Red Out Around the World

Andy Hutchins at Sporting News says it well (IMPO):

So why focus on just Texas? It makes Big Red look bad: Humbled, spiteful of a school with arguably less football tradition, Nebraska focusing one year on retribution against a non-divisional foe just seems off. And it's the perfect way to get the sports world laughing at the Cornhuskers should a Longhorns stampede occur.

Nebraska's taking a risk based on emotion and gambling that their team can win one game that their season will revolve around. If the Huskers can't deliver, it'll be hard to call this campaign—or this season—anything but a failure.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/71017/nebraska_might_just_be_holding_a_grudge_against_texas#ixzz0tOl6LDyK'>http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/71017/nebraska_might_just_be_holding_a_grudge_against_texas#ixzz0tOl6LDyK

GBR....

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/71017/nebraska_might_just_be_holding_a_grudge_against_texas

the reason they dont care is beacuse they dont even think that they will win a championship this year. reading throught the first three pages was worse than gouging my own eyeballs out with a rusty nail. and what is it with them and dildos. they must not have the real stuff to take care of their wives so they need the fake ones, or because their whives don't have horns they woulnd know what to do.

:rant

I still say texass is a joke. Their fans are a joke. Their AD is a joke. Their whole state is a joke. They live in this world of great importance and nobody really cares. The game this year is just the beginning of our season. Win or lose we need to take care of business in the north. I don't see us going undefeated so my goals are the big12 title and a BCS game. We need to take care of missouri and kstate. If the team wants to use last year's title game as motivation then go for it. But texass has done nothing to make us fear them or treat them like a big deal.

1 title since the big 12's inception...same as we have and we've gone through a couple extra coaches. People can be excited but personally I'm looking forward to washington, texas A&M (want to see our D against 2 tough qbs), and hopefully OU in the title game.

I still say texass is a joke. Their fans are a joke. Their AD is a joke. Their whole state is a joke. They live in this world of great importance and nobody really cares. The game this year is just the beginning of our season. Win or lose we need to take care of business in the north. I don't see us going undefeated so my goals are the big12 title and a BCS game. We need to take care of missouri and kstate. If the team wants to use last year's title game as motivation then go for it. But texass has done nothing to make us fear them or treat them like a big deal.

1 title since the big 12's inception...same as we have and we've gone through a couple extra coaches. People can be excited but personally I'm looking forward to washington, texas A&M (want to see our D against 2 tough qbs), and hopefully OU in the title game.

1. Calling us "Texass" is very aggy and does make you look second tier. There's no other way to look at that.

2. You say "texass has done nothing to make us fear them or treat them like a big deal." Yet that is exactly what this overproduced video does: treat us like a big deal.

3. And we've won two Big XII titles. Edit: f#*k, I mean 3! Forgot that first one in 1996 when we smoked you guys.

4. You're welcome for the ms paint.

Sorry to burst your rant, but they have won three. 1996-beat us, 2005-slaughtered Colorado, and 2009-"beat" us

1. Calling us "Texass" is very aggy and does make you look second tier. There's no other way to look at that.

2. You say "texass has done nothing to make us fear them or treat them like a big deal." Yet that is exactly what this overproduced video does: treat us like a big deal.

3. And we've won two Big XII titles.

4. You're welcome for the ms paint.

1. i agree that it is not a classy move to say texass.....but anyone from Shaggybevo should be able to handle that

2. i thought the video was rather weak......and it isn't sponsered by Nebraska...it is a product of the Omaha world herald. bash the WW.

3. i believe he was talking about national titles....not big 12 titles......and isn't it 3 of them that you've won....not 2?

4. the paint was weak...you've done better. :)

hmmmm....if you are going to throw stones about nebraska fans saying texass.....can i ask what does texas look like when this is the headline at shaggybevo concerning Nebraska?

"We are going to come and burn the f'ing house down... but you will blow us first."

that seems a bit more bush league than someone adding an s at the end of texas.

Sorry to burst your rant, but they have won three. 1996-beat us, 2005-slaughtered Colorado, and 2009-"beat" us

I think he ment national titles. If he were talkig about National titles it would be 3-2

I think he ment national titles. If he were talkig about National titles it would be 3-2

True... my bad I guess I read it wrong.

1. i agree that it is not a classy move to say texass.....but anyone from Shaggybevo should be able to handle that

2. i thought the video was rather weak......and it isn't sponsered by Nebraska...it is a product of the Omaha world herald. bash the WW.

3. i believe he was talking about national titles....not big 12 titles......and isn't it 3 of them that you've won....not 2?

4. the paint was weak...you've done better. :)

1. I don't have a problem with "texass" or any profanity/obscenity/whatever. Just saying it makes you guys look lame.

4. You have to consider my source material.

hmmmm....if you are going to throw stones about nebraska fans saying texass.....can i ask what does texas look like when this is the headline at shaggybevo concerning Nebraska?

"We are going to come and burn the f'ing house down... but you will blow us first."

Comparing the headline at Shaggy to calling us "Texass" is comparing apples and oranges. One is actually a satire based on something Mel Gibson said to his wife (but you obviously don't know that) and the other is little-brother syndrome.

Comparing the headline at Shaggy to calling us "Texass" is comparing apples and oranges. One is actually a satire based on something Mel Gibson said to his wife (but you obviously don't know that) and the other is little-brother syndrome.

It's hardly little brother syndrome when it's the first year this has ever happened and will be the last. What's wrong with us getting a little mad? Many people really believe we got screwed in the big 12 championship and also blame the demise of the big 8 and the destruction of the nu/ou rivalry on Texas. There are a million reasons for Nebraska fans to feel upset but none are out of inferiority.

And don't pretend like you don't care about this game, the last thing you want is for Nebraska to get the last laugh on the way out the door.

• Fire 2

1. I don't have a problem with "texass" or any profanity/obscenity/whatever. Just saying it makes you guys look lame.

4. You have to consider my source material.

And these references to Nebraska from just one thread of Shaggy Bevo

corn aggies

cornsuckers

Nebrasky

cornholing queers

cornholers

and especially fitting to this discussion: nebrASSka

The austin aggies should worry about cleaning up their own barnyards

• Fire 3