Sellout Streak

Isnt that what a sellout is, every seat full. Inevitably there are going to be people that INTENDED on going to the game that something came up last minute and then the tickets are going to waste. But if a ticket broker ends up with 100 tickets unsold to SDSU is that a sellout? not in my mind

NO. Please read the following statements slowly...... If every seat is full, a stadium is filled to maximum capacity. If every ticket is sold (regardless of how many ticketholders show up), its a sellout......

It all comes down to your definition of a sell out. Mine means every seat full..not tickets sold and thrown away. Thats my definition. Under your defintion of the work sell out. North dakota state could sell out 300 times if one person bought all the tickets and tried to sell them on his own for profit, if he doesnt sell them all hey its still a sellout.

Im sorry it doesnt make any sense to me.

The definition of a word is not the matter of opinion. Man I didn't think it would come to this.

: To get rid of all one's merchandise

Isnt that what a sellout is, every seat full. Inevitably there are going to be people that INTENDED on going to the game that something came up last minute and then the tickets are going to waste. But if a ticket broker ends up with 100 tickets unsold to SDSU is that a sellout? not in my mind

NO. Please read the following statements slowly...... If every seat is full, a stadium is filled to maximum capacity. If every ticket is sold (regardless of how many ticketholders show up), its a sellout......

It all comes down to your definition of a sell out. Mine means every seat full..not tickets sold and thrown away. Thats my definition. Under your defintion of the work sell out. North dakota state could sell out 300 times if one person bought all the tickets and tried to sell them on his own for profit, if he doesnt sell them all hey its still a sellout.

Im sorry it doesnt make any sense to me.

You understand what the word "sell" is, yes? And "out"? It's not called an attendance-out.

No an opinion... fact

Its not a fact...if someone purchases a mass amount of tickets with the idea to sell them for a profit and doesnt sell them...those tickets are "technically" un sold im my mind....those tickets wouldnt have been purchased. See you guys wont listen to what im saying. I understand they are "considered" sold...but they arent sold to a person intending on taking their family. You have to allow a few tickets to be considered wasted like i said...things come up. But they were intending on being in those seats.

No matter what some may think i have a legit arguement. IN MY OPINION (caps to show emphasis) that is not a true sellout...obviously..but thats my opinion. Interesting to see it works that way. Either way Go Big Red. :koolaid2:

What would we need for a true sellout?

For a "ticket broker" not to have 50 tickets in his hand while the game is being played...i love my huskers like you guys do but being a newer fan a comment like all tickets are sold and only 50000 show up is not a sellout IMO especially if the ticket brokers cant sell their tickets to lowly SDSU.

Lord almighty. This comment deserves a huge :facepalm: . This has been covered numerous times in this thread. Selling all the tickets to a game is a sellout. The ticket broker bought those tickets (meaning they were sold to him). The seats are empty because ticketholders didn't show up, but they still bought the tickets leading to another sellout.

I understand you opinion, but thats just my opinion i dont beleive its a sellout when a middle man "ticket broker" cant sell all of his tickets...it means there wasnt a high enough demand for the game and those tickets would have been sold to a normal fan wanting to go to the game. Your agruement makes sense to me but im sorry i dont see it that way. Its my opinion is all.

So even though UNL has SOLD the ticket, and that person passed it on to a broker, who cannot sell it, the game is no longer sold out? Even though you cannot go to the ticket window and buy one from UNL (sorry SOLD OUT) the game is NOT sold out? So in your mind if a season ticket holder from Scottsbluff, gets in a car wreck on the way to the game and cant make it, the game is no longer sold out (assuming all other tickets are sold, and all have shown up).... Sorry buddy, but even for Texas there will be someone who cant make it at the last moment, and none of our games have been sold out....

Its not a fact...if someone purchases a mass amount of tickets with the idea to sell them for a profit and doesnt sell them...those tickets are "technically" un sold im my mind....those tickets wouldnt have been purchased. See you guys wont listen to what im saying. I understand they are "considered" sold...but they arent sold to a person intending on taking their family. You have to allow a few tickets to be considered wasted like i said...things come up. But they were intending on being in those seats.

Now you're just getting ridiculous. It's been explained to you how this works. You acknowledge that the tickets were sold. That's it. End of story. Bye-bye. See ya later.

Guys i understand what you are saying, your not getting MY point...i know that once the athletic department is out of tickets "they" consider that a sellout....I DO NOT..its as simple as that. One person shouldnt be allowed to purchase as many tickets as it takes to sellout a game and then take pride that we have the best attendence ever.

Guys i understand what you are saying, your not getting MY point...i know that once the athletic department is out of tickets "they" consider that a sellout....I DO NOT..its as simple as that. One person shouldnt be allowed to purchase as many tickets as it takes to sellout a game and then take pride that we have the best attendence ever.

We get your point, man. It's not rocket science here. You're saying that you don't see it as a sellout. We're all saying you're wrong.

Here's a visual for you:

The people who think a sellout means that the University sold all the tickets available for the game:

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

The person who thinks that every seat must be filled for it to be a sellout:

:ahhhhhhhh

• Fire 1

it is! at least when you are talking about sell-out streaks. that means the tickets have been bought. do you think there are scalpers to minnesota or syracuse football games? no, because people can just buy them from the athletic department.

:yeah see, if the athletic department still has tickets, then, and only then, it is not a sellout.

We get your point, man. It's not rocket science here. You're saying that you don't see it as a sellout. We're all saying you're wrong.

Here's a visual for you:

The people who think a sellout means that the University sold all the tickets available for the game:

The person who thinks that every seat must be filled for it to be a sellout:

:ahhhhhhhh

Yep im running around going crazy...yep im sure im the only one that feels that way because 10 guys on here dont agree or cant see my point. People i understand that its a sellout i get it. I get everything that comes with it.

Plain and simple if it wasnt for scalpers we wouldnt have the steak. If scalping was actually enforced we wouldnt sell out. Sorry.

No matter what some may think i have a legit arguement. IN MY OPINION (caps to show emphasis) that is not a true sellout...obviously..but thats my opinion. Interesting to see it works that way. Either way Go Big Red. :koolaid2:

What would we need for a true sellout?

For a "ticket broker" not to have 50 tickets in his hand while the game is being played...i love my huskers like you guys do but being a newer fan a comment like all tickets are sold and only 50000 show up is not a sellout IMO especially if the ticket brokers cant sell their tickets to lowly SDSU.

Lord almighty. This comment deserves a huge :facepalm: . This has been covered numerous times in this thread. Selling all the tickets to a game is a sellout. The ticket broker bought those tickets (meaning they were sold to him). The seats are empty because ticketholders didn't show up, but they still bought the tickets leading to another sellout.

I understand you opinion, but thats just my opinion i dont beleive its a sellout when a middle man "ticket broker" cant sell all of his tickets...it means there wasnt a high enough demand for the game and those tickets would have been sold to a normal fan wanting to go to the game. Your agruement makes sense to me but im sorry i dont see it that way. Its my opinion is all.

So even though UNL has SOLD the ticket, and that person passed it on to a broker, who cannot sell it, the game is no longer sold out? Even though you cannot go to the ticket window and buy one from UNL (sorry SOLD OUT) the game is NOT sold out? So in your mind if a season ticket holder from Scottsbluff, gets in a car wreck on the way to the game and cant make it, the game is no longer sold out (assuming all other tickets are sold, and all have shown up).... Sorry buddy, but even for Texas there will be someone who cant make it at the last moment, and none of our games have been sold out....

No its not. If someone goes up to the window and it says sold out its because Julio down the street has 50 of them and you have to track him down. Whos to say enough people would have purchased these tickets, how do you know how many tickets the sclapers have left over....how do you. they have intenet to sell them not go to the game...big difference. And if the guy gets in a wreck going to a game he had intenet to go to the game NOT SELL THEM...if you have 100 tickets for sale you are selling for the athletic department illegally and you dont sell those ...is it still a sellout?...give me a break