buyer's remorse

i am sure i am in the minority but is anyone else sick that the big 12 is holding together and we are not there. i realize that we will probably make more money in the big 10 and all that but 100 years of tradition playing kansas, kstate, missouri, oklahoma, etc...gone!

As it has been pointed out to me by some others on the huskerboard, us kansas city husker fans are not important but this move and the big 12 holding together has just made our lives hell.

We basically lost our tradition when we let Texas into the conference and gave up the Oklahoma game. To stay in this conference and let Texas dictate the terms is to have no self-respect. Look how pathetic the other schools look. Do you want Nebraska to look like that? Texas gets even more power than they had before AND a larger share of the money. Besides that, they get to "SAVE" the Big 12. This has been nothing but a power play to force Nebraska's hand and solidify their position as ruler of the conference. When the facts start dribbling out, you'll see that Texas played the Pac 10 like a fiddle. It was a power grab that was masterfully played.

Im a die hard Sooner fan. The biggest mistake that Larry Scott and the Pac 10 made was that he didn't offer Tech,Okie State or Kansas first to assure that the Big 12 died. I need to go puke now.

Gotta disagree. Larry's biggest mistake was not giving Texas the OK for BevoTV.

For those regretting leaving the Big 12. wtf? did they just suddenly become stable? You think Mizzou isn't going to leave the first (legitimate) chance they get? KU/KSU/ISU would all leave if they had the means. We had the means and we took advantage of it. Even A&M thought long and hard about getting out.

All the in-fighting that broiled to the surface and suddenly now their all buddies?! :blink:

Its still a highly dysfunctional marriage of convenience. Why would the Huskers want to remain in that situation?

Let the other serfs stay behind in the Texas fiefdom.

• Fire 2

i am sure i am in the minority but is anyone else sick that the big 12 is holding together and we are not there. i realize that we will probably make more money in the big 10 and all that but 100 years of tradition playing kansas, kstate, missouri, oklahoma, etc...gone!

As it has been pointed out to me by some others on the huskerboard, us kansas city husker fans are not important but this move and the big 12 holding together has just made our lives hell.

We basically lost our tradition when we let Texas into the conference and gave up the Oklahoma game. To stay in this conference and let Texas dictate the terms is to have no self-respect. Look how pathetic the other schools look. Do you want Nebraska to look like that? Texas gets even more power than they had before AND a larger share of the money. Besides that, they get to "SAVE" the Big 12. This has been nothing but a power play to force Nebraska's hand and solidify their position as ruler of the conference. When the facts start dribbling out, you'll see that Texas played the Pac 10 like a fiddle. It was a power grab that was masterfully played.

Im a die hard Sooner fan. The biggest mistake that Larry Scott and the Pac 10 made was that he didn't offer Tech,Okie State or Kansas first to assure that the Big 12 died. I need to go puke now.

Gotta disagree. Larry's biggest mistake was not giving Texas the OK for BevoTV.

For those regretting leaving the Big 12. wtf? did they just suddenly become stable? You think Mizzou isn't going to leave the first (legitimate) chance they get? KU/KSU/ISU would all leave if they had the means. We had the means and we took advantage of it. Even A&M thought long and hard about getting out.

All the in-fighting that broiled to the surface and suddenly now their all buddies?! :blink:

Its still a highly dysfunctional marriage of convenience. Why would the Huskers want to remain in that situation?

Let the other serfs stay behind in the Texas fiefdom.

+1

If MU bitched about being TU's bitch before,getting disrespected by the bowls, etc. its just gone up a few notches(for all but TU and OU).

this is going to be a fun basketball conference to watch, but I think its gonna be the reverese big 8 where it was NU and OU who had everyones number. now its TU and MU. The North will have a hard time staying competitive. and TU is gonna call all the shots. the headlines say it all. TU saves the Big 12. TU will anounce "they are keeping the Big 12 together. TU this. TU that. its the Big Texas conference and everyone knows it. TU will probably outearn the rest of the schools by 15-25M a year with their Network and payout. good luck recruiting to Manhattan, Lawrence with that going on. they'll be able to bulldoze their facilites every three years and start over.

Additional There is no trust in this conference, TU is the pretty girl thats sets all the rules and has you home on friday night while she's out on a date.MU/KU/KSU/ISU would cheat given the slightest of chance and go to the Big 10 tonight.long term it won't work.

Sad to miss the Big 12 games and easy travel to games, but NU is in a better place. but its gonna take some getting used to.

Absolutely not.

#1 Texas is still in charge, and without Nebraska the remaining 9 are going to get even more screwed.

#2 Even if the estimations for the new B12 contact end up being accurate (highly doubtful) Texas will still get way more than the other teams AND their own network as well.

#3 As soon as Texas realizes that their Network isn't going to actually bring in what they thought it would (it won't) and that without the CCG they become the ones left out if the Pac 12/Big Ten champ is undefeated they will do exactly what they did this past few months all over again.

#4. Even IF (big IF) the Big 12 contract talk is true, if we were in the Big 12 we'd only be getting 17M a year out of it at best. We'll get $5M more than that in the Big 10 after we pay our way into the conference RIGHT NOW.. and that's without a CCG or the additional revenue added when you actually factor Nebraska into the equation.

#5 The Big 12 is still completely unstable and I doubt it lasts 10 years as is. What happens if the Big 10 decides to expand and grab Missouri and Rutgers in an attempt to bring Notre Dame in after they do their 18 month process? What happens if the Pac 10 expands (they have to with 11 right now) and ends up with a better TV deal than The Big 12? Is the Big 12 going to be happy being the smallest TV deal yet again? What happens if even after all of this Texas A$M still decides to go to the SEC? Too many questions right now, the Big 10 is FAR more stable than the Big 12 has ever or ever will hope to be.

• Fire 1

Personally I hate to leave the Big12 because I don't think the Big10 plays football at the same level as the Big12. It seems like whenever the Big10 plays in a BCS game they don't play well (correct me if wrong). I think that Big10 football is the most boring brand....I hate watching it. I realize that monetarily it is the best move for the program, but i still hate to leave. I will also miss all of the traditional rivalries we have in the Big12. Another thing i will miss is being the underdog every time we played the powerhouses of the south, it makes victory that much sweeter. Finally, I really think it hurts recruiting in Texas. There is talent in Big10 recruiting land, but nothing like that of Texas.

You must not check your' statistics cause the Big 12 has been miserable in BCS games. Look no further than Oklahoma's 2-5 record and that's the conferences second best team. Texas has held the fort down for the conference in BCS games with a 3-1 record. I'd say a 10-11 record is better than a 7-10 record. And besides the Big Ten by far gets the worst matchups when it comes to the bowl games cause for the past decade you most likely were playing USC "AT" the Coliseum(home field without a doubt) or some SEC team in their' territory. I'd like to see the Big 12 do that and come out with the record the Big Ten's had. You'll see when the new Big Ten starts and you'll realize everything we have. And you say you hate the brand of football the Big Ten plays...then you must not be a real Nebraska fan cause Nebraska plays the EXACT brand of football that teams in the Big Ten play. As for recruiting, the usual top teams in the nation for high school football recruiting are Texas, California, Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. 2 teams in the annual top 5 isn't nothing to just brush off like it's some non deal

• Fire 1

if those boys are smart, they'll take their miracle windfall (if it ever materializes) and hire some new leadership and start looking for stable homes. the big12 is nothing but a ticking time bomb.

As for me, i'd much rather watch any big10 game than texas tech. watching leach's offense was like having my eyeballs raped.

The only thing that aggitates me is that now Texass/ou have a walk in the park to the NT game...

Not really. They will lose their conference championship game unless the Big XII picks up two more teams. And the conference will be viewed as weaker overall. Unless they are only undefeated team in college football (or only one loss team, etc), they will actually have a harder time playing for the national title.

The only thing that aggitates me is that now Texass/ou have a walk in the park to the NT game...

:yeah

Glad we moved on, but it will be harder to get to a BCS game let alone the NC game. Its not just about football, that the powers that be were considering. This is a big boost to the University over all.

GBR!!!

I can't believe nobody addressed this! godd2, that statement couldn't be further from the truth! If you're wearing Husker Red you matter to this team. You are no different from me, a guy sitting a few hundred yards from Memorial Stadium right now. You are no less a Husker Fan because you live outside the state, just like those of us who live in Lincoln aren't somehow "more Husker than thou."

Let's be real about Nebraska, and Lincoln in particular. There aren't a lot of great jobs here. There isn't a lot to do in this state. The weather is too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter, and the streets are in a constant state of disrepair because of it. Add on to that a small population/huge state, and you have high taxes just to pay for basic necessities. OF COURSE people move out of this state, but they keep their Husker fandom alive when they leave, and they are every bit as much a fan as anyone else, regardless of location.

Dude, don't for a second believe that you are not important. I can guarantee you that the folks running the show in the Athletic Department love you out-staters very, very much. You are the people who fill stadiums across the country with Red, you are the people who represent Husker Nation from Maine to Montana, California to Kentucky.

I just can't tell you enough how much you out-of-state folks matter to this program.

• Fire 3

Just be thankful we got out of the Texas Conference while we still had a great place to go. The Big 10 provides stability and is great for Nebraska both academically and athletically.

The Big 10 will be around for decades and decades to come. The Big 12 will be lucky to survive a few more years.

I can't believe nobody addressed this! godd2, that statement couldn't be further from the truth! If you're wearing Husker Red you matter to this team. You are no different from me, a guy sitting a few hundred yards from Memorial Stadium right now. You are no less a Husker Fan because you live outside the state, just like those of us who live in Lincoln aren't somehow "more Husker than thou."

Let's be real about Nebraska, and Lincoln in particular. There aren't a lot of great jobs here. There isn't a lot to do in this state. The weather is too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter, and the streets are in a constant state of disrepair because of it. Add on to that a small population/huge state, and you have high taxes just to pay for basic necessities. OF COURSE people move out of this state, but they keep their Husker fandom alive when they leave, and they are every bit as much a fan as anyone else, regardless of location.

Dude, don't for a second believe that you are not important. I can guarantee you that the folks running the show in the Athletic Department love you out-staters very, very much. You are the people who fill stadiums across the country with Red, you are the people who represent Husker Nation from Maine to Montana, California to Kentucky.

I just can't tell you enough how much you out-of-state folks matter to this program.

+1

I couldn't agree with you more. I love the fact that our team is supported all over the nation. When I watch the games on tv I like looking at the banners we have hanging up around saying fans from Cali, Kentucky and all of them. When I joined the military one of the first things I packed every time I moved was my husker gear some of it even went to Iraq with me. Anyone that tells you your not a true fan because you don't live near Lincoln is full of sh*t.

Personally I hate to leave the Big12 because I don't think the Big10 plays football at the same level as the Big12. It seems like whenever the Big10 plays in a BCS game they don't play well (correct me if wrong). I think that Big10 football is the most boring brand....I hate watching it. I realize that monetarily it is the best move for the program, but i still hate to leave. I will also miss all of the traditional rivalries we have in the Big12. Another thing i will miss is being the underdog every time we played the powerhouses of the south, it makes victory that much sweeter. Finally, I really think it hurts recruiting in Texas. There is talent in Big10 recruiting land, but nothing like that of Texas.

You must not check your' statistics cause the Big 12 has been miserable in BCS games. Look no further than Oklahoma's 2-5 record and that's the conferences second best team. Texas has held the fort down for the conference in BCS games with a 3-1 record. I'd say a 10-11 record is better than a 7-10 record. And besides the Big Ten by far gets the worst matchups when it comes to the bowl games cause for the past decade you most likely were playing USC "AT" the Coliseum(home field without a doubt) or some SEC team in their' territory. I'd like to see the Big 12 do that and come out with the record the Big Ten's had. You'll see when the new Big Ten starts and you'll realize everything we have. And you say you hate the brand of football the Big Ten plays...then you must not be a real Nebraska fan cause Nebraska plays the EXACT brand of football that teams in the Big Ten play. As for recruiting, the usual top teams in the nation for high school football recruiting are Texas, California, Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. 2 teams in the annual top 5 isn't nothing to just brush off like it's some non deal

I agree with you OhiozFinezt. Good points all around.

(You don't have to tell NU fans about playing bowl games that are home games for your opponent . . . we played Miami in the Orange Bowl for what seemed like a decade.)

I agree with you OhiozFinezt. Good points all around.

(You don't have to tell NU fans about playing bowl games that are home games for your opponent . . . we played Miami in the Orange Bowl for what seemed like a decade.)

Yeah seriously it's a total disadvantage Carlfense. Miami had it MADE in the late 80's to the early 2000's. They were always in the Orange Bowl and homers like Colin Cowherd wanna make you believe there's no homefield advantage in these games. Well that simply isn't true. It's a short travel for the teams, friends/family, as well as students. Rose Bowl with USC, Orange Bowl with Miami, and Sugar Bowl with any of the top 3 SEC teams were all big homefield advantages for years