Should be 7 in both polls

JTrain

We should jump over Oklahoma considering they barely held on against an awful Utah St. team. If Boise wins, we jump over VT in the Coaches for sure. If VT wins, we jump over Boise in both polls, but VT probably sneaks by us in the AP. Either way, we end up #7. Very good shot to be in the top 4-5 entering conference play.

The last time we were ranked in the top 5 was December 2, 2001... 3200 days ago.

We should jump over Oklahoma considering they barely held on against an awful Utah St. team. If Boise wins, we jump over VT in the Coaches for sure. If VT wins, we jump over Boise in both polls, but VT probably sneaks by us in the AP. Either way, we end up #7. Very good shot to be in the top 4-5 entering conference play.

i understand the importance of being highly ranked during conference play... but other than that i can't figure all the computer BS and rankings and which coach has got a boner for which team... all i go by is winning.... do that and we'll be fine

i understand the importance of being highly ranked during conference play... but other than that i can't figure all the computer BS and rankings and which coach has got a boner for which team... all i go by is winning.... do that and we'll be fine

It's just something to look at Sunday-Friday.

It's just for the fun of it. gives you something to talk about during the weeks between games.

Yeah, the one flaw with the polls, especially BCS standings, is that unless a team actually loses, polls usually don't take into effect close games. An OU game could win by 1, and we could roll by 5+ TD's, and the polls would probably remain the same. Especially with those BCS standings, because by then most top 10 teams will be playing similarly skilled opponents every week. It would probably take just a terrible team (think WKU, no offense) to nearly upset a team above us for us to move up with a win.

Yeah, the one flaw with the polls, especially BCS standings, is that unless a team actually loses, polls usually don't take into effect close games. An OU game could win by 1, and we could roll by 5+ TD's, and the polls would probably remain the same. Especially with those BCS standings, because by then most top 10 teams will be playing similarly skilled opponents every week. It would probably take just a terrible team (think WKU, no offense) to nearly upset a team above us for us to move up with a win.

An exception would be Nebraska from last year. We entered the Texas game ranked #22 in the nation, lost the game, but then entered the Holiday Bowl ranked as the #20 team in the nation.

There are hundreds of examples throughout the years of unimpressive winning teams being jumped.

There are hundreds of examples throughout the years of unimpressive winning teams being jumped.

yeah.gif

Happens all of the time, Iowa was dropped from both polls last year after an unimpressive week 1 showing.