I dont know if i would go this route. You know whats best for you guys. But remember this one big key to doing this, for most women they dream of this day and their wedding like you dream of great seats to the MNC on the Huskers sideline. You should make it something that is special to both of you, but something that will really hit home with her.

My wife would have said yes 99 ways out of 100, but if I would have done a scoreboard proposal, she would have been pi**ed mad.gif

unless you have ever heard her say, "ohhhhhhh, thats so cute/romantic" when a scoreboard proposal pops up, i would get a plan B.

yeah.gif

• 8 years later...

On 2/27/2019 at 4:56 PM, GSG said:

Zombie thread time y'all!

Did any of you hire someone to take photos of you proposing (or being proposed to)?

It seems weird to me

I did, but it definitely fit something I knew my wife would want. You know, being able to post a ton of things on Instagram, Facebook and what not. Getting photos of it seems to pretty common place now, and it seems to be even more and more common to pay a professional photographer to do it.

Actually, my whole proposal was based around the photography. I hired a photographer to take photos of us at the same place we had our first ever photo taken. My wife had been asking to get photos at this place for a couple of years and we had just never got around to it. I told her we'd finally be getting some nice photos done there, but of course left out the whole engagement piece.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I did, but it definitely fit something I knew my wife would want. You know, being able to post a ton of things on Instagram, Facebook and what not. Getting photos of it seems to pretty common place now, and it seems to be even more and more common to pay a professional photographer to do it.

Actually, my whole proposal was based around the photography. I hired a photographer to take photos of us at the same place we had our first ever photo taken. My wife had been asking to get photos at this place for a couple of years and we had just never got around to it. I told her we'd finally be getting some nice photos done there, but of course left out the whole engagement piece.

Just another reason to fork out more money.  It's amazing what the wedding industry has decided to convince people needs done.