good article on Osborne / NU

Best article by Forde I've read in a while, but he couldn't resist continually linking the second put back on the clock with Nebraska's decision to leave. He minimized the real reason (academics) and he minimized Nebraska's impact on the BTN. But those are small gripes. Overall, good article.

Best article by Forde I've read in a while, but he couldn't resist continually linking the second put back on the clock with Nebraska's decision to leave. He minimized the real reason (academics) and he minimized Nebraska's impact on the BTN. But those are small gripes. Overall, good article.

Agreed.

I've read so many articles this off season that mention the one second deal.

Still stings a little every time.

not sure i agree with how he states as fact that pederson justifiably fired Solich and crew. I know this dead horse has been beaten, but it was even shocking to ESPN that Solich got fired for a 10-3 season at the time.

Also doesn't really mention the fact that other schools in the big 12 were courting themselves to other conference(s). Based on Osborne's statements that had to be the main reason we started looking.

He went for the controversy angle instead of the truth. Nebraska's move to the Big Ten had absolutely nothing to do with the Championship game where the refs (incorrectly) put a second back onto the clock. To play up that angle without so much as mentioning the Big 10 Network or the academic revolution that comes with the move lowers this to an average C in my opinion. Yeah, yeah, we're all exciting to give Texas their medicine. That's not why you make a move to another conference.

Don Osborni is establishing the University of Nebraska in the most fertile conference in the country for the next hundred years. Even if the conference HQs were in KC, and the Championship game was on an alternating basis, and we did play OU every year, the Big 10 would still be a very tempting offer.

9-3 Bo gets credit for the one win.

The one second is mentioned by evreyone because we seem to mention it every opportunity in discussion.

The players have wrist bands about one second, on their lockers. All in all to outsiders we make more of it than anyone else.

I do not buy we went to the Big Ten just for academics, it was part, but the University had had enough of the Texas train and it was time to get off. Now the money the grants bring is another question.

It was a releationship that needed to end and we did it. No regrets other than the Kansas game not being played. 2nd longest in college football I believe.

I am not an ESPN hater. They seem to me to say exactly what is going on, they are on you when you are not doing what you need to win and acknowledge when you do. They were against the BC hiring and felt Solich should have gotten another year. But most felt that recruiting was falling off and that Solich did not have the offensive mind to compete at this level. Who knows. I am just glad that most have forgiven him and will welcome him back to the place he gave most of his sporting and adult life to.

Agreed.

I've read so many articles this off season that mention the one second deal.

Still stings a little every time.

Count me in as another who feels the same. What can you say about Forde? He is a Mizzou grad who is upset that they are stuck suckling off of the Texa$$ teat.

Reasonably good article. I do take exception to the firing of Solich as "justafiable" however.

I do not buy we went to the Big Ten just for academics, it was part, but the University had had enough of the Texas train and it was time to get off. Now the money the grants bring is another question.

I think you underestimate the importance of the academic upgrade, CIC, grant dollars, etc. That is MUCH more important than football. Football just gets the headlines.

I do agree, it was time to get of the Texa$$ trainwreck, however.

It was a releationship that needed to end and we did it. No regrets other than the Kansas game not being played. 2nd longest in college football I believe.

I couldn't agree more. Wish we could have that one as a non-conference game.

I think you underestimate the importance of the academic upgrade, CIC, grant dollars, etc. That is MUCH more important than football. Football just gets the headlines.

I do agree, it was time to get of the Texa$$ trainwreck, however.

I couldn't agree more. Wish we could have that one as a non-conference game.

See That's what irritates me the most, people think we did what we did because we couldn't beat Texas. For the people who say that there are more important things than football when it comes to a University.