Coaches preseason poll - #9

See that this morning on the ESPN ticker at the gym. I think it's a little high considering our anemic offense last year but....we'll see.

I totally agree with you. For example, in the SI Big XII Preview issue, we only had one player on the all-conference second team, and no players on the first team. Of course, pre-season all-conference teams are mostly guesses, but does anybody else think that our talent doesn't match up with our expectations and our hype?

I've never understood the "fixed it for you" thing. Why not just write what you feel and leave someone else's opinion be?

I'm bored, had nothing else to do with my time, and didn't really have anything else of substance to contribute to the conversation.

Yet wanted to entertain myself with something besides just reading the post?

• Fire 1

Preseason coaches poll is out and we are #9.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5442120

See that this morning on the ESPN ticker at the gym. I think it's a little high considering our anemic offense last year but....we'll see.

I’m just glad to be debating whether we deserve a top ten preseason ranking. It sucked back when we were debating whether or not we deserved to be ranked at all. Or not even debating it.

Go Big Red! We're back baby!

I'm somewhat surprised they slid Boise State all the way to #5 considering all but one of their starters is returning. I also think having Texas and Florida ranked that high considering both are breaking in new QB's to replace legends is somewhat odd. I remember when we plugged in Frost for Frazier/Berringer in 1996 after winning a couple NCs. Things didn't exactly go smooth.

I'm somewhat surprised they slid Boise State all the way to #5 considering all but one of their starters is returning. I also think having Texas and Florida ranked that high considering both are breaking in new QB's to replace legends is somewhat odd. I remember when we plugged in Frost for Frazier/Berringer in 1996 after winning a couple NCs. Things didn't exactly go smooth.

Yeah but this is all mighty Alabama and Texas we're talking about. They don't rebuild, they reload! :LOLtartar