Lincoln Restaurants?

Venue is good, a little upitty, I sit in the bar, Monday night is my fav to go, they have 25% off wine. Across the parking lot form them is Carmellas, they had a slow start but are really doing good now, food is awesome, although they still have the occasional miss. Parthenon is awesome, George is the hardest working guy in the Lincoln restaurant biz. 9th street char grill, is good food for a great price, haven't been in a long time but always hear good things. I like wilderness ridge, food has always been good, service is slow though.

If you like Lazlos, try there sister place Fireworks, I dont like either my self but the fireworks building is awesome, and the beer can be really good at times. Get a sandwich from Le Quarter, they have a limited selection but they are awesome, and get a cupcake for desert. There is a new mexican place on west O, I havent been there yet, but the pork chili is making waves nothing like it anywhere is the word. Lincoln has a g

Funny thing - I am a hardcore Lazlo's fan, but I do not like Fireworks. I've been to their current location twice and their former location several times, and it just didn't do it for me.

I need to get to Venue and Carmellas. I've heard good things, but I've never been. I cook at home mostly now, and I get all balled up having to pay twice as much for food/wine that I can make at home for half the cost.

Funny thing - I am a hardcore Lazlo's fan, but I do not like Fireworks. I've been to their current location twice and their former location several times, and it just didn't do it for me.

I need to get to Venue and Carmellas. I've heard good things, but I've never been. I cook at home mostly now, and I get all balled up having to pay twice as much for food/wine that I can make at home for half the cost.

Both are pretty good, I am with you on the cooking at home, I avoid chains like the plague, and for the cost of some pre-processed microwaved junk from Texas Road house, I can have twice the quality at home, and I dont have to worry about driving once I help the GF polish off the wine.

Also I left Leon's today and everything but the lettuce was from within 50 miles of here, and I find that important. Lincoln places have been slow to pick up on this, I think the best is Parthenon right now, although Venue has been getting more local stuff....

I think OSO Burrito is owned by the Yia Yias people.

Is Parthenon the place at like 56th and hwy 2? IMO it has the worst Greek food ever, but it seems to be poplular with Lincoln nites. That place with the King Kong on it has better greek food.

Lincoln is a pretty restaurant dead town. Outside of Misty's, there really is nothing much to write home about. I really like Yia Yias, but more for the atmosphere then the pizza. I do crave a few Nebraska specific fast food places- Taco Johns and Runza specifically

Love this place, the band and cheerleaders come thru every friday nite.

MISTY'S RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE. Members of the Nebraska marching band have been belting out tunes -- ranging from fight songs to pop numbers -- on the eve of home games here since the 1960s. Order the king cut of prime rib. It's pricey ($19.95), but it's bigger than your head, and if there's one thing Nebraskans know, it's beef.

This isn't technically a restaurant GMoose, but Raising Canes out between 48th and O / 48th and Vine is amazing. It's a 100% chicken finger restaurant with the best dipping sauce I've ever tasted in my life. Every order also comes with a delicious piece of texas toast and fries.

And for those expensive dinners, head down to Misty's in the downtown area.

This isn't technically a restaurant GMoose, but Raising Canes out between 48th and O / 48th and Vine is amazing. It's a 100% chicken finger restaurant with the best dipping sauce I've ever tasted in my life. Every order also comes with a delicious piece of texas toast and fries.

2 years ago when we were freshman Cane's was the first place my friends took me when I came to Lincoln for gameday. Needless to say, the rest was history.

I've got a scratch card in my wallet for a free finger :corndance

2 years ago when we were freshman Cane's was the first place my friends took me when I came to Lincoln for gameday. Needless to say, the rest was history.

So clearly you know how just how amazing it is. I wonder how sad my life would be without that place...

I also completely forgot about something: they are putting a Qdoba in downtown Lincoln. It isn't open yet, but I think it's the only Qdoba I've seen in Lincoln so far and I'm pretty jacked up for it.

How can it be that no one has mentioned the Valentino's Pizza on East Campus yet? It’s the original Valentino's, the first one before they franchised, right?

Too bad they closed P.O. Pears a few years back. That place was legendary.

So clearly you know how just how amazing it is. I wonder how sad my life would be without that place...

I also completely forgot about something: they are putting a Qdoba in downtown Lincoln. It isn't open yet, but I think it's the only Qdoba I've seen in Lincoln so far and I'm pretty jacked up for it.

There's a Qdoba at the mall on O Street . . . but that's out of the way for a lot of people.