According to Denver Post, UT tried to "pull a fast one" on Pac-10 deal

Nexus

Wait, did I see the word "months" in there??? I pledge allegiance??

Hello Kansas, Kansas St, Iowa St, Missouri, Oklahoma and Oklahoma St

WAKE UP

I not sure we had all the card, I know OSU didn't, and ISU and KSU DEFINITELY had no cards to play. Wake up and what? The TV money for even place like Iowa State will likely more than double. I am not sure they are getting screwed, to be honest. THe fact is that Texas brings the most eyeballs. They make these little schools a lot more than they would get on their own, without Texas. I am not saying this makes Texas great, or generous, but ISU and Texas are far from being weighed in even. Actually, ISU is taking more than it's share given what they pring to the party, as is KSU and Baylor.... SO I doubt they gonna complain.

Jayhawk, I hope your money does increase, but I'd like to know where that increase is coming from. You now have a conference without the eyeballs across the country that Nebraska brings, and you've lost the Denver market. How does this equate to more money?

I really hope it works out for you and Missouri and ISU and KSU, because I recognize you're in a tough position. But I wouldn't trust the numbers coming out of Texas one little tiny bit.

• Fire 1

I tip my hat to Larry Scott and the Pac-10 for sticking to their principles.

"They want a better revenue sharing deal and their own network. Those were points of principle. (The Pac-10) wants to treat everyone fairly. It's been that way for months of discussions."

LINK

This just proves even more that Texas just cares about Texas and nobody in their conference. Texas ignorance will cost them a chance at joining any other conference like the Pac 10 and Big 10 because those conferences treat all their teams fairly when it comes to money

WAKE UP

I not sure we had all the card, I know OSU didn't, and ISU and KSU DEFINITELY had no cards to play. Wake up and what? The TV money for even place like Iowa State will likely more than double. I am not sure they are getting screwed, to be honest. THe fact is that Texas brings the most eyeballs. They make these little schools a lot more than they would get on their own, without Texas. I am not saying this makes Texas great, or generous, but ISU and Texas are far from being weighed in even. Actually, ISU is taking more than it's share given what they pring to the party, as is KSU and Baylor.... SO I doubt they gonna complain.

You should have a voice though. Like TU controls the south vote, the north really has to band together on important issues (such as revenue!). Now would be the perfect time to throw out an ultimatum towards the south.

ok...hold up...how do we get to 17-20 mill per team...last year it was like 10 mill per team average...they get 2 mill a piece from nebraska and colorado...then the texas network will bring in an extra 1-2 for each team(supposedly...but if they don't share the money like someone said)...that brings us to a grand total of...

anyone good at math...cuz i am just an engineer...so what does that equal???

a whopping 14 mill :facepalm: ...for one year...then they go back down to 12 mil per team cuz the neb-colorado thing is a one time deal...

texas is pulling more crap out of their asses and nobody else can see it...good luck to the rest of the big 12...your getting it up the rear and your happy about it

:laughpound

WAKE UP

As long as Texas doesn't decide to rob you. You'll get the percentage they agree to, but if they decide to only payout a certain amount less, then you get less. And unfortunately, as I've read in a number of article UT will control the network and the disbursement. After all they own it, they can agree to pay whatever they want for your TV rights. What are you going to do, say no? Think the conference office will protect you? UT will have absolute control, which means you're at the mercy of their generosity...which is one of the big reasons WE left. We want to control our own destiny. Every other school in the big twelve better start their own networks now and make UT pay big to put your teams on theirs. If you don't you might as well drop back to the FCS because 10 years from now you just wont matter in anything.

If you apt to settle for what you get, you eventually won't get anything. Quit rolling over.

• Fire 1

WAKE UP

As long as Texas doesn't decide to rob you. You'll get the percentage they agree to, but if they decide to only payout a certain amount less, then you get less. And unfortunately, as I've read in a number of article UT will control the network and the disbursement. After all they own it, they can agree to pay whatever they want for your TV rights. What are you going to do, say no? Think the conference office will protect you? UT will have absolute control, which means you're at the mercy of their generosity...which is one of the big reasons WE left. We want to control our own destiny. Every other school in the big twelve better start their own networks now and make UT pay big to put your teams on theirs. If you don't you might as well drop back to the FCS because 10 years from now you just wont matter in anything.

If you apt to settle for what you get, you eventually won't get anything. Quit rolling over.

What the local radio here in KC was saying was that they believe FOX is trying to cut into ESPN by making huge deals with the pac 10 and big10 since they have the money to burn...I wonder if FOX didn't contact Beebe because they saw the opportunity and Beebe just caught a huge break.