've gotten that fifth star.

He's a CB, not a WR - I think a committment to Nebraska says a lot about defensive backs (and defensive players in general).

Think about it this way - if Rivals is trying be more accurate with projected success at the collegiate level...would you give Jackson a 5th star if he's going to Nebraksa, or a 5th star if he's going to some place like Northwestern? Same player, same skills - but he has a MUCH higher chance of being successful at Nebraska and therefore helps make Rivals look more accurate.

Now, a 5 star WR that goes to Nebraska is going to make Rivals look like a bunch of idiots because he won't be able to catch, score TD's, etc. I'm not sure it entirely works this way - but considering the "star-haters" always go back and say "this 5 star stunk it up, while this 2 star was an All-American" - I'd have to think Rivals does take into consideration the school for no other reason than to protect/improve their reputation. (sometimes it helps us, sometimes it hurts us)