Making the Horseshoe

Hey Maud if your horseshoe isn't a Clydesdale horseshoe I would recommend you getting one. I wanted a replica horseshoe like the one showen in the tunnel walk. I looked around for horseshoes but couldn't find one big enough and I knew the one that Nebraska has is a Clydesdale. I went to a Clydesdale website and asked if they had any and they replied that they don't sell horseshoes but a company up in Michigan makes Clydesdale horseshoes for them. I contacted them with a picture of the horseshoe and they replied back saying that they'll make me the exact one like Nebraskas. I told them that I was onboard and they told me that they would send me a picture before I paid them to make sure that I was satisfied with it. Sure enough I was satisfied and the shoe only cost me like $18 or $19 dollars. Once I got the shoe, I took it to a local chrome business in town and got it chrome plated and polished for $64. I didn't want a metal frame and opt with wood because it would look better in my house but I did want the green carpet but I was running out of time because my wedding was just around the corner so I went with some sort of red felt instead (My uncle picked up the red felt, it almost feels silky smooth). I got a plaque card with my wife and my name engraved on it with the date of our wedding and it looks good. I'll post a picture of the shoe and the frame. Here is the info of the Will Lent the company up in Michigan who made my shoe. Hope this helps

Will Lent Horseshoe Company

5800 W. Woodrow Road

Shelby, MI 49455

Phone: (231) 861-5033

wlhc@yahoo.com

brettsphotos001.jpg

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...

A couple of things. First of all, nobody at State Fair park is probably going to give you a horse shoe. Race horses wear aluminum shoes. Plus, these shoes won't even be close to what you're looking for. Second, I don't think any store in Lincoln is going to have a draft horse horse shoe. I could be wrong, but I'd highly doubt it. I'm a farrier, and I think you guys are going to have to special order shoes. I'm still surprised that your local Orscheln's doesn't at least have horse shoes. The ones around here all sell them. I'm not sure of the dimensions of your frame, but I think a draft horse shoe will be too big for what you guys are looking at doing. I think you'd be better off with a size 3 or size 4 regular saddle horse horse shoe. Draft horses have a foot the size of a plate.

TheHorseShoe.jpg

Wow!! I didnt know Brett Favre was at Memorial Stadium!!! I guess he was pretty awed by the whole thing as well, snapping photos and such.

:koolaid2:

Maybe he's hoping the horseshoe will tell him whether he needs to retire or not...or retire...or maybe not...oh what the hell...retire...wait no...not yet...yeah...go ahead and retire...but...maybe...one more season?...I dunno....what say you lucky horseshoe?

A couple of things. First of all, nobody at State Fair park is probably going to give you a horse shoe. Race horses wear aluminum shoes. Plus, these shoes won't even be close to what you're looking for. Second, I don't think any store in Lincoln is going to have a draft horse horse shoe. I could be wrong, but I'd highly doubt it. I'm a farrier, and I think you guys are going to have to special order shoes. I'm still surprised that your local Orscheln's doesn't at least have horse shoes. The ones around here all sell them. I'm not sure of the dimensions of your frame, but I think a draft horse shoe will be too big for what you guys are looking at doing. I think you'd be better off with a size 3 or size 4 regular saddle horse horse shoe. Draft horses have a foot the size of a plate.

You're right on all accounts. There are no draft horses in the Lincoln area. There are some Percherons, but the owner doesn't have the right shoes for this project.

Orscheln's here does sell shoes, as does TSC, but they don't have draft/quarter horse shoes. The size is the thing.

And yes, that shoe is about the size of a plate. I can palm a basketball, and it's the size of my hand fully stretched. In the interest of authenticity, I've ordered two shoes that are nearly identical to THE SHOE. They're coming from a farrier in Michigan, the same one HuskerJock used, in fact. I searched online and their name kept popping up, so they were the ones I called.

I've ordered two shoes that are nearly identical to THE SHOE. They're coming from a farrier in Michigan, the same one HuskerJock used, in fact. I searched online and their name kept popping up, so they were the ones I called.

Post a picture as soon as you get yours. The horseshoe is huge and in my opinion worth the money. I'm thinking about ordering two more for my brother and my father. Glad that you went with the same company that I went with, they do pretty good work and are very professional.

What I don't understand is the replica NU horseshoes you can buy from Husker stores. If you can get these real deal shoes for only 20 bucks, why not sell "replica" ones with real shoes? I don't think it would drive the price up more than a 5 bucks

I've ordered two shoes that are nearly identical to THE SHOE. They're coming from a farrier in Michigan, the same one HuskerJock used, in fact. I searched online and their name kept popping up, so they were the ones I called.

Post a picture as soon as you get yours. The horseshoe is huge and in my opinion worth the money. I'm thinking about ordering two more for my brother and my father. Glad that you went with the same company that I went with, they do pretty good work and are very professional.

How long did it take to get yours? I ordered mine almost two weeks ago, and the way the lady talked, they were going to make them and ship them right away. I'm getting close to calling them for an update.