Dear Negative Nellies

macroboy

hmmm...

I'm still a little concerned about defending a strong running attack. We got so far out in front of UW that they abandoned their game, but they had that one drive where they just shoved it down our throats in the first half.

But, at this point, that's all I'm concerned about... Would be a little more comfortable if we stopped with the fumbles, but it was much more solid than last week.

People that are worried about a strong running attack need to realize that when NU plays a team like that, that NU will plan to defend it.

Look, I have coached football for 10 years now and when we play a spread team, we prepare for that and change things. When we play a power running running team, we prepare for that and change things.

My guess is that for a power running team like say, Kstate, we might see 5 Dlinemen in the game, with two linebackers and 5 DBs.

People that are worried about a strong running attack need to realize that when NU plays a team like that, that NU will plan to defend it.

Look, I have coached football for 10 years now and when we play a spread team, we prepare for that and change things. When we play a power running running team, we prepare for that and change things.

My guess is that for a power running team like say, Kstate, we might see 5 Dlinemen in the game, with two linebackers and 5 DBs.

I hope not or we would get a lot of flags for 12 men on the field