Locker as fast as Martinez

I fully expect him to break off a couple of runs against us this week.

I hope for his sake (and safety) he runs for the sideline or slides at the end of the run. There are way too many defenders ready to put the smack-down on a QB.

Totally agree, but I'll bet he doesn't the first time. That'll be enough to teach him the wisdom of the slide, but he'll have to learn as he goes.

Colt McCoy didn't think our defense was that good. It took him playing us head-to-head to realize it. Locker is another cut from the same mold.

Locker is def a threat throwing or running. I think coverage sacks will be huge. That vid clearly shows what Locker is capable of doing. Escapability (is that a word?) and getting down field in a hurry. This is a huge test for the Huskers. He will be the best QB we face on the schedule IMO.

I like TM's immediate burst, shiftyness, can shed a tackle, and incredible open field running ability. If he gets into an open area its pretty hard to catch him for sure.

Here are the only "who's faster" questions that are going to matter this Saturday:

Who's faster, Jake Locker, or the Blackshirts?

Who's faster, Taylor Martinez or UDub's defense?

exactly.

maybe they could line the qbs up at halftime and race for pinks.

Here are the only "who's faster" questions that are going to matter this Saturday:

Who's faster, Jake Locker, or the Blackshirts?

Who's faster, Taylor Martinez or UDub's defense?

:yeah

And one more. Who’s faster, Ricky Thenarse closing in on WR Jermaine Kearse for the hit? Or the trainer running out on the field with smelling salts?

Nebraska has to win this game. Look at it this way. There are people out there who are putting us in the same category as some of the most explosive programs in the nation. BYU does not rank among those teams, yet the Cougars beat Washington and followed that with a loss to AIR FORCE. The T-Mart vs. Locker thing not withstanding, NU must find a way to win. If we should lose, well, I think a lot of other games on the schedule become a lot more interesting. I am not saying NU has to dominate or something. It's a road game and the first such contest for our talented QB. Win, that is all. Then we can move on and have hope that our season goal of a conference title and BCS game is still reasonable.

the program is improving, i just have thoughts that we are 2 or 3 yrs away from being what i would like to see ..

Jake is plenty shifty and can make people miss. I will say your boy has a very nice burst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMfiq9CXss8

I was just going to post that bowldawg. Some of the Husker fans said he is not fast enough to be a true dual-threat QB, which is just total nonsense. They must have never watched him play before.

Here is his 2009 video:

Jake is plenty shifty and can make people miss. I will say your boy has a very nice burst.

I was just going to post that bowldawg. Some of the Husker fans said he is not fast enough to be a true dual-threat QB, which is just total nonsense. They must have never watched him play before.

I think locker will get his yards but the huskers normally bend but don't break. We will see alot O in this game and hope the husker can control the ball and the clock chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle