"Really bad news" on the injury front

zoogs

I remember not too long ago, Matt May was actually looked at as possibly our best LB (last year, before Dillard stepped up and when Compton and Fish were still adjusting and very green). Hopefully he can step up, but, if not him, someone will. Have faith.

Terrible news to hear about Sean. Someone said he had bulked up a bit from last year (hard for him) and he seemed primed for a good season. I guess those Fisher kids just have leg troubles.

Is it possible we are over working our kids? First Smith lost for the season and now Fisher?

2 broken legs are freak injuries not a result of over working

No kidding, nothing but bad luck for those boys.

Or maybe there's a problem under the field that no one has yet considered...

40.jpg

Glad there is plenty of depth on the mediocre LB unit to replace the mediocre LB. So amazed that people are acting like NU just lost Prince, Gomes, and Dennard. Hope to see Fish bounce back and play well next year, but really, other than depth, this isn't huge.

Glad there is plenty of depth on the mediocre LB unit to replace the mediocre LB. So amazed that people are acting like NU just lost Prince, Gomes, and Dennard. Hope to see Fish bounce back and play well next year, but really, other than depth, this isn't huge.

I see what you are saying about the depth at LB, but I wouldn't call him mediocre. Fact is even though he is replaceable he was the best at his position and him being out will hurt the team. If nothing else the increased reps the other guys will have to play will have an impact. Don't down play this, this is a big deal.

I see what you are saying about the depth at LB, but I wouldn't call him mediocre. Fact is even though he is replaceable he was the best at his position and him being out will hurt the team. If nothing else the increased reps the other guys will have to play will have an impact. Don't down play this, this is a big deal.

I agree with his loss we have to count on unproven guys. We have Compton but we still need someone else to step up otherwise we will have problems.