Does anyone think Cody Green transfers?

Met him once and seemed like a stand up guy. Met his mom too. Nice people. Before and after the #300 game.

You have to remember Cody is 1 or 2 plays away from starting (heaven forbid)

please be with the little pygmy's in New Guinea :D

If you get beat out by a kid who wasn't even recruited to play quarterback, than that is all on you.

First, I agree that this rumor is bullcrap.

Second, Martinez was certianly recruited as a QB first. The coaches knew he could play another position if it didn't work out at QB.

Go back and read his recruiting articles.

Specifically, the kid was recruited as an athlete.

Even more specifically, he was recruited by the coaches with the idea of playing on defense. But, he said all along that if a chance at quarterback arose than he would want a fair shot.

If you get beat out by a kid who wasn't even recruited to play quarterback, than that is all on you.

First, I agree that this rumor is bullcrap.

Second, Martinez was certianly recruited as a QB first. The coaches knew he could play another position if it didn't work out at QB.

thank you, i dont know why people seem to think that he was not recruited as a qb. i was about ready to say the same thing but you hit the nail on the head sir.

Actually he was recruited as an athlete first. Then he won the California player of the year and Bo decided if he wanted to compete to play QB then that would be his decision because obviously he has skill at QB.

wow, who makes this crap up? if Green does transfer he doesn't have what it takes to play here, hell, it is the same everywhere you go, the best at each position play first, if you aren't very good, why aspire to compete at a top school, knowing your chances aren't very good. you hang in and improve or leave branded as a quitter, no one wants a quitter.

with Carnes and Turner coming on, it won't get any easier....suck it up, volunteer to play another position or go home!

it is the same everywhere you go.......NU isn't any different.

So when Martinez gets a shot and throws 2 picks are we gonna have (another) thread about him transferring?

I was simply asking a question. If Green ends up 3rd on the depth chart. Dont you think it runs through his mind?

It would probably run through anyone's mind. And i think the reason the tone of this thread hasn't gone well is because you made it sound like cody green was officially 3rd on the depth chart.

Warning: :boxosoap

And also i am just wondering, why are we so quick to write of cody green and so quick to crown T-Mart as our savior? Cody Green might have struggled at times last year but at least the coaches thought he was the better option to start than T-Mart. What has T-Mart even done? He did good in a spring game, big whoop. I seem to recall Curenski Gilleylen (sp?) having a crazing good spring game to years ago and whats he really done. Not much. Not saying i favor either Green or T-Mart or even Zac Lee, (to be honest idc, i just want us to start the one that gives us the best ooption to win) but why so much of the :leghump: of T-Mart? he hasn't even played a game. Not saying that T-Mart can't do special things for NU, cause i believe he has talent, but don't be so quick to write of cody Green bc he struggled as a 17 year old kid.

Anyway :rant

• Fire 2

I think Green is the #2 at this point at QB, but Martinez will see the field more. If Lee goes down, Green is the man. Basically T-Mart is our offensive "peso" type player. He will be a hybrid QB, RB and WR, and will see the ball 5-10 times a game.

IMHO, there is a little too much smoke for martinez to simply be the gimmick guy. why is it so hard for some to believe that he just may simply be better than green, or even lee.

Agree with jliehr. Martinez is a guy they are going to get the ball to. Green is the guy that will be able to sit and learn the craft of being a QB, perhaps a little slower pace than last year. If Lee were to go down, I think we'd see some Cody Green.