Depth Chart

does anyone doubt that he already knows what it is going to be, or should we believe that every position is truly open until gameday and even beyond.

I have no doubt Bo knows who it is right now at each position, because those guys are getting most of the reps as the 1st unit. I also believe that every position is subject to change.

Anyone know when Pelini is going to release the depth chart?

Nope! But I can not wait for somebody to ask him again...His face turns red and a vein starts popping out of his forehead. Hey coach could all three QB's take snaps in the opener? Pelini, "We could play 10 guys. I don't have a crystal ball." :lol:

Not only does Bo know who it is at each position, but each guy most likely knows. They're going to be practicing in their units here in game week, so they'll all have a good idea who's #1, #2, etc. I'm sure there are special packages (which we likely won't see in this game) and I'm sure there are one or two positions where a guy here or there could still move up, but 97.2% of the starting lineup is set.

I don't know if Bo will release a depth chart before the game. I'd say 50/50 either way.

Pretty sure we'll start:

QB - Lee

RB - Helu

FB - Legate

WR - Kinnie

WR - Paul

WR/TE - McNeill

I'm fairly certain Bo said he is not going to release a depth chart, and whoever lines up on Saturday will be our starters.

Personally, I think Bo is taking this too seriously. They know the depth chart by now. Maybe the quarterbacks don't, but the rest of the team knows. It's game week. You have to know. You can't keep practicing equal reps with every position now that game day is five days away.

I'm fairly certain Bo said he is not going to release a depth chart, and whoever lines up on Saturday will be our starters.

Personally, I think Bo is taking this too seriously. They know the depth chart by now. Maybe the quarterbacks don't, but the rest of the team knows. It's game week. You have to know. You can't keep practicing equal reps with every position now that game day is five days away.

this x1000

i dunno why bo has to be so weird about naming starters

this x1000

Maybe it's because he's tired of the media and obsessive message boardies harassing him about who's going to start and when. dedhoarse Who's going to start and when? How long has a thread of this sort been running? Since Jaunuary I'm pretty sure. I can tell you that if I were the head coach that depth chart would be coming out Saturday, and If it were up to me the depth chart wouldn't even be released to the media. You'd just see who plays when they march out on the field. That might teach everyone a lesson in patience. Bo's making a big deal about it? Bo's "Being weird" about it? Considering this seems to be the tought that keeps all of Husker nation up all night worrying, I wonder who it actually is who's going overboard on the topic.

btw.. Taylor Martinez either starts or plays A LOT.

Also...Thadeus Randall Starts

Also... Lavonte David Starts..

This is what Bo told me without actually saying it on the Nebraskas football show last night.

Mod Edit - Swearing belongs in the Woodshed.

this x1000

It's because he wants competition to continue all the way up until the first game. The harder the competition, the better your team will be.

However, one would assume by now that most of the starters have unofficially or officially been named. I'm sure he doesn't want to release the full depth chart because of the quarterback situation.

That said, this week they will be practicing more with the guys who they know want to be starters, including the quarterback. Bo's still a young coach and he is learning. The older he gets, the sooner he will realize that some of his decisions aren't necessarily the right ones to make.

this x1000

Maybe it's because he's tired of the media and obsessive message boardies harassing him about who's going to start and when. dedhoarse Who's going to start and when? How long has a thread of this sort been running? Since Jaunuary I'm pretty sure. I can tell you that if I were the head coach that depth chart would be coming out Saturday, and If it were up to me the depth chart wouldn't even be released to the media. You'd just see who plays when they march out on the field. That might teach everyone a lesson in patience. Bo's making a big deal about it? Bo's "Being weird" about it? Considering this seems to be the tought that keeps all of Husker nation up all night worrying, I wonder who it actually is who's going overboard on the topic.

btw.. Taylor Martinez either starts or plays A LOT.

Also...Thadeus Randall Starts

Also... Lavonte David Starts..

This is what Bo told me without actually saying it on the Nebraskas football show last night.

Mod Edit - Swearing belongs in the Woodshed.

I forgot about the praise for Lavonte David. I agree Randall starts over Stein.