Dead Memorial Stadium

NUpolo8

I guess I was not as dissapointed in NU as most here were, after all, a win is a win with this team, and I would like to know what was so promising about the end of last year that gave everyone such high goddamn expectaions this year? Please guys, if you wanted that score to be 63 to whatever, you should have stayed home, cracked a PBR and queued up your PS2, because that was the only place where that was gonna happen.

That leads to this, I sat in perhaps the worst section near the worst NU fans I have ever been around at that game. I was being yelled at to sit down on the first play from scrimmage, and they only stood up for the GODDAMN BAND AT HALFTIME! If only the students are going to get fired up for the game, and then throw it in as a crowd when we aren;t rushing for 310 yards at the half, then a lot more is wrong with this program then the people running it. The horrible crown and my genera shock at seeing how fat some of my friends have gotten were the worst part of it for me.

As for the game, I thought every skill position in general looked better. Except for Ross. Seriously, if the line is going to be that bad, then Ross' bowling ball style running is not going to cut it. Put a slasher like Lucky in there. That guy is so good we are likely only to get 3 years out of him anyway, lets use him. Hardee is crazy fast and has good hands, Taylor throws a good ball. Its been a long time since we;ve had those three tools, give it some more time.

I was going to write this up in my HQW, but now is as good a time. One of the worst crowds ever!!! This has become quite a lingering problem for me. I noticed the last couple years sporadically, but now it's frequency is rising ...fast. Where I sat in the Southwest corner was absolutely pathetic. The fans did sh#t. I tried to yell or clap on a third down situation to help the defense, and I was told to settle down because I was hurting the girls ear in front of me. The team was going in for a potential touchdown and I stood up with many others and was being tugged on by the person behind me to sit down. Nobody, exept a few fans here and there, did or said a damn thing. I don't know what it was, and I don't care what the problem might be, but the anticipation for the first damn game of the year should have been more than enough. I don't care how poorly the offense looked, or the fumbles, but we only get 6 or 7 games a year and we have to make the most of them. Please stay home if you don't like noise.

Now, I must admit the student section went above and beyond the call of duty. They were magnificent. Loud, obnoxious and did I say loud. Thank you to them for bringin it.

Folks there were some times it was so quite, I could hear the coaches on the sideline yelling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad crowd indeed.

I was going to write this up in my HQW, but now is as good a time. One of the worst crowds ever!!! This has become quite a lingering problem for me. I noticed the last couple years sporadically, but now it's frequency is rising ...fast. Where I sat in the Southwest corner was absolutely pathetic. The fans did sh#t. I tried to yell or clap on a third down situation to help the defense, and I was told to settle down because I was hurting the girls ear in front of me. The team was going in for a potential touchdown and I stood up with many others and was being tugged on by the person behind me to sit down. Nobody, exept a few fans here and there, did or said a damn thing. I don't know what it was, and I don't care what the problem might be, but the anticipation for the first damn game of the year should have been more than enough. I don't care how poorly the offense looked, or the fumbles, but we only get 6 or 7 games a year and we have to make the most of them. Please stay home if you don't like noise.

Now, I must admit the student section went above and beyond the call of duty. They were magnificent. Loud, obnoxious and did I say loud. Thank you to them for bringin it.

Folks there were some times it was so quite, I could hear the coaches on the sideline yelling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad crowd indeed.

I have to agree with Eric. My shirt got tugged on as well to sit down. You didn't tell me that someone actually told you to shut up.

DON'T GO TO THE GAME IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE LOUD. I don't care how old you are or how big your nose is. The dude behind me quite possibly had the biggest schnoz I have ever seen.

could not agree more, the crowd has really been lackluster. Being told to sit at the first play of the line of scrimmage is ridiculous. If my fat ass can stand the whole game why can't other people.

I was dissappointed in the game and maybe my expectations are high, but so are my expectations for the crowd. I was there with my friends that all put in at least an 8 hour trip to memorial stadium. I better be allowed to stand and yell, if I want to seet I will stay home with my couch and banana splits.

I noticed similar patterns last season, and was hoping that it was limited to just "that section" - which was dominated by "older folk". Now I do understand that many older people have problems with standing for extended periods of time, but I feel that just as people who stand dont have the right to yell at people sitting down to STAND UP - people sitting down certainly dont have a right to "yank people down" or whine at excited fans to SIT DOWN SIT DOWN. Thats just sad. Heck Im sure those are the same people who walk around with their chests out taking pride & credit for how "loud & passionate" Husker fans are at Memorial Stadium. Cant have it both ways people.

I will say that I certainly dont have a problem with older people going to the game - hell most of those red blazers are the envy of the student section - and I greatly respect what they have endured and contributed to the program, but I adamantly agree with the others - noise WILL occur at football games, and is highly recommended - AND, obstructions may also occur as a result of a thing called "PRIDE & GLORY". Its a good thing folks.

I stated awhile back that I attended the game in Lubbock last year and the Holiday Bowl in San Diego. I truly enjoyed my time with the Raider fans. It was like going back to our early teams. With Bob and Tom on the sidelines. Everyone wanted to win but did not expect or demand to win every game. They really appriciate their team. They stood the whole game and cheered and yelled their guns up from start to finish. It was like being at a Nebraska game in the late 60's through the early 70's. We have become spoiled in our expectations, when they are not met we seem to be embarassed or something.

I have stated many times, that Nebraska is not that intimidating of a place to play in. We seem to be a very quite crowd compared to other places I have been. It seems we only really get up for Oklahoma as most of the old timers (Me damit) still feel they are the team to beat for credibility I guess.

In honesty I am getting tired of the best fans in college football tag. I want the teams to know they will not hear for a week after they leave. I want the stadium shaking. Those are the days I remember. Those are the days I want back, and maybe another 30 to 35 years would be nice.

But from what you guys are saying it is getting worse. I get to talk to BC on thursday, I will mention the complaints and see what his reponse is.

Have we planned anything for the Wake game? I would like to put some names and faces together.

Yeah, I about sh#t a brick when the old lady behind me said "If everyone sits then we can all see." If you wanna sit, go to the f**king bingo parlor. I was amped for the first game, been looking forward to it since practically the Fourth of July, and being told to sit down and watch pissed me off to no end. As much as the game was crappy, the fans were worse. I'm sorry if being a passionate fan and really getting into the game is an annoyance to those around me, last I checked I was at a football game. :wasted

could not agree more, the crowd has really been lackluster. Being told to sit at the first play of the line of scrimmage is ridiculous. If my fat ass can stand the whole game why can't other people.

I was dissappointed in the game and maybe my expectations are high, but so are my expectations for the crowd. I was there with my friends that all put in at least an 8 hour trip to memorial stadium. I better be allowed to stand and yell, if I want to seet I will stay home with my couch and banana splits.

I would just like to point out that, in addition to nepolo7 expecting alot from his football team, and its crowd. He also expects alot from buffet tables.

Sorry I took your topic Eric

This is quite sad....I haven't been to a game yet, but I have friends and family who have been many times and they are all saying the same thing. I remember hearing stories about them NOT sitting the whole game no matter what was going on. And for people to pull on REAL fans' shirt tales is absolutely ridiculous. As stated many times above, STAY HOME AND WATCH THE GAME ON TV! GIVE THE TICKETS TO THE TRUE FANS OF NU!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I about sh#t a brick when the old lady behind me said "If everyone sits then we can all see." 

but as a polite nebraskan, i'm sure you said something along the lines of, "While i appricate your position on the subject, ma'am, i am a husker fan and believe as one of the nebraskan faithful, i must support the team: loudly, without holding any emotions back. while i value your diversity, i would ask that you value mine at the same time."

because, gosh darn it, we're nebraskans. were just friendly like that, even when we disagree.

now, if you were a colorado fan, you would have turned around, smacked her up along side the head with your beer bottle and said, "SHADDUP YA OLD BIDDIE! YOU DON'T TELL A NAVY MAN HE'S HAD TOO MUCH TO DRINK!" followed by the sound **BLARRRURGHHH** as you puked your Coors Lite and hotwing breakfast up on her person.

she should count her blessings that she wasn't in colorado.

Yeah, I about sh#t a brick when the old lady behind me said "If everyone sits then we can all see." 

but as a polite nebraskan, i'm sure you said something along the lines of, "While i appricate your position on the subject, ma'am, i am a husker fan and believe as one of the nebraskan faithful, i must support the team: loudly, without holding any emotions back. while i value your diversity, i would ask that you value mine at the same time."

because, gosh darn it, we're nebraskans. were just friendly like that, even when we disagree.

now, if you were a colorado fan, you would have turned around, smacked her up along side the head with your beer bottle and said, "SHADDUP YA OLD BIDDIE! YOU DON'T TELL A NAVY MAN HE'S HAD TOO MUCH TO DRINK!" followed by the sound **BLARRRURGHHH** as you puked your Coors Lite and hotwing breakfast up on her person.

she should count her blessings that she wasn't in colorado.

:yeah:rollin

I guess I was not as dissapointed in NU as most here were, after all, a win is a win with this team, and I would like to know what was so promising about the end of last year that gave everyone such high goddamn expectaions this year? Please guys, if you wanted that score to be 63 to whatever, you should have stayed home, cracked a PBR and queued up your PS2, because that was the only place where that was gonna happen.

That leads to this, I sat in perhaps the worst section near the worst NU fans I have ever been around at that game. I was being yelled at to sit down on the first play from scrimmage, and they only stood up for the GODDAMN BAND AT HALFTIME! If only the students are going to get fired up for the game, and then throw it in as a crowd when we aren;t rushing for 310 yards at the half, then a lot more is wrong with this program then the people running it. The horrible crown and my genera shock at seeing how fat some of my friends have gotten were the worst part of it for me.

As for the game, I thought every skill position in general looked better. Except for Ross. Seriously, if the line is going to be that bad, then Ross' bowling ball style running is not going to cut it. Put a slasher like Lucky in there. That guy is so good we are likely only to get 3 years out of him anyway, lets use him. Hardee is crazy fast and has good hands, Taylor throws a good ball. Its been a long time since we;ve had those three tools, give it some more time.

I agree with you that we have way to many old foggies in the crowd that don't get into the game and want to sit the whole game. I disagree with you that we shouldn't of won this game by a ton in the first half. I could of coached our team and won by 30 personally, and I'm not thinking highly on myself because I think any one who knows football could do as good or better. We have way way more talent then maine and can't put points on the board. I disagree with you that hardy is so darn fast, if he was he wouldn't of been chased down from behind by the maine dude. Everyone is expecting more because we brought in the ulmighty bill callahan and pederson says he's tired of not winning titles and he takes in a 10-3 team and leads it to a 5-6 record and probably the same this year.

I could of coached our team and won by 30 personally, and I'm not thinking highly on myself because I think any one who knows football could do as good or better.

:rollin

It's a state job, man.

Anyway, yes, I'm sorry but the old folks who don't want to have any fun have to go. I am sure you will have just as much fun knitting at home.