WR Dorial Green-Beckham

Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Springfield (Mo): Oklahoma

Ultimately, Green-Beckham, the nation’s No. 2 overall prospect, is open at this point. The reason the Sooners are the guess is that they are close to home and have been after the 6-foot-6 pass catcher for some time. Alabama, Notre Dame, Missouri, Arkansas, Florida and others are schools to watch out for.

LINK

• 1 month later...

There's way too much competition to get Green-Beckham right now. He looks concentrated on SEC teams, hope we can offer him more so he will commit to nebraska.

This means that it's a sweepstakes race ... and we lose. Being a Missouri boy for many years, surprised that Mizzou never gets a mention for this kid with the past few years with above average QB's and one good WR.

SheepdogMark

There's way too much competition to get Green-Beckham right now. He looks concentrated on SEC teams, hope we can offer him more so he will commit to nebraska.

This means that it's a sweepstakes race ... and we lose. Being a Missouri boy for many years, surprised that Mizzou never gets a mention for this kid with the past few years with above average QB's and one good WR.

SheepdogMark

He was visiting Mizzou this weekend.

reportedly went really well according to quotes from both Dorial and his father. He also just attended a MU 1 day camp and spent the entire afternoon with the coaches. MU is very much in the race with him it appears. And given the fact that since his soph year he nor his father have barely spoken to any media, reports of favorites are no more than speculation at this point.

The only thing that I am hearing that seems to be consistant is that he is growing tired of the recruting game and is likely to commit well before signing day.

reportedly went really well according to quotes from both Dorial and his father. He also just attended a MU 1 day camp and spent the entire afternoon with the coaches. MU is very much in the race with him it appears. And given the fact that since his soph year he nor his father have barely spoken to any media, reports of favorites are no more than speculation at this point.

The only thing that I am hearing that seems to be consistant is that he is growing tired of the recruting game and is likely to commit well before signing day.

I heard it is down to Alabama and OU. Who knows.

I wouldn't have said this a year ago, but i'd rather see him go to Mizzou than those two. Good luck Fro ... if we don't snag him somehow that is...

My point exactly. I dont think anyone other than him and his parents know. I have heard OU and Bama. I have heard MU and OU. I have heard MU and Bama. Who knows at this point. I have seen MU boards that say he is a OU lean and OU boards say MU lean. :lol:

I wouldn't have said this a year ago, but i'd rather see him go to Mizzou than those two. Good luck Fro ... if we don't snag him somehow that is...

thanks, this could be a huge class for Mizzou, but its a long way to go to the finish that is for sure

• 2 months later...

And it is said like it a suprise. Seriously what could NU and their overly pass happy offense offer DGB???? :sarcasm

This s a Mixxou, Boomer and Bama battle. With the odds on favorite being either Boomer or team Helicoptor(that is Mizzou),

Add Arkansas to that list, as well. Kid is showing some real interest in the Razorbacks, and the last couple of years they've managed to snag some of the better talent from Missouri. And their offense is very receiver-friendly. Don't be surprised if he ends up there.

I would think he would be concerned about going to Arkansas and probably ending up at a school where there will be NCAA sanctions. It is no secret that Petrino is a snake and will eventually end up with his head on a chopping block. AND NEVER wish he would go to Mizzou....Mizzou fans hate the Huskers and show us no respect. At least Bama and Sooners are on even ground with the Huskers as far as respect.

I would think he would be concerned about going to Arkansas and probably ending up at a school where there will be NCAA sanctions. It is no secret that Petrino is a snake and will eventually end up with his head on a chopping block. AND NEVER wish he would go to Mizzou....Mizzou fans hate the Huskers and show us no respect. At least Bama and Sooners are on even ground with the Huskers as far as respect.

And NU fans care about this WHY???