Sellout Streak

No matter what some may think i have a legit arguement. IN MY OPINION (caps to show emphasis) that is not a true sellout...obviously..but thats my opinion. Interesting to see it works that way. Either way Go Big Red. :koolaid2:

What would we need for a true sellout?

I'm going to assume he wants everyone with a ticket to show up for the game. If that's the case, the list of sellout streaks is probably non-existent. Notre Dame is 2nd to us in consecutive sellouts and I'm pretty sure they haven't had every ticket holder show up to every game during that streak. That's unrealistic.

Regardless, its a SELLOUT STREAK, not a fill your stadium to maximum capacity streak......

Isnt that what a sellout is, every seat some. Inevitably there are going to be people that INTENDED on going to the game that something came up last minute and then the tickets are going to waste. But if i ticket broker ends up with 100 tickets unsold to SDSU is that a sellout? not in my mind

No matter what some may think i have a legit arguement. IN MY OPINION (caps to show emphasis) that is not a true sellout...obviously..but thats my opinion. Interesting to see it works that way. Either way Go Big Red. :koolaid2:

For a "ticket broker" not to have 50 tickets in his hand while the game is being played...i love my huskers like you guys do but being a newer fan a comment like all tickets are sold and only 50000 show up is not a sellout IMO especially if the ticket brokers cant sell their tickets to lowly SDSU.

So, lets say a ticket broker is a ND fan and wants his team to get the sell out streak, so he buys and hangs on to 50 tickets???

the crowds are still huge at Memorial, the visitor section is the only one lacking and that isnt our fault there fans arent diehard.

If the University sells all the tickets, then that is a sell out. If people decide not to use them, that isnt the athletic departments fault.

For a "ticket broker" not to have 50 tickets in his hand while the game is being played...i love my huskers like you guys do but being a newer fan a comment like all tickets are sold and only 50000 show up is not a sellout IMO especially if the ticket brokers cant sell their tickets to lowly SDSU.

Completely unrealistic. You cannot control who sells and resells your tickets after they've left your hands.

You show me a game where we only had 50,000 show up and I'll lend your argument some credence.

Lord almighty. This comment deserves a huge :facepalm: . This has been covered numerous times in this thread. Selling all the tickets to a game is a sellout. The ticket broker bought those tickets (meaning they were sold to him). The seats are empty because ticketholders didn't show up, but they still bought the tickets leading to another sellout.

Isnt that what a sellout is, every seat some. Inevitably there are going to be people that INTENDED on going to the game that something came up last minute and then the tickets are going to waste. But if i ticket broker ends up with 100 tickets unsold to SDSU is that a sellout? not in my mind

You are misunderstanding what a sellout means. A sellout means that the original provider of the tickets sold every one of them. That's what this sellout streak measures - and has always measured - at Nebraska and every other venue in America.

Nebraska Athletics allots 85,000-ish tickets for a game. Every one of them is sold. That's a sellout.

After those tickets are sold, if they are resold to a scalper, that's not the University's problem. The NCAA would never, ever, ever come down on Nebraska in that circumstance.

You show me a game where we only had 50,000 show up and I'll lend your argument some credence.

Even in 2007 when Husker fans were grumbling and there was talk of the streak ending, you could look out at the crowd and not see any gaps in the fans. It would take a couple of sub .500 years to end the streak.

Isnt that what a sellout is, every seat full. Inevitably there are going to be people that INTENDED on going to the game that something came up last minute and then the tickets are going to waste. But if a ticket broker ends up with 100 tickets unsold to SDSU is that a sellout? not in my mind

NO. Please read the following statements slowly...... If every seat is full, a stadium is filled to maximum capacity. If every ticket is sold (regardless of how many ticketholders show up), its a sellout......

Lord almighty. This comment deserves a huge :facepalm: . This has been covered numerous times in this thread. Selling all the tickets to a game is a sellout. The ticket broker bought those tickets (meaning they were sold to him). The seats are empty because ticketholders didn't show up, but they still bought the tickets leading to another sellout.

I understand you

I understand you opinion, but thats just my opinion i dont beleive its a sellout when a middle man "ticket broker" cant sell all of his tickets...it means there wasnt a high enough demand for the game and those tickets would have been sold to a normal fan wanting to go to the game. Your agruement makes sense to me but im sorry i dont see it that way. Its my opinion is all.

You're welcome to the opinion that the sun rises in the West as well. Doesn't make it true. ;)

Isnt that what a sellout is, every seat full. Inevitably there are going to be people that INTENDED on going to the game that something came up last minute and then the tickets are going to waste. But if a ticket broker ends up with 100 tickets unsold to SDSU is that a sellout? not in my mind

NO. Please read the following statements slowly...... If every seat is full, a stadium is filled to maximum capacity. If every ticket is sold (regardless of how many ticketholders show up), its a sellout......

No an opinion... fact

It all comes down to your definition of a sell out. Mine means every seat full..not tickets sold and thrown away. Thats my definition. Under your defintion of the work sell out. North dakota state could sell out 300 times if one person bought all the tickets and tried to sell them on his own for profit, if he doesnt sell them all hey its still a sellout.

Im sorry it doesnt make any sense to me.