4 Bikers were killed while coming back from Sturgis

This is a very sad story and event that took place yesterday in Little Sioux, IA. I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for the remorse that the drunk driver is experiencing right now. I could careless how old they are and I hope this kid gets what he deserves. Too lazy to call for a taxi or call for a friend/family memeber to pick him up but decided to drive drunk and then go to a gas station to pick up more beer. Later that day he ended up kill 4 innocent bikers who were returning home from a great experience at Sturgis. I have a buddy who went to Sturgis this week and hopefully he'll make it home alive. My father has been to Sturgis twice and if this every happened to him I would be thriving for justice.

Fatal drunk driving car accident that took 4 lives in Little Sioux, IA

Man :( If only this were preventable. I wonder what I would do if I were in that situation where I'm driving with my family and see this drunk guy stumbling to his car. Calling 911 is the right thing to do, and not get involved, but if only someone could have restrained him...I don't know...

damn bikers hey wait a minute, nevermind

A coworker of my son's was arresting a dui suspect when the suspect became agitated. The Deputy was subduing him but forgot that he had his handcuffs in his hand. He popped the perp on the side of the head, and calmed the suspect down but in doing so fractured two fingers because of the handcuffs. Now we may not have a October blow up pumpkin shootout DAMMIT. Again, because of a drunk driver. I know it's not as serious as killing 4 bikers but . ...... ....

Out of the 50-60 patients I help do scopes on each week, probably 30 are because of esophageal varices involving either etoh or hep c damage to the liver. I'm done.

GBR

Apparently it happened again in Omaha yesterday morning, right around 120th and Harrison. Some drunk punk crossed the median, hit a car with a doctor and his 2 kids in it, and the father died.

So sad. Thoughts and prayers.

Yes, I'm very sad for the victim and family. Very angry with the drunk punk who had glorified his drinking:

http://omaha.com/article/20100811/NEWS01/100819949#victim-was-taking-kids-to-school

The kid who caused the accident in the OP is a UNL honor student.

LINK

Hes also a friend of mine. His family farms in and around the area my family does, and my uncle is the president of the school board where Andrew graduated from. His dad has bought seed from us for as long as I can remember. Im so heartbroken for his parents. The nicest, kindest folks you could ever meet. Absolutely devastating all around.

I agree with you..the ones who drink and drive that end up hurting someone or killing somone..NEVER get hurt! And it pisses me off big time that repeat drunk drivers never seem to learn their lesson and don't pay by getting their you know what in jail! That really pisses me off! Schlichtemeier was convicted in Lancaster County Court of driving while intoxicated in 2008.

I know this isn't about me..but..it pisses me off big time that the a-hole drunk driver who put me in a coma..didn't have to spend one day in jail!!!

I have no sympathy for drunk drivers and I don't give a rat's a_s how nice their parents are either!! If they were good parents at all..they would of sat down with their kids...tell them the consequences of driving drunk or better yet..take them to a rehab center where innocent people have paid big time by getting hit by a drunk driver..let them see innocent people in wheelchairs...head trauma and more!!!

I HATE DRUNK DRIVERS AND I HOPE THE COPS NAIL EVERY DRUNK THAT DRIVES!!! AND IF THEY PASS THE TEST THEY HAVE TO TAKE TO SEE IF THEY ARE DRUNK..I STILL DON'T THINK THAT THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO JUST GO ON THEIR MERRY WAY....MAKE A FRIEND OR SOMEONE PICK THEM UP OR SOMETHING!!'

For being an honor student...HE HAS NO COMMEN SENSE!!! AND THAT MAKES HIM STUPID!!

ok..done venting....drunk driving pisses me off big time!!

My hearts go out to the family and friends who had loved ones who died.

• Fire 2

The kid who caused the accident in the OP is a UNL honor student.

LINK

Hes also a friend of mine. His family farms in and around the area my family does, and my uncle is the president of the school board where Andrew graduated from. His dad has bought seed from us for as long as I can remember. Im so heartbroken for his parents. The nicest, kindest folks you could ever meet. Absolutely devastating all around.

Sorry to hear that, situations like this just flat out make you sad for everyone involved rather you know them or not.

If they were good parents at all..they would of sat down with their kids...

You absolutely cannot blame this on the parents. The kid was old enough to make his own decisions. I can't believe that your children (presuming you have children) always make Roxy-pleasing decisions in everything they do. As a parent all you can do is instill all of your best intentions into the child, then hope for the best. They're still going to make mistakes, they're still going to do dumb things and some of them are going to do outrageously dumb and/or criminal things. We can't blame every set of parents for every dumb thing every kid does. Sometimes kids just choose a dumb path.

My sister and I had the exact same upbringing. I've held steady jobs for 22 years; she's never held a job longer than six months in her life. I've raised a family with love and attention; she largely ignored her children and they had to be raised by our parents and Boys Town. There is NO WAY my parents are responsible for my idiot sister. You can't just blame these parents. It's possible they did everything right and the kid still made a very, very bad choice.

I have no idea what you meant by "make Roxy-pleasing decisions in everything they do" and I don't really care either! You don't know me from Adam! Am I perfect? NO..noone is! You are right that parents are not to blame for the actions their kids are resonsible for. My point was that I don't care how nice the parents are and I still don't care either! Their kid is responsible for killing people..that is all...should the blame be put on the parents...NO! I just wish more parents woud take the time to talk to thier kids about the consquences of drunk driving! Maybe his parents did talk to him- and if they did talk to him about it..apparently he didn't listen! For being an honor student..he sure didn't use his brains by drinking and driving! GEEZ....Roxy making decisions is uncalled for..I AM NOT PERFECT AND NEVER CLAIMED TO BE!