Nebraska unanimous pick to win North

Apparently this guy disagrees....

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/07/21/2099283/a-unanimous-vote-for-the-huskers.html

The Big 12 might want to issue a correction — albeit a small and pretty darned meaningless one — about the media being unanimous in picking Nebraska’s football team to win the Big 12 North.

I didn’t pick the Cornhuskers — though given that Missouri plays at Nebraska, I probably should have and probably would now.

A call to the Big 12 office produced a very nice apology:

“Thanks, Mike. Sorry about the poll. All I can guess is it was either misplaced once I printed it off or the intern who assisted me accidentally miscalculated points. I’ll make sure your votes are counted for the preseason team.”

This goober actually called the big 12 office for an apology?

My favorite part was that after asking for said apology, he actually cleared up that he should have voted for NU because he failed to notice that Mizzou has to come to Lincoln. This guy is a freaking AP voter. AN AP VOTER! And he didn't know (or bother to look) at Mizzou's schedule?! Not to mention his his undefendable picks for the all-big12 team.

Jerrell Jackson and Derrick Washington on his all-conf. team...

Ha ha! And he picked CU to be 3rd. Does this guy even *follow* college football?

This guy is on the sports station in KC and got their vote taken away. This is what he has for this year. I wonder why it got taken away...

Kevin Kietzman

CU 7-5 (5-3) OSU 11-1 (7-1)

MU 7-5 (4-4) UT 11-1 (7-1)

KSU 6-6 (4-4) TTU 10-2 (6-2)

KU 7-5 (3-5) OU 10-2 (6-2)

NU 5-7 (2-6) BU 6-6 (2-6)

ISU 6-6 (2-6) A&M 4-8 (1-7)

OSU beats Texas head-to-head.

OSUe beats Colorado in CCG.

This guy is on the sports station in KC and got their vote taken away. This is what he has for this year. I wonder why it got taken away...

Kevin Kietzman

Man, I hate Kevin Kietzman....worst radio personality even.

Kevin Kietzman

This is a joke right?

Kevin Kietzman

This is a joke right?

He must be. There is no way in hell that an Oklahoma State team with only one returning offensive line starter and a fresh quarterbacks is going to win 11 games. Hunter is good, but he isn't that good.

Before you read his article you should look at this youtube video first. Gives a little insight into this homer.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/07/21/2099283/a-unanimous-vote-for-the-huskers.html#ixzz0uQdNGxxR

I will copy and paste the email I sent this guy on why is vote was not counted.

Email sent to this author. Let's see if he responds.

There are a bunch of great reasons why your vote wasn't counted by accident.

1) The first is witnessed by your youtube video here.

2) When every other person votes for NU to win the north and your opinion is so far out of whack, your vote was disallowed.

3) You are a complete homer for Mizzou, and you even stated in your article that you voted for Mizzou even though they play at NU. Even if Mizzou were to win, it is the view of everyone else that voted that NU will win the North Div. This is not based on one game, it is based on a lot of factors, which is to include all of the games in the conference. What are the pre-season rankings for Mizzou and NU. NU is consistently around the top 10.

4) Michael Beasley!!!!!!! If he feels NU will win the North Division, I am sure it should be unanimous.

5) "I didn’t pick the Cornhuskers — though given that Missouri plays at Nebraska, I probably should have and probably would now." Aren't you contradicting your own arguement here??? WTF-Is the only reason you picked Mizzou because they should be Nebraska and should win the Big 12-2 North Division? Aren't their several games in conference?

6) NU won the division last year and I believe KSU(Michael Beasley) took second. Meaning Mizzou would have to overcome 3rd place last year to upset/overtake, not only NU but KSU.

7) http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-05-26/college-football-on-clock-sns-preseason-top-100

The top 100 and NU is no. 7 and Missou is no.35.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/07/21/2099283/a-unanimous-vote-for-the-huskers.html#ixzz0uQdNGxxR

He is a complete _________. (you fill in the blank without getting in trouble or using fowl language)

DeArmond is a Mizzou homer and a moron. What more needs to be said?

Mizzou's schedule. I think they have a pretty tough 4 game stretch. TAM to TTU in the middle of the season. Ouch!!! Winning the North???? Don't think so Mr DeArmond.

2010-2011 SCHEDULE

( Click on an event for complete event information )

Date Opponent / Event Location Time

09/04/10 vs. Illinois St. Louis, Mo.

(Edward Jones Dome) 11:30 a.m. CT

Gold Rush/Salute to America

09/11/10 vs. McNeese State Columbia, Mo. TBA

Band Day

09/18/10 vs. San Diego State Columbia, Mo. TBA

Family Weekend

09/25/10 vs. Miami (Ohio) Columbia, Mo. TBA

10/09/10 vs. Colorado Columbia, Mo. TBA

10/16/10 at Texas A&M College Station, Texas TBA

Homecoming

10/23/10 vs. Oklahoma * Columbia, Mo. TBA

10/30/10 at Nebraska Lincoln, Neb. TBA

11/06/10 at Texas Tech * Lubbock, Texas TBA

b*******

11/13/10 vs. Kansas State Columbia, Mo. TBA

11/20/10 at Iowa State Ames, Iowa TBA

11/27/10 vs. Kansas * Kansas City, Mo.

(Arrowhead Stadium) 11:30 a.m. CT

Next Event

vs.

Illinois

Day: Saturday

Date: Sept. 4, 2010

Time: 11:30 a.m. CT

Coverage

TV: FSN

Radio: Tiger Network

Schedule Key

Kevin Kietzman

This is a joke right?

I thought those were last years picks?????

He still is a jerk

Before you read his article you should look at this youtube video first. Gives a little insight into this homer.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/07/21/2099283/a-unanimous-vote-for-the-huskers.html#ixzz0uQdNGxxR

2) When every other person votes for NU to win the north and your opinion is so far out of whack, your vote was disallowed.

3) You are a complete homer for Mizzou, and you even stated in your article that you voted for Mizzou even though they play at NU. Even if Mizzou were to win, it is the view of everyone else that voted that NU will win the North Div. This is not based on one game, it is based on a lot of factors, which is to include all of the games in the conference. What are the pre-season rankings for Mizzou and NU. NU is consistently around the top 10.

4) Michael Beasley!!!!!!! If he feels NU will win the North Division, I am sure it should be unanimous.

5) "I didn’t pick the Cornhuskers — though given that Missouri plays at Nebraska, I probably should have and probably would now." Aren't you contradicting your own arguement here??? WTF-Is the only reason you picked Mizzou because they should be Nebraska and should win the Big 12-2 North Division? Aren't their several games in conference?

6) NU won the division last year and I believe KSU(Michael Beasley) took second. Meaning Mizzou would have to overcome 3rd place last year to upset/overtake, not only NU but KSU.

7) http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-05-26/college-football-on-clock-sns-preseason-top-100

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/07/21/2099283/a-unanimous-vote-for-the-huskers.html#ixzz0uQdNGxxR

He is a complete _________. (you fill in the blank without getting in trouble or using fowl language)

schuhbdoo,

not that it matters, but for your own knowledge, Mu tied for second in the north and if they would have won the game in Columbia against NE, which the arguement could be made they should have (neither here nor there) but they would have won the division. So your not at all correct in your #6 point. just a heads up

schuhbdoo,

not that it matters, but for your own knowledge, Mu tied for second in the north and if they would have won the game in Columbia against NE, which the arguement could be made they should have (neither here nor there) but they would have won the division. So your not at all correct in your #6 point. just a heads up

boomstick, hammer dropped! :rollin

Kevin Kietzman

This is a joke right?

I thought those were last years picks?????

He still is a jerk

Those were his picks from last year, but I'm sure this year will be similar, with the exception of dropping NU to last I'm sure.

KK and DeArmond are the biggest jokes in the KC media, which is saying something.