I dont believe the washington game will tell us that much..

You guys do not have the caliber of players needed to stop an improved running game that was enough to move the ball solidly on a much better VTech front 7. Between our two workhorse backs (because we don't need to get 10-yard runs to win this) and our big-play threat in the QB...

I'm not so sure that our ground game is that much improved at this point. In 2 games against poor defenses, most of our td's have come on big plays, and we have not really had many sustained drives for td's. We'll see.

You guys do not have the caliber of players needed to stop an improved running game that was enough to move the ball solidly on a much better VTech front 7. Between our two workhorse backs (because we don't need to get 10-yard runs to win this) and our big-play threat in the QB...

I'm not so sure that our ground game is that much improved at this point. In 2 games against poor defenses, most of our td's have come on big plays, and we have not really had many sustained drives for td's. We'll see.

Now that we have T-Mart and a healthy Helu and Burkhead our running game is definitely improved. We'll have to see just how much improved they are though.

At this point the only way to gain yards on our defense is to run right at them when Stein and Crick are off the field. You can't throw outside the hashes because we have two great CBs, you can't throw deep because of how good our secondary is, you cant try to gain yards on the outside because we are just flat out too fast. The only way to do be successful is if you run right at our 2nd/3rd string DTs.

Do I understand correctly that against Idaho, your offense scored 24 points, with two pick sixes to make 38? 24 points against Idaho? In Lincoln? Really? I guarantee you Washington's defense, while not stellar, is light years ahead of Idaho. You'll be in a hostile stadium with a QB making his first career start on the road? How many points does that translate into against a superior team on the road? So the onus will be on your D to basically shut down Washington. From what I hear, Nebraska has a lights out D, so maybe it is possible. I think this is a three point game going into the 4th, and the last team with the ball could win it.

im sorry, are we playing the huskies or the seahawks this weekend? i guess i just dont get the spread (well, i do get the spread, but not for strictly football reasons), or worry of a team that is in complete rebuild mode, and just 2 years ago didnt even win a single game. I simply Bo and Co are read for this matchup, will be lights out, especially on D and special teams. Whether or not we deserve our top 10 ranking, the fact is this is a husky squad that is overmatched in pretty much every area.

Edit: Idaho was a bowl team last year as well. A winning one.

Do I understand correctly that against Idaho, your offense scored 24 points, with two pick sixes to make 38? 24 points against Idaho? In Lincoln? Really? I guarantee you Washington's defense, while not stellar, is light years ahead of Idaho. You'll be in a hostile stadium with a QB making his first career start on the road? How many points does that translate into against a superior team on the road? So the onus will be on your D to basically shut down Washington. From what I hear, Nebraska has a lights out D, so maybe it is possible. I think this is a three point game going into the 4th, and the last team with the ball could win it.

do i understand correctly that against BYU, your team lost 23-17, and BYU lost to air force the next week 35-14. 17 points against a team that gave up 35 to air force? really. i guarantee you the blackshirts, while stellar, is light years ahead of byu. you'll be facing hostile, lock-down cb's with an offense that can only throw. how many points does that translate into against a superior team? so the onus will be on your defense to stop our explosive running offensive, which can throw if it must. from what i hear, washington has a heisman-potential qb, so maybe it is possible. i think we win by at least 17, and we will be the team with the ball last, taking a knee.

we had stupid turnovers in the redzone...it seems to be a reaccurring theme with nebraska

We tooled around fumbling on trick-play wildcat WR plays rather than getting down to business. There is a reason you schedule the Idaho's of the world. You run some looks against them to see how your team is reacting, the playmakers stepping up. We will settle into a more defined offense against Washington and manage the clock for a victory. Your arguments use only the points statistics in your favor. That is destined to failure. You should look at sustained drives against our defense and the number of sustained drives you have put together. This might give you a better indication of what we're looking at. Also, consider the length of drives we have been putting together. It's not like we're 3 and outting all the time like last year.

We tooled around fumbling on trick-play wildcat WR plays rather than getting down to business. There is a reason you schedule the Idaho's of the world. You run some looks against them to see how your team is reacting, the playmakers stepping up. We will settle into a more defined offense against Washington and manage the clock for a victory. Your arguments use only the points statistics in your favor. That is destined to failure. You should look at sustained drives against our defense and the number of sustained drives you have put together. This might give you a better indication of what we're looking at. Also, consider the length of drives we have been putting together. It's not like we're 3 and outting all the time like last year.

Yep. This year it's more like one & ........"gone".

im really tired of the jake locker superman talk.

his passing is mildly impressive, sure. but for all the talk about him being this dual-threat machine, his rushing leaves something to be desired. also, its not like he's been playing against one of the countries top D's so far.

2010 passing: 42/70 555 yds, 5 tds 0 ints

2010 rushing: 16 attempts, 41 yards, 1 td. 2.6 ypc.

frankly, we'll see qbs throughout the big 12 this year that are every bit as good or better, imho.

yup.

for a super qb, he has lost plenty of games.

beating washington with Locker is no big deal. lots of teams have done it.

Edit: Idaho was a bowl team last year as well. A winning one.

For what it's worth, we blew that bowl team out of our stadium last year and did it while not playing very well, just after a disappointing close loss to LSU the week before. On paper you should win this game, but I would be shocked if it's an easy victory. Of course I hope for the win ;)