Cody Green Never Will Start?

Whether or not Green ever starts again really doesn't concern me. However, I'm somewhat surprised at those posting here who claim he'll never have much of an impact on Husker football. If memory serves me correctly, most of the other schools recruiting him were recruiting him to play a different position than QB. I think he's got some athletic skills. I'd venture to guess if/when the handwriting is on the wall with regards to not being able to play QB that he'll switch positions and redshirt.

Starting QB will be the one that BO believes will manage the ball in both ends of the field. Lee is that person right now Green and the others are number 2. Green can be that person so can the others maybe next year

Has Bo come out and said that Lee is the clear cut number 1?

Nope.

My point exactly. There's not a clear cut number 1 at this point.

It's pretty stupid to write a young man off before his sophomore season.

Ohh, it's a bleacherreport article? color me surprised... The most useless site in college sports, where any uninformed blogger can try and portray their opinion as fact every chance they get without any actual source to base those opinions on.

I think most of us are presuming Lee is #1 based on last year's depth chart. There are a LOT of factors heading into this season that could change that.

Will anyone be surprised if Green starts? I won't.

yes, i would be VERY surprised if green starts. i would give him about a 5% chance to start and imo it would take injuries to both lee and martinez.

green did nothing as a freshman, but he had little time to pick up wats goofy offense. this fall he will have to show some skills to see any playing time, unless zac is rendered ineffective......so, although i don't really care for his chances, he has not had time to be fairly evaluated.

The good news for Cody Green is that the coaches liked enough of him from a practice standpoint that he didn't get redshirted. I know there were depth issues, but they still had confidence in him being the #2 guy as a freshman. Last years experience was a big positive for him...he just needs a little more time is all to get the right amount of experience and confidence. That will translate into better leadership as well.

• Fire 1

The good news for Cody Green is that the coaches liked enough of him from a practice standpoint that he didn't get redshirted. I know there were depth issues, but they still had confidence in him being the #2 guy as a freshman. Last years experience was a big positive for him...he just needs a little more time is all to get the right amount of experience and confidence. That will translate into better leadership as well.

He didn't get redshirted because all that stood behind him was Washington and Kellogg Jr. Martinez was mostly playing slot receiver on the scout team, didn't get any solid QB reps until this Spring.

• Fire 1

He may get his chance this year if 1620 radio report is right. Lee's arm is not healing as quick as it should.

He didn't get redshirted because all that stood behind him was Washington and Kellogg Jr. Martinez was mostly playing slot receiver on the scout team, didn't get any solid QB reps until this Spring.

Green didnt redshirt because Spano tore his knee up twice. I find it rather odd that a player tears his knee up in the spring and was "ready" to go by the time fall camp came around. Then rips it apart again, same knee. Its pretty obvious that he was rushed back, we all know the reasons. Ideally the coaches would have love to redshirt green, he wouldve benefit greatly. Im not saying this as fact just as a opinion tying the two circumstances together, bash me if you will.

I think Martinez played the scout team QB last year. I remember reading that he was mirroring Taylor during the week of VTech.

He may get his chance this year if 1620 radio report is right. Lee's arm is not healing as quick as it should.

Did anyone say why it isn't healing as quickly as it should? Is Lee not doing what he needs to do so it heals quicker or is it just one of those things?

Green was a TRUE FRESHMAN last year, of course he wasnt ready to play. He will be vastly improved this year if not just knowing the mechanics of the playbook. I think in the first few games we may see some split time between Green and Lee and by the time the regular season starts we will know who the starter is. I think too many people are getting on Green's case, we have to realize he was a TRUE FRESHMAN. Not many guys can come in and start as a freshman. This guy isnt the second coming of Tommie Frazier, so why is everyone expecting him to play like it?

Agreed :clap Cut the guy some slack. Yeah, he struggled. But he was a true freshmen who was barely 18 years old. Give him some time. He might be good , he might not, don't throw him under the bus after only two starts.

Green didnt redshirt because Spano tore his knee up twice. I find it rather odd that a player tears his knee up in the spring and was "ready" to go by the time fall camp came around. Then rips it apart again, same knee. Its pretty obvious that he was rushed back, we all know the reasons. Ideally the coaches would have love to redshirt green, he wouldve benefit greatly. Im not saying this as fact just as a opinion tying the two circumstances together, bash me if you will.

I think Martinez played the scout team QB last year. I remember reading that he was mirroring Taylor during the week of VTech.

He spent most the year at WR on scout team from what I recall, Pelini even mentioned it around Spring Ball, as did Watson, that it was their first real chance to see what he could do with the offense.