After Game Thoughts

I am hopin that next weekend the wide receivers will come out and try to put all of the weight on their shoulders for the bad offense on third downs and in the red zone. hopefully they will help zac put up some crazy numbers against a wake defense who let a vanderbilt team, who did not look good at all last season but has some talent, power right through them...

These guys will do much better against Wake Forrest. I have faith that Callahan and Co. will do what it takes to get them ready for next weeks game.

Some of you HUSKER fans, as you call yourselves, should share the same optimism.

First game, new team trying to gel, under the night lights of Memorial Stadium, 77,000 + screaming fans and a true live defense...those of you that do all the complaining are not true fans, true fans would have faith.

All you can do is scrape off the surface what bad things transpired from this game without giving second thought to the circumstances and ability that the coaching staff has probably taken note of the same deficiencies.

I am sure all is noted and will be reviewed during next weeks practices prior to WF.

Maybe some of you should look in the mirror and ask yourselves if you are truly fans? It seems to me you want instant success.

I suppose you'd be more happy if Nebraska went 11-0 and made it to a BCS championship game? Oh wait, you'd find a reason to complain because they'd probably blow the "big one" as they did so many times in the past.

Give me a break.

so if we are disappointed or complain about the effort/results, we are suddenly not fans? give me a break.....we are simply pointing out what many feel we should not be seeing, at least to this degree, in the first game effort. so all good fans should be satisfied with the performance? if you want to be happy about the results against a non D-1A team then be happy, but the reality is this team needs lots of work, much more than was anticipated. back to fundamentals, which should have been addressed in pre season training.....that for me is where the disappointment is, and it is in the coaching, once again.......i am not saying they will not get better, but fundamentally it looks like the coaches assed up the prep for the season opener, but still not too late to correct this......i hope.

hunter

Why do people keep saying the cupboard was empty? Those Players went 10-2 under Solich.

The 3 Leading Tacklers last night were Solich Recruits

The only 2 TD's came from Solich Recruits.

Coach I am not saying that we don't have talent but when your def. tackles and def ends don't get any rotation then that means the cupboard is empty! Last year some of those guys took 70 snaps!

Thoughts:

Octavien out for the year REALLY SUCKS BIG TIME. We will see now what the defense does when one of it's best players is gone.

Taylor needs to stop throwing at people's feet. Toward the end of the game it got worse. He made one good audible, then threw the ball behind Nunn who probably would have taken in to the house on that play. It was wide open. He can do it.

The O-Line needs work. Lots. Especially in the run department. Pass protection could use some work too.

Ross needs to find a handle on the ball. That could have been two td's right there, man!

Congdon will not miss another PAT in his career.

Hardy played well, but you can't drop passes that are laid right in the bread basket. Look it in buddy.

We need Chris Brooks up to full speed.

Glad to see Lucky got some carries.

Glad to see B. Jackson was back seemingly in full force.

Nunn should be returning punts. Why juke the whole return team when you can just run by them to the outside.

T. Green had a few good plays at CB.

That's all I have for now..

i agree, should have given Glenn the ball.......wonder what the hell happened to Taylor?

hunter

I 'm sure th staff wanted to, but couldn't get enough points on the board to empty the bench

They shouldnt have to empty the bench but when Ross is sucking it up, Jackson and Lucky are both getting some carries...why not let your biggest and strongest back run the ball.

I thought our cb's weren't very impressive. Especially Grixby. When the qb had time to throw the just kept throwing 8-10 yd outs towards grixby. Our pass defense over the middle was good though. Our outside needs some work.

Running game sucked. Taylor showed some good signs, also made a few bad decisions.

I thought hardy was a burner. How did he get run down on his long pass play. That ball was thrown perfectly, he caught it in stride and had a step on his man. Great play, but should have been a td.

Impressed with the lack of penalties, but Turnovers Turnovers Turnovers. 5 in one game. 2 fumbles by Ross. That is unacceptable from a captain.

Play calling was horrible. Why does he call the crap he does. Run in obvious passing situations and throw in obvious running situations. 1st and goal from the 1. Run the Damn ball.

Red zone offense was pathetic. 1 offensive touchdown, which came after special teams ran the ball to the 1. 4 FG's congdon looked good, but missed his PAT Hopefully that is the last one.

One last thing, that instant replay system is terrible. Nunn fumbled the ball, and the maine QB didn't have his Arm going forward. Take one touchdown away from the offense. Chalk up another touchdown for the defense. It should have been 0 td's for the offense and 12 points on fg's. 13 points for the defense.

Looks like shades of 03 when the D carried the team. The offense has to improve and keep the defense off the field so much.

I thought our cb's weren't very impressive. Especially Grixby. When the qb had time to throw the just kept throwing 8-10 yd outs towards grixby. Our pass defense over the middle was good though. Our outside needs some work.

Just curios besides the long ball on Wilson. How many yards did we give up through the air? That's right 99. That's not to bad if you ask me.

I did not expect a great game from Nebraska this weekend. I expected a well played game with breakdowns along the way. I expected to handle Maine by the end of the first half at the worst. I expected many freshman to play, which quite a few did, but to have to put the starters back in to save a game against a 5-6 division 1aa team was the farthest thing from my mind. We have major problems. If we played Texas last nite, god only knows if BC would be alive today.

I thought our cb's weren't very impressive.  Especially Grixby.

Thats because NU has the worst CB coach in the country.

Taylor showed some good signs, also made a few bad decisions. 

Guess it wasnt just Dailey and the other guy that played against Tech that sucked. Wonder why????

I thought hardy was a burner.  How did he get run down on his long pass play.  That ball was thrown perfectly, he caught it in stride and had a step on his man.  Great play, but should have been a td. 

:yeah

Impressed with the lack of penalties

One good sign, but Im sure that will change :wacko:

Play calling was horrible.  Why does he call the crap he does.  Run in obvious passing situations and throw in obvious running situations.  1st and goal from the 1.  Run the Damn ball. 

Red zone offense was pathetic

Thats because through all of the BS we've been fed about how great of a coach billy c is and "How bad he wants to win" his biggest motivation is proving that HIS system is great, so that he can show that HE is great, which aint gonna happen.

billy c doesnt coach for his team (that was obvious last year), he coaches for himself.

What was the name of this thread?? What were the positives..........

I thought our cb's weren't very impressive.  Especially Grixby.

Thats because NU has the worst CB coach in the country.

Taylor showed some good signs, also made a few bad decisions. 

Guess it wasnt just Dailey and the other guy that played against Tech that sucked. Wonder why????

I thought hardy was a burner.  How did he get run down on his long pass play.  That ball was thrown perfectly, he caught it in stride and had a step on his man.  Great play, but should have been a td. 

Impressed with the lack of penalties

One good sign, but Im sure that will change 

Play calling was horrible.  Why does he call the crap he does.  Run in obvious passing situations and throw in obvious running situations.  1st and goal from the 1.  Run the Damn ball. 

Red zone offense was pathetic

Thats because through all of the BS we've been fed about how great of a coach billy c is and "How bad he wants to win" his biggest motivation is proving that HIS system is great, so that he can show that HE is great, which aint gonna happen.

billy c doesnt coach for his team (that was obvious last year), he coaches for himself.

Good positives about the game dude!

maybe thats the vibe i get from him, he just doesnt seem real popular amongst some of his former players too, hope im wrong, hope im confusing confidence with arrogance. im with ya on last year though, seems like he gave up on winning and just wanted to try to build for the future, dont think that was right for the seniors IMO. hopefully if things start going sour this year its not a repeat of last. honestly i hope we're all wrong about BC and he makes a major impact here, but i do have my doubts about him being the man to lead the husker nation back to the top.