Sellout Streak

could our sellout streak be in Jeopardy?

i obviosuly know that the games will be sold out and our streak will not end

How is this obvious from your first post?

And nobody is in meltdown mode, just because we are shooting down your sellout streak thoughts doesn't mean anybody is freaking out. Is this like the new internet message board defense mechanism? I know I messed up so I will just play it off like they misunderstood me and laugh at them, claiming they are freaking out to save face?

Yep just like everyone shot me down when i said Taylor looks like he is going to be the starter a full week before the first game. I dont know if you were one of em ..i dont really care...but alot of guys gave me a hard time for saying that as well. Whos to stop the NCAA from coming in and saying whoa wait a second you had 5000 seats that no one was sitting in...Where are the tickets?

The point of a message board is for discussion and disagreement. You have to expect it that people will shot you down or disagree with you at some point. Nobody knew who the starter would be, so you saying it would be Martinez a full week before the game...of course people are going to question you about it.

Well im sorry then if i misunderstood...it seemd like i was being attacked and went into defensive mode. My initial post wasnt very clear (this is my first topic)...but it wasnt what i was trying to say at all. My question above is can the NCAA do that and end our sell out streak?

Can they NCAA do what?

The only reason the NCAA would get involved is if they thought players were illegal scalping tickets or something like that. I really don't think the NCAA cares about what we're selling our tickets for or anything like that, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding you.

My question above is can the NCAA do that and end our sell out streak?

I don't think the NCAA is the arbiter of this record. Maybe they are... not sure.

The only thing anyone cares about is if the tickets are sold. We've had pretty empty stadiums in the past ten years, especially during the Callahan era, but the tickets were still sold, so they counted. If they sold 85,000 tickets and only 10,000 showed up to watch, they'd still count it for the "sellout streak."

Seems like i have been wanting to post this a lot lately...

Thread-deleted.gif

yep you know all...i shall bow at your knees great and powerful god

They say there are no stupid questions but when your dealing with the great and all mighty NE football fans all questions are stupid and how dare you even say it may end...only when the sun never rises in the morning will it end

and ZAC LEE IS OUR STARTER PERIOD....RIGHT?

mature... You obviously follow my opinions and comments quite closely.

Yes this thread about wondering if our sellout streak will end for a game that has already sold out is not stupid, you are correct...

No i dont follow your posts closly. It was an easy ASSumption because all you know it all husker fans said the same thing....LEE IS OUR STARTER PERIOD DONT YOU QUESTION ME I KNOW EVERYTHING.

Obviosuly the game will be sold out...will people actually buy the tickets that are already "sold" is another question....again im not stupid i understand that...i should have never mentioned END AND SELLOUT STREAK in the same sentence...you guys are too easy to get riled up. Calm down.

Alrite, its really stupid to argue over something so little. Dude, your not stupid. Nobody on here thinks your stupid. Every game this year is sold out already do to season ticket holders. If they sell their tickets to others it does not affect the sellout streak because the athletic dept. has already sold them. And to answer the bolded part: maybe, maybe not. That's why total attendance to each game is different. The Idaho game was 86,800ish. Some games are 84-85K. Just depends. But in all honesty, nobody was trying to make you feel bad, they were just making jokes to get laughs. At least my intentions were to get laughs. Sorry.

Well im sorry then if i misunderstood...it seemd like i was being attacked and went into defensive mode. My initial post wasnt very clear (this is my first topic)...but it wasnt what i was trying to say at all. My question above is can the NCAA do that and end our sell out streak?

As long as the Univ. sells the tickets, I don't think so. And especially with all the other crap going on with investigations...Nebraska's sellout streak is the last of their concern :LOLtartar

Not playing semantics, but there's a difference between a "sell-out" streak and a stadium at full capacity. Any team out there can "sell-out" all of their tickets for each game. Doesn't mean however, the stadium will be filled to capacity each time.

EDIT: Knapp covered it as well before me

Can they NCAA do what?

The only reason the NCAA would get involved is if they thought players were illegal scalping tickets or something like that. I really don't think the NCAA cares about what we're selling our tickets for or anything like that, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding you.

Ok so your saying its our sellout streak based off our numbers and no one will question it? Honest question...i honestly dont know how that works...Only became a big time NE fan a few years ago when i moved from SD so go easy on me fellas.

If we play really well on both sides of the ball and beat up on Washington, could our sellout streak be in Jeopardy? With ticket prices to the SDSU game being crazy high (especially when you can probably watch a home game @SDSU for 20$)are people going to spend money with Confrence games coming up and Texas coming to town soon. I highly doubt it but you never know.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

If we play really well on both sides of the ball and beat up on Washington, could our sellout streak be in Jeopardy? With ticket prices to the SDSU game being crazy high (especially when you can probably watch a home game @SDSU for 20$)are people going to spend money with Confrence games coming up and Texas coming to town soon. I highly doubt it but you never know.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

Your not helping here corncraze!

My question above is can the NCAA do that and end our sell out streak?

I don't think the NCAA is the arbiter of this record. Maybe they are... not sure.

The only thing anyone cares about is if the tickets are sold. We've had pretty empty stadiums in the past ten years, especially during the Callahan era, but the tickets were still sold, so they counted. If they sold 85,000 tickets and only 10,000 showed up to watch, they'd still count it for the "sellout streak."

Thanks, that explains alot. I kinda thought it had to be offical. I know the scalpers have the tickets and are considered sold out but i was thinking if the scalpers didnt sell the tickets then someone would come down on us Reggie Bush style.

yep another know it all go figure...rip on a guy because he doesnt know how the sellout streak works.....thanks

Can they NCAA do what?

Ok so your saying its our sellout streak based off our numbers and no one will question it? Honest question...i honestly dont know how that works...Only became a big time NE fan a few years ago when i moved from SD so go easy on me fellas.

My point is what knapplc eluded to, which is I don't think NCAA is the arbiter of this record. Sure, it's an "NCAA record", but I think the NCAA just keeps track of who sells out their stadium and who doesn't going by what the school reports. As long as Nebraska has sold every ticket, they tell this to the NCAA and the NCAA adds another one onto the record.

yep another know it all go figure...rip on a guy because he doesnt know how the sellout streak works.....thanks

Relax man. If there's one thing you have to have on this board, it's thick skin.

• Fire 1

Here we go again. I'm just going to stay out of this thread

:snacks:

Relax man. If there's one thing you have to have on this board, it's thick skin.

i guess geez