Pretty sure this isn't the right place to post this but I am considering proposing to my girlfriend and was thinking it would be the coolest thing ever if I were to do it at a game in front of the 80,000 plus. Was curious if anyone knew who I would have to get in contact with to maybe set something like that up so it could be put up on the jumbotron or on the other tvs? GBR!!

I dont know if i would go this route. You know whats best for you guys. But remember this one big key to doing this, for most women they dream of this day and their wedding like you dream of great seats to the MNC on the Huskers sideline. You should make it something that is special to both of you, but something that will really hit home with her.

My wife would have said yes 99 ways out of 100, but if I would have done a scoreboard proposal, she would have been pi**ed :angry:

unless you have ever heard her say, "ohhhhhhh, thats so cute/romantic" when a scoreboard proposal pops up, i would get a plan B.

Best of luck!!

My advice: do it when noone else is around. Make it just about the two of you. I proposed the night after Clemson sealed the deal to go to the ACC Championship and the Huskers sealed the deal to go to the Big XII championship. We just went up in the mountains in November, very beautiful btw, and stayed at a little inn and I popped the question there. It's about the two of you, not 80,000 other people.

Plus, if she happens to say no (not that she would), noone else would ever have to know.

How did I just know, as soon as I posted, that the great HuskerJock would have to admonish me for making a joke. So you're telling me that the "perfect proposal" is drinking all of your now wife's booze and eating her food? Ok. Does anyone care? Nope.

Maybe next time make it more obvious that your joking and how is he suppose to know your joking, I'm was the only one who thought that you weren't joking either. I never said that the "perfect proposal" is drinking all my wifes' booze and eating her food (salad), I was just explaining on how nervous I was before I popped the question because proposing to the one you love is actually scary as hell.

Thanks for thinking so highly of me by calling me the "Great Huskerjock".....just made my day....well good talk.

How did I just know, as soon as I posted, that the great HuskerJock would have to admonish me for making a joke. So you're telling me that the "perfect proposal" is drinking all of your now wife's booze and eating her food? Ok. Does anyone care? Nope.

Maybe next time make it more obvious that your joking and how is he suppose to know your joking, I'm was the only one who thought that you weren't joking either. I never said that the "perfect proposal" is drinking all my wifes' booze and eating her food (salad), I was just explaining on how nervous I was before I popped the question because proposing to the one you love is actually scary as hell.

Thanks for thinking so highly of me by calling me the "Great Huskerjock".....just made my day....well good talk.

Speaking of nervous, how nervous were you when you wrote this? Either you were really nervous, you have multiple wifes (sic), or your alternate identity is Tuff Tiger!

In light of that, I do tend to agree. Proposing is probably a little scary.

Sounds pretty cliche and unoriginal anyway....

I would boo.

Wow you guys are rude. This guy is planing to ask one of the most scariest/nervous questions in his entire life and you act like that. I didn't think I would be nervous when I asked my wife in her hand in marriage but I was so nervous that I drank her two glasses of wine and my two glasses, took 2 potty breaks within 2-3 minutes before asking and also ate her salad......and I hate salads.

Good luck on the proposal but just make sure she'll like the proposal and that its not going to embarrass her. Girls are always dreaming about the perfect proposal. Lets hope that if you do it at Memorial Stadium at a game that it doesn't end up like this guy.......

good post. I was about too say we got some ass holes running around here and what they posted was uncalled for.

IDK if i would do it at memorial stadium too be honest, maybe go too the lake or something so that if it is a fail only you and her now about it and not me and my other drunken freinds ;). smaller the stage you jump off of the less it will hurt, but then again i'm a pessimist.

Speaking of nervous, how nervous were you when you wrote this? Either you were really nervous, you have multiple wifes (sic), or your alternate identity is Tuff Tiger!

In light of that, I do tend to agree. Proposing is probably a little scary.

Knot nervous at tall just at work n don,t have time 2 prof read on wat i wrote. Now tat i no u work 4 da grammar police i,ll pay close attention nxt time on mi speling :dumdum:cop:

Sounds pretty cliche and unoriginal anyway....

Care to give him some original ideas then...

i proposed to my wife via huskerboard.

If you go by the mail order system, you don't even have to ask.

Cough Cough***, Admins, can we please get a mail order bride section? Perhaps in the Classifieds?

Seconded.

Sorry, but it won't happen. HuskerVision does not accept on-screen message requests at all.

He hit it right on the head. No personal messages of any kind.

Also, not to be mean, but I have had this discussion with a lot of women, including my own wife. All agree that proposing during a game is always a bad idea, and unromantic.

Good luck with your engagement though! It's an awesome thing! Don't listen to the marriage haters, because they are literally everywhere.

While I know HV doesn't allow that (my dad was staff up there for years), it really depends on the girl with that kind of proposal... My girlfriend flat out said she wanted me to propose to her at a Twins game.. I told her no way in hell that'd happen because 1) i hate the twins, and 2) i'll be nervous enough as it is i dont need 40k people watching it also. So, if his girlfriend is that kind of girl, she really may like it.

I find it interesting that someone is seeking advice about marriage proposals on an a sports message board. However, people that propose at games come off as being self-centered and arrogant to many fans. Why would anyone care that you're proposing? What makes you think we come to games to see that? I think it's also unfair to the girlfriend because you are putting her on the spot about a very important and intimate decision in front of thousands of fans.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, but I think the consensus so far is that it's a BAD idea. Sorry for being so harsh, but it's only because we care!wink.gif

Best advise I can give is to talk to her father first. It doesn't have to be "asking for permission". For me, I kind of told my future FIL my intentions and asked him if he had any reservations about me joining HIS family . . . . . it was something like that anyway. To this day I can still do about anything I want ;)

Best advise I can give is to talk to her father first. It doesn't have to be "asking for permission". For me, I kind of told my future FIL my intentions and asked him if he had any reservations about me joining HIS family . . . . . it was something like that anyway. To this day I can still do about anything I want ;)

ewww. that is really none of our business.

Pretty sure this isn't the right place to post this but I am considering proposing to my girlfriend and was thinking it would be the coolest thing ever if I were to do it at a game in front of the 80,000 plus. Was curious if anyone knew who I would have to get in contact with to maybe set something like that up so it could be put up on the jumbotron or on the other tvs? GBR!!

87skers, I agree with the consensus here that proposing in front of the 80,000 on the Jumbotron is perhaps not a very good idea. Here’s what I suggest:

Make a reservation at the nicest restaurant in town. Go there in advance to make the reservation in person, and tell them your plans for a marriage proposal. Ask for a table in a private, but nice, location. When you invite her out make up a cover story about celebrating something else (e.g., lie and tell her you won $5,000 in the lottery--she will forgive you for the lie). Arrange champagne to be brought to the table for after dinner drinks. Wait until after dinner to pop the question. Don’t plan out a long speech. Just a clever quip to set it up. Do it on bended knee. (She will tell the ‘bended knee’ proposal story a thousand times to all her friends.) Oh, and spend a little more on the ring than you think you can afford. It's a good investment.

Good luck!