The Texas Plan to blame the skers appears successful

If you guys want a look at real Texas arrogance, check out this article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncb/columns/story?columnist=reeves_jim&id=5263837

Please check this out. Just the title made me laugh. I didn't even finish reading it. Kind of made me sick to my stomach. I am so sick of Texas. After last year and everything that happened, I cannot wait for 10/16 to roll around. :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

Sheer unbridled arrogance. And this is where it actually ended Texas.

Edit: Here's a list of gems

The University of Texas will win, of course. Texas always wins, because it carries the power: the power of big, big money.

That wasn't a threat, mind you; just a promise, because there's no getting around the fact that the biggest gorilla in the room in this business is Texas/Longhorn Nation. They are what this is all about, because everybody -- the Big Ten, the Pac-10, the SEC -- all want Texas.

Let's face it: Without Texas, there is no Big 12. It's by far the biggest fish in the pond

if the Cornhuskers and Tigers pick up their skirts and flee, Texas will conclude that the Big 12 isn't worth saving

bring in Arkansas and TCU, and the conference won't even miss a beat

(the longhorns) are the straw that stirs this volatile collegiate cocktail

Far less likely is any alliance between Texas and the SEC for several reasons, the primary one being the disparity in how that conference looks at academics compared to the current Big 12, the Pac-10 or the Big Ten. Also, Texas would face a much tougher competitive road in a league that includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia and LSU

If Texas wants the Big 12 to survive, with or without Nebraska, then it will survive and even flourish. That's how strong the Longhorns are in collegiate athletics. They can make this happen any way they want it to happen

I've been at work for roughly four hours and already 5 people have seen my huskers shirt and made a comment about Nebraska being at fault for the fall of the big 12. The comments have thus far been friendly and just expressing an opinion but, it is frustrating that so many people are uninformed.

KSHB (KC TV) has a poll on who to blame: #1 with a bullet (44%) is Big 12 Commissioners, NU is a distance 5th at 4%

KSHB

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncb/columns/story?columnist=reeves_jim&id=5263837

Please check this out. Just the title made me laugh. I didn't even finish reading it. Kind of made me sick to my stomach. I am so sick of Texas. After last year and everything that happened, I cannot wait for 10/16 to roll around. :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

that article is insane. NU and Mizzou could be replaced with Arkansas and TCU and the Big XII would miss a beat? ouch, then why do they care if we leave and why did they give us an ultimatum?

There is no way that Arkansas would come to the Big 12 and deal with Texas like they had to go through with the whole mess in the SWC and plus Arkansas is in one of the toughest conferences in the Nation.....this guy is clown and thinks that everybody is going to bow to Texas :lol:

I'd love to see Texas try to go independent or something and then every school in the country makes a pact to f#ck them over in every way possible. I'm not sure how but I'm open to ideas and making copies for the petitions.

I'd love to see Texas try to go independent or something and then every school in the country makes a pact to f#ck them over in every way possible. I'm not sure how but I'm open to ideas and making copies for the petitions.

Uh, no.

Texas knows how to make money. That's not it.

(Petitions? To make Texas an independent? :wtf )

Uh, no.

being the biggest school in one of the biggest states, i don't think that comes from knowledge or skill.

Uh, no.

being the biggest school in one of the biggest states, i don't think that comes from knowledge or skill.

Don't question Texas!

They'll find another way to blame us for their arrogance.

they are just mad because there are, for the first time, being forced to follow, rather than forcing others to follow. they don't like not having complete control and when other schools do not do as they wish.

also, i think this will be great motivation for the Huskers to finish the last two seasons in the big 12 strong. hopefully we close out with 2 conference championships.

also, wasn't texas' names one of the first floated, along with mizzou, to bolt for the big 10? i think that is what got me in the hizzy. i just thought NU had to bolt before they were left on a sinking ship; and i imagine the powers the be at NU thought the same thing. it is funny how texas always does, and only does what's in its best interests, but when anyone else does, they are villains.

Yeah I heard the same tripe on ESPNU last night. Those people don't know jack. I'm glad Texas is suffering. If they would've given in to the concessions that Osborne asked for in the first place when we allowed them to come to the Big 8 then none of this would've happened. 10/16 can't come soon enough for me!