Do what you want with this

I just dont understand why 9 out of 10 cant find anything positive about last night. We have an awesome year defensively last year, that didnt explode till 3-4 games in, and now we think we're too good to give up 10 (17) in the first game. I just dont get it.

Same here. People think the sky is falling. Its often forgotton that we gave 400 yards to FAU last year. Their also some new starters on defense. We the fans have gotten to the point were we demand perfection on every game and every play. Patience and letting the system work itself(see last year) has gone by the wayside.

Imagine this board if we were OU, Florida, Ole Miss or Kansas fans.

No one thinks the sky is falling. It's just more common to discuss negatives the day after the game because there's only so much you can say about the positives. We all thought Martinez's runs were great. We all put our arms up and celebrated when they happened. But what can you say about them the next day?

It is often said that a team improves the most between the first and second week. I do not think that holds true with Bo's. They normally improve week to week throughout the season.

We won the game and my guess is we will see WKU do descent this year. They have a very gutsy QB and an outstanding RB who averaged 6.6 yards a carry last year.

I think most were playing with the thought of the LB's needing help, as that experience level rises the concern from the other starters will go away.

You can take negatives from everything, but positives make the team better down the road Focus on positives and work on negatives.

Martinez was fun to watch though. But there is a lot of work before conference play needed. Bo will figure it out is my guess.

Great day to be Husker, I had my grandson with me in his Nebraska clothes for the game. It was his first game, born May 6th, and it was great. A win is win be happy, a few years back we were not so sure there would be a win no matter who we played.

I guess we forget we won't see the same ratcheted-up team we saw in the Holiday Bowl first game out.

Martinez was definitely a plus. Nice catches by Kinnie, Paul and Burkhead. Our return game was good; maybe not so great on kick/punt coverage.

DBs were great - I think they only tested Prince only once or twice. He batted that pass down near the EZ.

LBs will have issues just because of depth - but played solid considering. Careless turnovers are always a bummer.

Intensity DID falter in second half and they pushed our DL around a bit.

Every game will have good points and bad points. I have trust in this coaching staff to fix the bad stuff.

I can only assume people are looking for the negatives because of the expectations this year.

Last year, we weren't pre-season national title contenders (at least not in my book) and our expectations were not nearly as high as they have been this year. We blew out a good Arizona team in a bowl game and sat here all off season and listened while people said we had a great shot of going to the title game.

People are expecting excellence this year, and when you're expecting excellence it is easier to find what went wrong than what went right.

Again, I think we did a lot of good things last night, but nothing is wrong with looking at the things that went wrong.

I guess we forget we won't see the same ratcheted-up team we saw in the Holiday Bowl first game out.

Martinez was definitely a plus. Nice catches by Kinnie, Paul and Burkhead. Our return game was good; maybe not so great on kick/punt coverage.

DBs were great - I think they only tested Prince only once or twice. He batted that pass down near the EZ.

LBs will have issues just because of depth - but played solid considering. Careless turnovers are always a bummer.

Intensity DID falter in second half and they pushed our DL around a bit.

Every game will have good points and bad points. I have trust in this coaching staff to fix the bad stuff.

I was real impressed with LaVonte David, he had 13 tackles. I expected more from the D-Line, but it's the first game, Helu looked good. I would of liked to see wildcat, but again it's the first game don't want to give away everything you'll do this year. I'm glad Martinez looked good, more poised then I thought he would, he also handled pressure well a couple times.